Andrea Pirlo - CM - AC Milan (8 Viewers)

Aquilani or Pirlo?

• Aquilani

• Pirlo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
What Hazem said.

If I was in his place I wouldn't sign until I know that the likes of Del Neri won't be coaching me.
Yes, that is a wise move. But the whole transfer is far from being wise.

Pirlo should go to the US or Japan to end his career. Getting a 32yo to be our starter sucks. Not that he's only old, but he's not as half as player that he once was.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
To me 32 isn't old. My problem with Pirlo's transfer is not the age, my problem with him is that he hasn't been the same for a while now and I'm not into his playing style.

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
Why not?

He's coordinating great with Lucho in his team.
I think we'd be better with a creative player who could play further on the pitch. Alongside that guy it should be Marchisio as the workhorse/b2b and in their back a regular DM. Also, the fact that Deschamps would want potential WC youngsters instead of a short-term solution, I assume.

Well, I just think we'd look too defensive on the paper, but afterall we're still in Serie A so Didier would work on something new most likely.

Itztli

'Curious'
May 12, 2011
As much as i love Pirlo( The only player that i love outside of Juve shirt, and that he's coming on free transfer). He's turning 32 soon, and doesn't have much in tank left. With that being said. there's no doubt Pirlo is class, and his vision unmatch.

Would love it if he came a teacher to one of Giandonato, Appelt, or somebody else.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I don't think Pirlo has deteriorated over the last couple of years as some do.

Pirlo is a passer, so he needs people to pass to.

In the past, he had great movement from guys like Cafu and Shevchenko for Milan and Zambrotta and Grosso for Italy.

Who now moves off the ball as well as those players did in their prime?

Give Pirlo movement and I'm willing to bet he'll still make the pass.

He's shown that this season when he's been able to find Ibrahimovic's chest from fifty yards when Ibrahimovic has move off his marker.

However, that does raise the question of whether Juve will have players who move well enough off the ball to make it worth having a great passer like Pirlo in the team.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
However, that does raise the question of whether Juve will have players who move well enough off the ball to make it worth having a great passer like Pirlo in the team.
we do have a few players able to make smart runs... marchisio, alex, matri, pepe that's it pretty much... if those are able to convert a killer pass played above the defense remains to be seen, while i actually only have doubts on pepes ability to charge down such a ball... marchisio has shown that he has some awsome volley skills... now you will ask why i did not include krasic ... it's simply because i do not think he has much of a footballer brain ... his decision making is awful most of the time and someone who only uses one "trick" all the time can't have much football intelligence.

of course it would be necessary that we had mobile fullbacks to support the attack and make our movement more unpredictable on the overlap, but we do not have them right now.

you could argue that it is of no use to sign pirlo, without having the team that runs around him, but you gotta start somewhere ! it would not be better if we had a team full of movement and that little vagina aquilani not daring to pass to them because they are too far away or marked loosely.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Good point Red. Thats exactly what I been saying to Milanisti who dogged Pirlo for no reason, how vital it is for a playmaker like him to have actual movement/options around him, and how Milan haddetoriated quite a bit in that regard with ageing team. With us Krasic and Matri would benifite the most from it. Krasic in particular, I see him run forward alot, and Aquilani fails too often on making those passes, that is if he even bothers to attempt them.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I think with the current Juve system/tactics and players he will have to defend as much as passing.
I'm assuming things will change a bit next season.

There wouldn't be much point in putting Pirlo in the current Juve team, because there wouldn't be anyone for him to pass to and he'd be a defensive liability.

SoulSiick

Schizoid Man
Oct 16, 2007
This season he was injured for 2 months, and after that was benched for rest of season, he played 2 games as a sub after that.

but last season ( 2009-2019) , he Played in 32 game. and just look at his passing stats :

He is not as good as he was in 2006 for sure, but still has quality and class.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
sahin already tried to break into dortmunds first squad 6 years ago and flopped badly (although you could see glimpses of his ability) now after a big loan spell and the time in dortmund he is hardly a guarantee... he might as well flop again when the going gets tough just like he did in his first two years at dortmund and of course we could not compete with real madrids money, wage offerings and champions league participation, so this just proves my point that we do not get anyone decent without money or CL

and to your last question ... if marotta already knew him from back then (2005) then he would be correct to not gamble on that player that already flopped in dortmund (a much less star-studded side back then)
What do you mean without money? To say we haven''t spend wisely is correct, but to say we don't have money to spend is not. We were always very active in each mercato post Calciopoli.

Also, if you think we shouldn't at least try to get a very good player because we missed out on Champions League, etc., then what is the point of having a Sporting Director? We might as well fire Marotta and remain without a Sporting Director until we'll finish in the top 3 if that's the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)