Antonio Conte (138 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
I think you're on to something, please tell more.
well it all started on a cold winters night, I was watching a certain Juventus game, I cant remember which one it was but one of our players was struggling, gio I think, anyway he had played a cup match mid-week and he was obviously tired, his striking partner was having a good game and was also fresh due to not playing the cup match, anyway Conte took of the other striker and gio kept struggling till the end of the match and didn't contribute much, then as I was watching our Chievo game I noticed alessio took off gio who was struggling. It made me think that alessio/Carrera are better at seeing which players are not playing well and which should be subbed, but conte is better at motivating players and getting them motivated.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
well it all started on a cold winters night, I was watching a certain Juventus game, I cant remember which one it was but one of our players was struggling, gio I think, anyway he had played a cup match mid-week and he was obviously tired, his striking partner was having a good game and was also fresh due to not playing the cup match, anyway Conte took of the other striker and gio kept struggling till the end of the match and didn't contribute much, then as I was watching our Chievo game I noticed alessio took off gio who was struggling. It made me think that alessio/Carrera are better at seeing which players are not playing well and which should be subbed, but conte is better at motivating players and getting them motivated.
Yes, I think you are right, could you please elaborate more. I very much like reading your opinion.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
Yes, I think you are right, could you please elaborate more. I very much like reading your opinion.
Well Conte can really motivate the troops, last season we had some really ordinary 1st halves, then conte would fire the team up at half time and we would go out in the second half all guns blazing, where as with alessio in the match against Chievo we were poor in the second half, alessio must have given the players a sense of complacency.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Well Conte can really motivate the troops, last season we had some really ordinary 1st halves, then conte would fire the team up at half time and we would go out in the second half all guns blazing, where as with alessio in the match against Chievo we were poor in the second half, alessio must have given the players a sense of complacency.
Yes yes... please tell more, I'm saving everything you write.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Yeah, he was destined for greatness. Such potential, even now sometimes on those rare magical full moon nights you can see the glimpse of that uber potential.
Definitely. And you know what scares me the most? He's the only attacker with potential to get even better. Sometimes I ask myself, if he stayed at Juventus, do you think we would've finished 2 consecutive times at 7th place in the league?

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
na im fine, my hand hurts, you can buy my book which has much more information plus full colour illustrations and quotes from former greats
You lost me.

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely. And you know what scares me the most? He's the only attacker with potential to get even better. Sometimes I ask myself, if he stayed at Juventus, do you think we would've finished 2 consecutive times at 7th place in the league?
Not a chance! With those 15g11a we would be contending in the CL for sure! Such a shame really... I even think we would have a strong strong chance of a CL title this year if he had the chanceto fulfill his potential in Juve in those two years.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I don't think Conte makes the subs when Carrera or Alessio are there because when he's on the sidelines he makes all his subs at the end of the game, whereas when the other two are on the sideline the subs are seemingly made much earlier.
Well, Gio was injured that's why he was taken off. Also, I remember Conte subbed Gio out at HT a while back, can't remember which game. Genoa maybe. So your theory is false.

TBH I really thing Carrera and alessio are better in terms of quick on the spot tactic changes compared to conte. But conte is a really good man motivator and team talker
:lol2: ok.

Let's just make Alessio and Carrera the coaches since they know their tactics more than Conte. Let Conte be the assistant, just a motivator.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
:lol2: ok.

Let's just make Alessio and Carrera the coaches since they know their tactics more than Conte. Let Conte be the assistant, just a motivator.

I never said that, Conte is better with the day to day training and perfecting the formation, all im saying is he isn't the best at making on the spot changes based on player performance, but he is still a young coach and he will improve to become one of the best managers in the world if he already isn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you really getting all worked up by a member who calls himself Mr Chocolate?
:sergio:

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Loans have killed our youth acadamy for 20 years. It must have. Considering how good our youth department has been the past 20 years and only managed to contribute with PDC, Marchisio and Gio. Not saying that loans are wrong but we could need someone to step in and really analyse our players and what they need and how they can get most benefits from which options. It seems like Conte however is more willing to give the kindergarden more chances with at least giving some of them some time on the pitch. Was happy to see Beltrame get some really valuable experience last week.

Regarding who is assistant to whom does not really matter. I think the situation for at least Alessio serves well. He seems like a guy who rather sees Conte in the spotlight so he can focus on the things he enjoy and does best. Some people like the spotlight and others don't, and in this case Conte is already well experienced in it. Not saying Alessio don't enjoy it at all or is poor in interviews etcetera but Conte is already since the past 20 years well experienced. In comparison he was born in the spotlights... :p Then again we do not know who does what in training and I feel that the tactical disposition during training, although difficult to tell who did what, needs to acknowledge the contribution by Conte as well. He has obviously had a great impact on several levels. Naturally he has his flaws which brings the issue of: I think we should be happy we have three different personalities who gives the team some heterogeneity. Three very qualified people, even overqualified considering Carrera, at least that's how I felt when he was coaching. Though match coaching and training are two different universes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 138)