Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (89 Viewers)

rainhard

May 5, 2004
You raised some very good points my friend! :)
You are right, this NEXTGENSL may not make quick money fast. But that is if it is played in Europe. You inspired another awesome idea in me.

I would think this NEXTGENSL could take place in China. Have a base for all these giant clubs in China for 2-3 years for this NEXTGENSL.
China is recovering from covid quicker, and stadium can be filled soon. All the club need to do is make sure that the big players turn up before each game just to sign autographs and do some fan interaction events such as player PES with them, while the nextgen players will play the matches. i'm sure we with the right marketing, NEXTGEN players can be super attractive to millenials too. Look at cool players like Harvey Elliot instrageam. That guy could probably be the ambassador for some FMCG shampoo line.

AND also sell the streaming rights to monopoly companies like Douyu or Huya!

That is where the $$$ is. The future of football should be an online-offline experience (OMNICHANNEL)

Super League was an awesome idea and only mediocore folks cant see it.
When it is based in neutral place and have worldwide audiences then the new problem is everyone in the world want to jump in
So how to pick the top 20 clubs from all over the world is the next problem to be solved

Buy on AliExpress.com

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
When it is based in neutral place and have worldwide audiences then the new problem is everyone in the world want to jump in
So how to pick the top 20 clubs from all over the world is the next problem to be solved
Nah it isn't that hard, it could be judged upon a series of matrix:
- Historical contribution to the sport
- Amount of national players in the team
- financial status of the team

and then of course, leave the 20th spot for a Chinese team. AtMadrid can give up their spot (since they play boring football and we already have the stronger madrid team)
Since we are using their stadium and as a show of friendship.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
1 Asia (Chinese SL winner/Winner of AFC Champions League) , 1 Africa (Africa Champs League) ,1 South America (Libertadores Winner) , 1 North America (Gold Cup of club, 16 Europe (top club from Europe 12 founding clubs + 4 from France and Germany). Altough this can increase to max 22 so another 2 spots from last UCL and Euro Cup winners. With this in mind this will be the World Club Championship ++

The only problem is the founding club concept and all of the club will need to have pretty vast of backup to play 38 domestic games + 41 games in World Super League (38 if 20 clubs)

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
1 Asia (Chinese SL winner/Winner of AFC Champions League) , 1 Africa (Africa Champs League) ,1 South America (Libertadores Winner) , 1 North America (Gold Cup of club, 16 Europe (top club from Europe 12 founding clubs + 4 from France and Germany). Altough this can increase to max 22 so another 2 spots from last UCL and Euro Cup winners. With this in mind this will be the World Club Championship ++

The only problem is the founding club concept and all of the club will need to have pretty vast of backup to play 38 domestic games + 41 games in World Super League (38 if 20 clubs)
most leagues are reducing their numbers.
See Ligue 1 switch from 20 to 18.
If it was me I'd go from 20 to 16

rainhard

May 5, 2004
most leagues are reducing their numbers.
See Ligue 1 switch from 20 to 18.
If it was me I'd go from 20 to 16
I actually loved 20 club in 1 league, it is the most systematic 10 match per week
It will be better if that consist of at least 5 pyramids x 20 (100 top clubs of the country)
Then more large pyramid to capture the other clubs (the most in number)

And what I want to suggest is more clubs to be relegated and promoted around 5 club (25%) +/- 1 club
Maybe 6th from bottom can do the play off with 6th from division below to determined who will get the seat in the top level
Except for 5th tier only lower 5 will relegated, and there are 5 leagues like Serie C/A (F/A,F/B...F/E) that the champions of each league will become the promote one. And below this 5 division of lets say Serie F each will have 3 divisions to make the pyramid bigger and put the semi pro and amateur clubs in this pool

With this in mind the investment of lower club will increase because the opportunity to be promoted will be higher than ever before
And it is more cheaper to invest in club like Cittadela than club like Fiorentina, but with some financial backup they can go up the ladder in the fastest ways
possibly. With this setup, the reward and punishment will be more evenly because top 6 of each league will get the most benefit from their performance and lower 6 will be the most punished with exception for the play off ones that will be the sudden death of promotion relegation (this can be a sort of spectacle too)

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012

Doesn’t sound like a good business idea to include Africa and America clubs. Their financial power and presence is quite weak. Doesn’t add value to the essence of this super league concept.

