Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (23 Viewers)

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
While we are at it, can someone remind me why was Marotta fired?
It's just speculation but apparently he dint agree with the CR7 transfer and also they wanted someone 'younger' to take over from him or in other words Agnelli was keen to promote Paratici.

Having said that, it's very plausible that Beppe was fired because of the disagreements between him and the board in regards to the direction this club was taking.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
At least they have resale value unlike the 90 mill Marotta spent on the likes of Higuain. Chiesa's value if anything has shot up this season whether anyone is prepared to pay that in today's day and age is another matter.
I seem to recall you being very, very happy when we signed Higuain.

And the posts you made in his thread back then seem to confirm my recollection.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I seem to recall you being very, very happy when we signed Higuain.

And the posts you made in his thread back then seem to confirm my recollection.
Ofc most of us were happy, he was coming off a record breaking season with crapoli, still doesn't change the fact marotta overpaid by meeting his release clause. And yet people are complaining about the outlay spent on 2 young promising players...

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
The only saving grace is we're still somewhat financially stable unlike clubs like Barca who are screwed both on and off the pitch.

But some of the decisions we've taken over the past few years have been very Barca-esque. We went from a stable well run club to a stagnating mess that's lost it's identity.
With the trend that has been going on since Paratici, how long will this stability continue?

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Overall, he has been a great chairman with an excellent business sense over these past few years. This is the first time in a long while that we're really facing a crisis, how he responds by the end of the season will really show what he's made of.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
While we are at it, can someone remind me why was Marotta fired?
I think it was Ronaldo, Agnelli pushed hard for CR7 and Beppe was against that. Which is understandable, that kind of money gets you SMS and Kante or Pogba and Keita or whatever WC mids that are available and that arguably makes you stronger if you already have Dybala-Higuain-Mandzukic upfront, but have a terrible midfield.

Last edited:

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Overall, he has been a great chairman with an excellent business sense over these past few years. This is the first time in a long while that we're really facing a crisis, how he responds by the end of the season will really show what he's made of.
No he has not, he made many mistakes and whats worse, he tries to cover his blame by framing others.
It is no obvious that most of our mistakes were his choices. Transfer directors and coaches come and go and yet the same faulty agenda stays.
This year's total failure did not arrive within a night, we had coming a long time. It was obvious before, but the state of Serie A could mask our steady de line for a while. Before Zlatty and Marota, we had no competition!
Andrea feels the burden of his name heavy on him, he loves this club and wants to see it on the top of Europe, but he doesnt love it enough not to drag it down with him...

He is incompetent! He has no real power, it is obvious both in Europe and in Italy, both in the media stance and sporting authorities. The same powers that nearly destroyed us with the falciopoli incident are still working against us. They control VAR, the refs, media reactions, Covid special measures, everything and he is unable to defend Juventus, he had his chances and lost them time and time again.
He can stay the owner for symbolic and heritage reasons, but he must step down as the acting president and trust this job to a Man that actually knows what he is doing!

Last edited:

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
I'd be shocked if we ever win a CL under him. We've seen with prime Gigi, prime BBC and a midfield of MVPP all he had to do was JUST get quality strikers but noooooooo

Now we got Cr7, one of the goats, been hurting for quality mid, what do you get? Rabiot, Arthur

I've accepted that I'll never see Juve win the CL, I'll just enjoy watching teams I dislike lose but will have no one to cheer for

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)