Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (38 Viewers)

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Is it fair to go back 3 years? Beppster got the sack in October 2018, so the transfer windows of Paratici were summer 2019 and summer 2020. Summer 2019 was a mixed bag, summer 2020 was better and overall I'd say our 2020/21 roster is better than 2018/19 roster, of course that is a matter of preference.

Compared to 2018/19 the important players out are Cancelo, Spinazzola, Pjanic, Matuidi, Can, Costa, Kean, Mandzukic. Of course there's also Perin, de Sciglio, 39yo Barzagli, weelchair Khedira, Caceres and Rugani, but I doubt anyone is missing them. The important players in are de Ligt, Danilo, Demiral, Arthur, Ramsey, Rabiot, McKennie, Chiesa, Kulusevski and Morata. Is squad quality really heavily declined since then? I'd say no, the big problem is Pirlo coaching the team in 2020/21 instead of Allegri in 2018/19.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Is it fair to go back 3 years? Beppster got the sack in October 2018, so the transfer windows of Paratici were summer 2019 and summer 2020. Summer 2019 was a mixed bag, summer 2020 was better and overall I'd say our 2020/21 roster is better than 2018/19 roster, of course that is a matter of preference.

Compared to 2018/19 the important players out are Cancelo, Spinazzola, Pjanic, Matuidi, Can, Costa, Kean, Mandzukic. Of course there's also Perin, de Sciglio, 39yo Barzagli, weelchair Khedira, Caceres and Rugani, but I doubt anyone is missing them. The important players in are de Ligt, Danilo, Demiral, Arthur, Ramsey, Rabiot, McKennie, Chiesa, Kulusevski and Morata. Is squad quality really heavily declined since then? I'd say no, the big problem is Pirlo coaching the team in 2020/21 instead of Allegri in 2018/19.
It's not about squad quality, it's about squad balance. The players on paper maybe be better but the core and the entire roster does not make a better team.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I would say Marotta was sacked because of the Ronaldo deal. I think he was against it and Tici and Nedved were for it.
Probably, we would not know unless we are Baddass Insiders. But if we are on that line of thought, maybe Marotta thought CR7 will make the squad unbalanced? Look, I was never a fan of Marotta but to give credit where its due, he was able to build a team and kept on strengthening it during his entire spell. Paratici is buying individuals that are hard to work together. Forget Pirlo for a minute, Sarri couldn't make that work either and the Scudetto came despite of him not because of him. As we said, it started in 2018/19

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I agree that it started there and I feel that it is the reason Marotta left. The problem has become bigger and Paratici enhanced its growth.
started there? the balance (focusing on attack not midfield, not building a coherent team) was a big problem ever since we sold Pogba and blew the money on Higuain.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Is it fair to go back 3 years? Beppster got the sack in October 2018, so the transfer windows of Paratici were summer 2019 and summer 2020.
is it fair to give credit to tici for the ronaldo deal? beppe was reported to be strongly against it, and the same was said about the bonucci-caldara swap and higuain's loan to meelan. so even in 2018, marotta wasn't in control. so yes, i'd go back to that summer.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
started there? the balance (focusing on attack not midfield, not building a coherent team) was a big problem ever since we sold Pogba and blew the money on Higuain.
I was criticizing Marotta since then. Even Vidal before him too was sold without being properly replaced. But even then the team had balance.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I was criticizing Marotta since then. Even Vidal before him too was sold without being properly replaced. But even then the team had balance.
the CL final team in 2016/17 had balance? lol no, we had 2 starting level CMs and the rest of our mediocre CM collection ended up as "attacking subs" as we had no other attacking subs, it has been our approach for a long time - look for opportunities, bargains and eclectic players instead of building a coherent team, it's not something Tici came up with the last two summers.

- - - Updated - - -

is it fair to give credit to tici for the ronaldo deal? beppe was reported to be strongly against it, and the same was said about the bonucci-caldara swap and higuain's loan to meelan. so even in 2018, marotta wasn't in control. so yes, i'd go back to that summer.
I think its not fair, no, as at least half of those reports of who thought what are coming out of someones ass..

Last edited:

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
https://www.juventuz.com/threads/fabio-paratici.30190/page-252#post-6289907

:touched: so gone from "wishful rating" of mercato of 7.5 to "solid foundation and young core" less than 2 months ago to now suddenly its all paratici's fault its a mess. The extremes of tuz
You moron!!! Have you even read what I wrote???