Jun 16, 2020
Honestly other than AA himself, we do not have enough businessmen running our show and that is why SL did not happen. It could have saved football from turning into the next ‘curling.’ Football is boring as f these days with VAR and DSimeone. Pitch needs to be smaller, game shorter, and draws should be awarded with point deduction. And game time should target China audience.

SL was an awesome idea. But because our management is made up of a retired footballer (nedved) and a fan of expired players (tici,) the announcement was handled poorly. If AA had some of the best businessmen/politician like tsai ingwen or Dana White by his side, they could have:

Introduced the SL as chance for big clubs to let their youths have a chance to play first team football, given their huge player roster. They could have branded this the NextGenSuperLeague.
It would have created a good enough buzz for the world to want to watch, especially viral Instagram millennials!

And then after one or two seasons, they could slowly tweak the rules to allow more and more overage players to play and finally turn it into the SuperLeague that they want to.

And if UEFAk or fifak ever wanna sue, SL could play the victim card and say that Uefak and fifak is standing in the way of youth development and create campaign such as #chanceforyouth etc!

See. This is what you get for having neddy and tici, instead of me, by your side, AA
I want to hire you as my personal advisor. How much do you want yearly? In Euro’s.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Honestly other than AA himself, we do not have enough businessmen running our show and that is why SL did not happen. It could have saved football from turning into the next ‘curling.’ Football is boring as f these days with VAR and DSimeone. Pitch needs to be smaller, game shorter, and draws should be awarded with point deduction. And game time should target China audience.

SL was an awesome idea. But because our management is made up of a retired footballer (nedved) and a fan of expired players (tici,) the announcement was handled poorly. If AA had some of the best businessmen/politician like tsai ingwen or Dana White by his side, they could have:

Introduced the SL as chance for big clubs to let their youths have a chance to play first team football, given their huge player roster. They could have branded this the NextGenSuperLeague.
It would have created a good enough buzz for the world to want to watch, especially viral Instagram millennials!

And then after one or two seasons, they could slowly tweak the rules to allow more and more overage players to play and finally turn it into the SuperLeague that they want to.

And if UEFAk or fifak ever wanna sue, SL could play the victim card and say that Uefak and fifak is standing in the way of youth development and create campaign such as #chanceforyouth etc!

See. This is what you get for having neddy and tici, instead of me, by your side, AA
I oddly like this post

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
I oddly like this post
Who wouldn’t?!

The world would pay trillions to see HOT TRENDING youth players of giant clubs come up against each other in a 7-a-side joga bonito tournament!

Couple that with Neymars and Ronaldos appearing before game to sign autographs and play PES with lucky draw winners online livestream.

That is basically a money making machine that also save the dying sport

rainhard

May 5, 2004
I dont understand why football is dying ?
While you actually only need a pitch and a ball to play

The right terms is post covid income cannot cover pre covid expenditure
But we can't say that football is dying, for us to counter this condition actually very easy

We only need to offload 2 top earners in our club that already > 30 years
And the names are CR7 and Bonucci List of salary

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
I dont understand why football is dying ?
While you actually only need a pitch and a ball to play

The right terms is post covid income cannot cover pre covid expenditure
But we can't say that football is dying, for us to counter this condition actually very easy

We only need to offload 2 top earners in our club that already > 30 years
And the names are CR7 and Bonucci List of salary

Football is dying not because of covid. It is because as a sport, it is facing many new sports that the next gen finds more attractive.
E-sports, MMA, etc.

