Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (105 Viewers)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
You don't care about any of our 9 scudetti? You'd rather be inter who won a CL in 2010?
No, but in any discussion all our haters and neutrals have to do is mention that we havent won shit internarionally for 25 years to shut me up.

I can brag about domestic achievements all I want, but to everybody else we're almost no different to Arsenal.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
You don't care about any of our 9 scudetti? You'd rather be inter who won a CL in 2010?
I care about the scudetto, in fact im so mad we will most likely lose our streak this year with RONALDO in the team, and that is all our fault.... not even the competition.

Thats why we are so mad,
also lets be honest, serie A has been very easy league for us in our winning streak. Lets not kid ourselves

This team should be stronger right now and thats all on the board

- - - Updated - - -

No we shouldnt sack him but he also doesnt get a free pass for the so-called "9 years of winning"; cause like I said, it's insufficient unfortunately.
Exactly

Its plain to see that the last 4 years have been very messy in the management department

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Sack Agnelli might be the stupidest, most short term memory inspired kneejerkingest Tuz opinion yet.

Maybe sack the clowns who built the current squad but the general strategy, vision, growth etc. has been amazing under Agnelli.

Even the recent questionable actions on the transfer market and coaching appointments haven't changed my opinion that, overall, we are still one of the best run clubs in the world. By far the best in Italy where most clubs are still struggling to modernize and compete with other European sides.

Last edited:

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Sack Agnelli might be the stupidest, most short term memory inspired kneejerkingest Tuz opinion yet.

Maybe sack the clowns who built the current squad but the general strategy, vision, growth etc. has been amazing under Agnelli.
I don't agree with that sentiment (yet), but who exactly put those clowns in charge and gave them all the power in the world?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I don't agree with that sentiment (yet), but who exactly put those clowns in charge and gave them all the power in the world?
Well I don't know the intimate details of management structure, only what Tuz tells me.

Maybe he does have long term faith in the current project? I am sure, if he sees fault in Nedved and Paratici, then he will act at the end of the season. I don't buy the idea that they get a free pass just cause they are his buddies.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Well I don't know the intimate details of management structure, only what Tuz tells me.

Maybe he does have long term faith in the current project? I am sure, if he sees fault in Nedved and Paratici, then he will act at the end of the season. I don't buy the idea that they get a free pass just cause they are his buddies.
I don't either and I can only judge him on his actions.

I see him sacking Marotta for being outdated, wanting a more modern approach and wanting to move on to younger people, then keeping Nedved who wanted Sarri and especially Conte back, who keep living on 'opportunities'.

I see him sacking Allegri for one disappointing year, but giving more and more power to people who failed him in the transfer market.

I see him wanting to be a visionary with European Super League, revamping club and national football, but sticking with this terribly outdated model of managers having (almost) no say in the market.

People can jump on Paratici and Nedved as much as they want, and I did too, but he had a chance to rectify their bullshit last summer and went along with more of it. At some point he has to stop getting all the praise and those clowns all the blame.

If we don't win the Scudetto for me it is mostly on him. He chose Pirlo personally. If the worst happens I expect to see sweeping changes from management to players or he has no excuses any more.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
I'm also reluctant to buy the idea that it's all about Agnelli and his friendship with Nedved and Paratici. So, I decided to take a look at the Juventus board of directors. And, wow, what an interesting read it was.

To sum it up:
- Agnelli;
- Nedved;
- 1 guy from the tobacco industry (Agnelli worked there as well);
- 3 people from media and tech / startup sectors;
- 3 people from the financial sector.

In other words, zero people from football (Nedved, with all due respect, does not qualify as such when it comes to the C-level management). But, at the same time, a lot of people from media and finances. Now everything makes perfect sense, from cringeworthy media moves to obsession with plusvalenza at the expense of everything else.

P.S. Trying really hard not to add some joke about 2 guys from the tobacco industry on the board and Sarri's arrival to the club a year ago.

Last edited:

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Yeah Agnelli should sack himself. Brilliant.

- - - Updated - - -

Even the recent questionable actions on the transfer market and coaching appointments haven't changed my opinion that, overall, we are still one of the best run clubs in the world. By far the best in Italy where most clubs are still struggling to modernize and compete with other European sides.
Your best post ever

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I'm also reluctant to buy the idea that it's all about Agnelli and his friendship with Nedved and Paratici. So, I decided to take a look at the Juventus board of directors. And, wow, what an interesting read it was.

To sum it up:
- Agnelli;
- Nedved;

In other words, zero people from football (Nedved, with all due respect, does not qualify as such when it comes to the C-level management). But, at the same time, a lot of people from media and finances. Now everything makes perfect sense, from cringeworthy media moves to obsession with plusvalenza at the expense of everything else.

P.S. Trying really hard not to add some joke about 2 guys from the tobacco industry on the board and Sarri's arrival to the club a year ago.
How was the structure back when Marotta was here?

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
How was the structure back when Marotta was here?
I couldn't find the historical data, even in the Internet archive. But at least one thing is certain: Aldo Mazzia, CFO (and ex-CEO) who worked at Juventus for 12 years, left the club with Marotta. So, the C-level management lost 2 the most experienced and the most important (CEO, CFO) members at once.

- - - Updated - - -

At the moment the corporate management, responsible for implementing board's decisions, without a person like Marotta looks like a suitable set of football managers, but rather a "technical" one, not having its own identity.

And, by the way, here's what they say about Paratici's greatest achievements: "A profound reinterpretation of all scouting, the youth sector and the creation of Juventus Women and Juventus Under 23, are the main cornerstones of the model that Paratici and his colleagues have created." Sounds good and even enough to give a person a chance to try to do something on a higher level (and that's probably why Agnelli did it), but not even close to a CV of a person who was expected to replace Marotta.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020

To sum it up:
- Agnelli;
- Nedved;

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Enb06wIXEAcpSlO.jpg

The part of the board that we care about are Nedved (right hand of Agnelli), Paratici, Cherubini (right hand of Tici), Pessotto (youth) and Chiellini (responsible for our players out on loan).

In a big club there are dozens of directors all responsible of things we basically never hear something about (commercial revenues, legal issues, communication, etc). But to get back to your point, the directors responsible for our sportive results all have a history in football, only Chiellini’s brother not.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Enb06wIXEAcpSlO.jpg

The part of the board that we care about are Nedved (right hand of Agnelli), Paratici, Cherubini (right hand of Tici), Pessotto (youth) and Chiellini (responsible for our players out on loan).

In a big club there are dozens of directors all responsible of things we basically never hear something about (commercial revenues, legal issues, communication, etc). But to get back to your point, the directors responsible for our sportive results all have a history in football, only Chiellini’s brother not.
Among all of those people only Nedved is a part of the board. The rest are directors responsible for execution of strategic decisions made by a board. At least, that's how it's supposed to work in corporate structures that have a board and corporate management as separate entities.

It means, if the board limits the scope of what the management can do, for example, by deciding that something is of higher priority than the other things, then the directors, responsible for execution of strategies in their respective departments, are limited by those decisions, no matter how good they are as professionals. That's why prudent owners bring to the board people possessing the necessary expertise in the business the company is, because that's the place where the key decisions are made.

Of course, the corporate management can communicate their ideas upstream, but they have to sell their ideas to make things happen. And if the buyers do not possess the necessary expertise, then it often times becomes an uphill battle. That's another one reason to have enough business-specific professionals on your board, not just in your corporate management.

Brny44

Aug 24, 2020
He has done some huge mistakes in the last three years, and looks like we will suffer in the upcoming ones. Lost his vision, smart decisions and love for juventus. Cheering from stands just wont be enought...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 104)