Andrea Pirlo - CM - AC Milan (6 Viewers)

Aquilani or Pirlo?

• Aquilani

• Pirlo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
poli and cigarini are both unproven (even more than aquaman) so they would be a bad replacement.

aquilani is just too lethargic on the pitch and does not get involved enough. from a regista i demand more involvement. often he just walks slowly on the pitch like having a walk in the park instead of running into spaces to be able to receive a ball from his team mates.
I'm actually with you here, I have been saying the same for a while now. Although Pirlo is definitely not the answer for us.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
One of the most beautiful players to have ever graced the pitch. Not to want him, based on quality is almost blasphemous.

This transfer is never going to happen though.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
leave aquilani alone, hes having a full season after missing months due injury in the pats few years, he will get better
are our standards so low now, that we consider it sufficient that a player that was deemed to be very injury prone does actually play 20 games a season? i don't see him getting better actually. i think the problem is with his general attitude towards the game. either you are on fire and demand the ball all the time or you just jogg around like you don't care and play a nice pass if someone happens to pass the ball to you.

the effort he makes to actually get the ball and make something out of it is way to less for a club like juve. even melo who is more considered a destroyer does that more often

don't get me wrong. my point is ... don't pay that much for aquilani if he does not improve considerably. if there is no other/better option for the CM spot, then we could think about pirlo as a stopgap for 1 to 2 years in which we can calmly search for a good young player that fits us.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
aquilani is just too lethargic on the pitch and does not get involved enough. from a regista i demand more involvement. often he just walks slowly on the pitch like having a walk in the park instead of running into spaces to be able to receive a ball from his team mates.
He hasn't been expressing himself as much offensively lately, but that's because he's been working hard defending in the middle.

Djabrail

May 23, 2008
Big Yes to Pirlo over Aquaman. Wage cut and a 2 years contract. His technique, vision and passing ability never gonna fade away, so, YES, if its between him and Aqua.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
if pirlo is really done, then i wonder why the statistics claim that he is more effective than aquaman ?

aquaman this season:
28 games, 2 goals, 3 assists, 2073 minutes played
pirlo this season:
24 games, 2 goals, 6 assists, 1860 minutes played

done or not ... he is effective and certainly a better free kick taker than aqua-eye

May 22, 2007
if pirlo is really done, then i wonder why the statistics claim that he is more effective than aquaman ?
Anyone saying he is "done" is stupid. I don't think he's the right player for Juventus to progress with, given his age. 3 years ago, yes in a heartbeat.

Aquilani still hasn't shown he is worth dishing out €16m for.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
If he takes a pay cut, definitely. Pirlo still has much to offer. Poor form doesn't mean he is a poor player.

I also agree with those criticizing Aquilani, who after a bright start, has since been mediocre by his own standards. He is capable of offering much more from an offensive standpoint, and I don't buy into the arguement that he is being watered down by his defensive responsibilities. He needs to be more imaginative, push forward more, and start taking more shots when he is in position. For 16m + 3.5m a season in wages, I expect a lot more.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

aquaman this season:
28 games, 2 goals, 3 assists, 2073 minutes played
pirlo this season:
24 games, 2 goals, 6 assists, 1860 minutes played

done or not ... he is effective and certainly a better free kick taker than aqua-eye
because pirlo gives assists to robinho, pato, ibrahimovic, inzaghi and ronaldinho

while aqua had iaquinta, amauri

aqua is essential to juventus, if he isnt visibale, he still offers plenty
he isnt moving much, cause we play rigid, organised.
if he moved we'd be caught horribly out of possession, is the thinking behind it

get aqua

pirlo was the best regista i ever saw play football, xavi cant even tie his shoes, but he's old, past it, and has won everything. he isnt motivated as it should be

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
because pirlo gives assists to robinho, pato, ibrahimovic, inzaghi and ronaldinho

while aqua had iaquinta, amauri
i have watched enough juve-games this season (perhaps missed 2 matches) and i saw that aquilani does perhaps achieve a pirlo-esqe over the defense-ball once every 5 matches. the passing of pirlo (and this is something that stays regardless of age) is at least on class better then aquilanis. how many times does aquilani stretch the field by changing the side of play by a pass that goes to the other wing ? things that pirlo does nearly every game are very rarely seen by aquilani.

aqua is essential to juventus, if he isnt visibale, he still offers plenty
he isnt moving much, cause we play rigid, organised.
if he moved we'd be caught horribly out of possession, is the thinking behind it
yes, aquilani does add something to our game, that keeps us ticking, but it is so much less than what you would expect from someone who is worth more than 10m €.

your thoughts about the game and not being allowed to move much, because of a rigid system are pretty funny.

i bet my coach would laugh his ass off, if i told him "i can't get into space to receive a ball, because we would lose our organization and get cought out off position". sorry, but not moving much is exactly what makes it very easy for the opponents players to mark him out of the game and this leads to him being invisible because he does not touch the ball in dangerous areas, because he is marked and does not move to lose his marker.

pirlo was the best regista i ever saw play football, xavi cant even tie his shoes, but he's old, past it, and has won everything. he isnt motivated as it should be
we are not talking about motivation and the lack of involvement of aqua could also be a sign of missing motivation, but lets not stretch it. i am just saying don't pay that money for aquilani. get someone better/other where the player is worth the price and only if there is no such player, then get pirlo as stopgap.

Gustav

Jul 20, 2008
i have watched enough juve-games this season (perhaps missed 2 matches) and i saw that aquilani does perhaps achieve a pirlo-esqe over the defense-ball once every 5 matches. the passing of pirlo (and this is something that stays regardless of age) is at least on class better then aquilanis. how many times does aquilani stretch the field by changing the side of play by a pass that goes to the other wing ? things that pirlo does nearly every game are very rarely seen by aquilani.
:agree:

Even today, Pirlo is still one of the best passers of the ball in the game.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Pirlo is past his best and has been on the slippery slope for a while. Of the two, I'd pick Aquilani but if someone better or similar but better value came along .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)