Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (80 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Agnelli positives outweighs his negatives by a landslide still. We don't want a lapo Elkann character to take over at the club and turn the entire squad into sunglasses models.

The way to go starts by not renewing Paratici's contract (And Nedved? I still don't know what Nedved's tasks are tbh). The new director should be someone who knows football in and out more in terms of squad structure rather than just scouting young talents and jumping on bargain deals. These characters are not common in Italy unfortunately.
I love it

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Instead of engaging in childish banter on the touchline with your ex-coach, Man the fuck up and terminate , with extreme prejudice, the two cancers you have promoted to undeserving positions. If you can't do that, I hope the BOD fires you and those two douche nozzles. Enough of this mediocrity.

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
I felt like the Lyon and Ajax losses were more painful than this one. This was kinda expected, it is what it is. We had 9 good years, it came to an end.

We catch the L and keep it moving. The club became too comfortable and overrated themselves. It's a good wake up call and hopefully we sort out our issues and start a new cycle from next year.

Agnelli took over in 2010 and experienced rising to the top. Now he's been pushed off the top and if he's going to stay on as president for years to come this is a good experience to take with him.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Who's gonna throw us out next? Atalanta?

He deserved that one.
They can still throw us out in the Coppa Italia final.

His pathetic comments on Atalanta, his spat with Conte, publicly dissing Dybala on the contract negotiations. All this is very uncharacteristic of him.

I'm really starting to dislike him and his attitude. I'm not sure what he's going through atm but this is the not the same Agnelli that brought us back to the top.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Sack the clowns, but most importantly replace Paratici with a director that worked abroad and knows other ways of business except "I'm the dof, I buy players, coach adapts"

Berta comes to mind immediately.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
This man has probably the two most critical and difficult decisions to make in football right now:

1.) Admit we need to let Ronaldo go and sell him so we can rebuild even if it means admitting this expensive experiment failed and it was fun while it lasted but cost us dearly.

2.) Figure out the Dybala situation: risk losing him for free, try to sell or give the soy boy the money he wants and have ANOTHER inconsistent temperamental high earner on the books when we need to rebuild with a MUCH LESS financial pot to play with b/c of CL failures.

Good luck Agnelli. You're going to need it. Swallow your fucking pride already, get on the horn and start calling Max. Apologize to Pirlo for putting him in a shitty position and bump him back to U23 for a couple years to maybe actually get experience as a coach.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I think you & I have different ideas of what "fun" is. :grin:
Touché(è?)

I mean, didn't you have fun tracking plans and watching him meet on a mysterious island? LOL that was rad I don't care what you say. Some nice goals along the way but at the end it ended up hurting the club a lot. It's really a sad ending to what (at first) felt like a fairytale.

Oct 23, 2011
Swallow your fucking pride already, get on the horn and start calling Max. Apologize to Pirlo for putting him in a shitty position and bump him back to U23 for a couple years to maybe actually get experience as a coach.
Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't you one of the guys that wanted Allegri out? If so, I really respect this.

We don't have that bad of a squad to compete for a top 4 spot and get knocked out against Porto. Its not a well-build squad, but all these players have all performed better in the past at their previous teams or in prior seasons. Allegri is the only coach who comes to mind who can make something out of this bunch.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
They can still throw us out in the Coppa Italia final.

His pathetic comments on Atalanta, his spat with Conte, publicly dissing Dybala on the contract negotiations. All this is very uncharacteristic of him.

I'm really starting to dislike him and his attitude. I'm not sure what he's going through atm but this is the not the same Agnelli that brought us back to the top.
What comments on Atalanta and Dybala? I missed that.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't you one of the guys that wanted Allegri out? If so, I really respect this.

We don't have that bad of a squad to compete for a top 4 spot and get knocked out against Porto. Its not a well-build squad, but all these players have all performed better in the past at their previous teams or in prior seasons. Allegri is the only coach who comes to mind who can make something out of this bunch.
I was ready for a change because I had felt Max had done everything he was going to do here. I wanted Zidane b/c I wanted someone that has won a CL before, this club needed someone like that. Now we are starting over again for the 3rd time when if we had hired the right coach after Max we wouldn't be in this position. I wasn't excited about Sarri but was willing to give him a season. Our last season under Max highlighted we were out of new ideas. Max coming back would reboot us at the VERY LEAST get us back to grinding league results again. CL with Max, who knows.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Just karma for Agnelli

5E8C3B14-41C7-4AE5-87BD-0106CF90433E.png
A lot of smaller (and bigger) football club followers are bitter about the ESL plans, but it's totally irrelevant in the sporting sense. Nothing to do with "glamour" (a quote he has completely fabricated). Juve lost to Fiorentina, does that mean that Fiorentina should be in the ESL? Maybe they could have our scudetto for beating us, like when the Scots declared themselves "World Champions" after beating England at Wembley in 1967?

What Agnelli and co are proposing is purely based on finances, the biggest clubs with the most fans, history and revenues, who he thinks are deserving of this place as they prop up their respective leagues financially.

Still, it does make Agnelli look like he only wants the ESL because Juve suck in the CL. But that's not the case, he's all about growth and finances. He is obsessed with the American models. I read an article this morning about how he wants to give subscriptions for the last 15 minutes of games like they do in the NBA. It works better in the NBA as there is most action then, but in football it's not exactly the same. Goals can be scored after 60 seconds (as we find out) and then nothing else can happen. He mentioned this because figures show only 40% of Gen Z kids are even showing any interest in football.

Seems to me like the bubble may burst another 10 years down the line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 11, Guests: 65)