Even me myself struggle to watch 90mins games these days

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Honestly, this eriksen incident only shows that ESL is a good idea. Top players are needlessly exhausting themselves on games that don’t make revenue.

Players like eriksen/inter should be playing in games against Juve Liverpool etc, instead of wasting energy on parma or other European minor league teams.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Honestly, this eriksen incident only shows that ESL is a good idea. Top players are needlessly exhausting themselves on games that don’t make revenue.

Players like eriksen/inter should be playing in games against Juve Liverpool etc, instead of wasting energy on parma or other European minor league teams.
You take it really wrong because ESL club will not let go their domestic league
A season without scudetto is nothing compare to the money from ESL, this actually kill football

So if they played in domestic and ESL then they must play 38 + 38 games per year. That is far much games compare to domestic + UCL that will around 60 games top

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
You take it really wrong because ESL club will not let go their domestic league
A season without scudetto is nothing compare to the money from ESL, this actually kill football

So if they played in domestic and ESL then they must play 38 + 38 games per year. That is far much games compare to domestic + UCL that will around 60 games top
I see.
Well but ESL will be only 1h per game, with rolling subs, 7 players, and smaller pitch.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
I see.
Well but ESL will be only 1h per game, with rolling subs, 7 players, and smaller pitch.
I think UEFA can do that with current format of UCL and EURO cups as the provided clubs for ESL
Lets say this ESL is consist of 20 clubs, then the inaugurated of ESL must have top 16 UCL clubs (top 16 round) from previous UCL and top 4 (semifinalist) from previous EURO cup

In real football match (90 minutes), all players eligible through the list submitted for 30 players (long league need more players)
Then ESL become the Current UCL (and to enter only from UCL and EURO Cup)
To cover the more games of domestic and UCL , then the 5 subs is become permanent by UEFA circa FIFA
But, it will become of the form 3 normal subs like now +2 U23 players subbed in, this will make clubs to spend more to get better U23 players to maximize their subs used . Hence improvement for young players

Then after that will be there are 6 clubs that relegated each season from ESL, but they still can play in UCL or Euro if they reach that position through their domestic position. So UCL will be 2nd top continent comp and Euro Cup will be 3rd top (but cannot if their nations quota is fulfilled by another club in ESL, read why need nations quota below). This quota will come from UEFA coefficient ranking
Another option is 10 clubs relegated from ESL and the promoted is 8 from UCL (quarter finalist) and 2 from European League (finalist)
With this will become more circulation and makes every league more competitive

And for ESL promotion for next season after will be top 4(semifinalist from UCL) and top 2 (finalist from EURO)
And the other 14 club tops will keep their position in ESL that will bring the best $$$

But while everything seems great and that is meritocracy fulfilled to the max. This will become disaster with this setup
Because we can see every club from EPL keep getting promoted to ESL year by year then ESL becoming EPL++

How to overcome that is the limitation of the total club of country play in Europe(quota), so lets say there is 6 England clubs play in ESL, then only 1 other club will play in UCL and no England club played in EURO cup, because the quota of England is 7 clubs to compete in Europe

Another problem is UCL becoming less competitive and Euro Cup even more less competitive and the money will go through ESL (UCL money+), UCL become EURO+ (less than current UCL Money) , then EURO become EURO CUP II + in terms of money

The 12 founding club is not necessarily becoming the founder and fix participant but if they can keep their performance they will always be in ESL
I think top club like Real, Barca, Juve, City, MU,PSG,Inter who have the most resources will always stay in the league

1623598635103.png

This is my proposal for every European clubs if I am the president of UEFA, and I will be still friends with Agnelli
And this league will start next year @2021 and starting to give relaxation for supporters come to stadium with strict covid protocol. You must negative swab pcr and that price is included in ticket while keeping the attendance around 30% of stadium capacity and will increase time by time when situation is becoming better

5 England Clubs, 5 Spain cllubs, 4 Italian clubs, 4 Germany, 1 French and 1 Portugal

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 80)