I can't believe I'm doing this to myself, but look, I will bold it for you, so you can concentrate.

We need a clean slate, hire a proper coach and give him the right players.

We still have a solid foundation and pretty young core of the players, with few quality additions and proper coach we would be set for another 5 years of Scudetto.

I'm not sure is this everything on him, but he definitely needs to take part of the blame instead of shouting at referees and insulting them.
In the first sentence as you can see I did say that We have a solid foundation, we kinda rejuvenated the squad, no one here denied it But we still need few quality additions 2 MF and 1 LB is a must and as many here previously said he fucked up there on few occasions.

In the second sentence, I said that he is not the only one to blame, as that would be plain moronic (see what you doing when attacking Pirlo), there is a huge portion of the blame on the coach too, also the fact that no one denies.

Disclaimer: The following sentence you might not understand at first so please read carefully:

Paratici brought us to this scenario, first with Sarri and then with Pirlo, he also managed to fuck a solid amount of transfer like with Spinazzola etc. Also he missed signing the likes of Barella and Tonali while we are craving for midfielders and allowed Inter (while in financial fuck up) to catch us up and have better upside than we do...

From now on, please avoid my post, I mean don't quote me, I don't post that often and I hate to take your virginity time by making you searching my posts from 2018.
I'll read yours as a good satire and comedy!

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
A few quality additions on top of the solid foundation and young core to sack paratici hes made a mess of this team in less than 2 months :lol: change your fucking tune why don't you :lol: comedy gold is on you. In 2 months time you'll probably blame the kit man

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Spinazolla and Tonali are nothing to be missed, Barella i agree good player
jury's still out on tonali, but spina would be a huge upgrade on frabotta and berna, and he's arguably better in the attacking phase than sandro. plus he's homegrown, he was cheap, loyal, humble, hard working. selling him looked retarded back then, and looks even worse now.

barella obviously shits on everyone we have right now.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
A few quality additions on top of the solid foundation and young core to sack paratici hes made a mess of this team in less than 2 months :lol: change your fucking tune why don't you :lol: comedy gold is on you. In 2 months time you'll probably blame the kit man
I am amazed that you can’t accept the fact that tici screwed up the squad big time.

No one is denying that Pirlo is at fault for the results this season but go back 2 years and you see real coaches struggling with the squad already. It really is an unbalanced squad with maybe the worst midfield ever... and this says a lot because we have had a shit midfield for years now.

I mean tici wanted Sarri at all costs and didn’t sign a single player capable of playing his style of play. All those „free“ transfers on high wages are killing us too, especially if you sign players with a heavy injury record.

We will see what happens in the summer but if we sign someone like icardi or even worser aguero this team is done for years

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Jun 7, 2003
I agree.

Except, of course, that every single one of those 3 would immediately improve our team.

Hmm, I guess I don't agree with you after all. :think:
Nothing can improve this team, we are doomed.

jury's still out on tonali, but spina would be a huge upgrade on frabotta and berna, and he's arguably better in the attacking phase than sandro. plus he's homegrown, he was cheap, loyal, humble, hard working. selling him looked retarded back then, and looks even worse now.

barella obviously shits on everyone we have right now.
Will watch Spina in the upcoming European games more, right now i prefer Frabotta over him

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I am amazed that you can’t accept the fact that tici screwed up the squad big time.

No one is denying that Pirlo is at fault for the results this season but go back 2 years and you see real coaches struggling with the squad already. It really is an unbalanced squad with maybe the worst midfield ever... and this says a lot because we have had a shit midfield for years now.

I mean tici wanted Sarri at all costs and didn’t sign a single player capable of playing his style of play. All those „free“ transfers on high wages are killing us too, especially if you sign players with a heavy injury record.

We will see what happens in the summer but if we sign someone like icardi or even worser aguero this team is done for years
Go back 2 years and you're looking at the team Beppe built.

Can you please provide the quote regarding Tici wanted Sarri at all costs? Many of the nonsense posted daily is based on absolutely nothing. F.e. someone not even remotely connected to the club recently came out saying "Paratici is obsessed with Galacticos and wants Juventus to adapt their strategy" and half of tuz takes it for a fact lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)