Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (19 Viewers)

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
I get the idea, I just dont think it is possible to do something like that without UEFA. Their involvement in such project is key as without UEFA being part of it the clubs will face countless obstacles of literally any kind - if an indipendent SuperLeague is created, not only those clubs will not be competing with the rest, UEFA would have no reason to allow players from the SuperLeague to represent their national teams in UEFA and FIFA competitions, like you said they would be literally fucked so it wont be a surprise if/when they strike back. The governing body would change their laws and rules however they like, what if they forbid clubs under UEFA to do any kind of deals with SuperLeague teams, meaning no transfers, no loans, no nothing? It goes without saying that the SuperLeague teams would have to use referees for their games that are not licensed under UEFA, as UEFA will not send them to officiate their games, AFC wont send asian referees too, CONCACAF wont send North American referees also, same goes for CONMEBOL and CAF, while that may not seem like a huuuge problem, it is still an important issue as games cannot be played without referees, and so on, and so on.

The main point is that even if the biggest clubs use that project to achieve a goal today, tomorrow they can all sit at the table, negotiate and decide for a solution that would benefit each and every one of them, bringing billions of cashflow in the meantime. I dont see how the two sides would go against each other when/if the time comes and effectively start a war, because when billions of dollars are at stake a war is unavoidable and during war there are no rules, and sadly the ones that will suffer the consequences the most wont be the filthy rich owners and the corrupted associations...
Yeah, you're absolutely right with everything you said. That's why I think Superleague is not going to happen, at least not anytime soon.
In 3-5 years we'll see many big changes that will eventually leave all teams satisfied. 3rd European competition has been confirmed and that's just a beginning. Rumours circulate about new CL format, matches on weekends and even some of them overseas. This what Agnelli recently had to say on the new format idea.
“We all want more international [European] games and less domestic, combined with an overall reduction of games because we don’t want to go over a certain number. And we said: ‘Let’s come up with a proposal.’'

Agnelli suggests the expansion should keep 32 clubs qualifying for the Champions League, but have four groups of eight teams in the opening stage instead of eight of four. That would mean each club plays at least 14 matches, eight more than the current six. Asked what this will mean for national leagues, Agnelli appears comfortable with them being further undermined.

Buy on AliExpress.com

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Yeah, you're absolutely right with everything you said. That's why I think Superleague is not going to happen, at least not anytime soon.
In 3-5 years we'll see many big changes that will eventually leave all teams satisfied. 3rd European competition has been confirmed and that's just a beginning. Rumours circulate about new CL format, matches on weekends and even some of them overseas. This what Agnelli recently had to say on the new format idea.
Agnelli is a genius. This is perfect compromise between Super League and status quo and a better solution than Super League.

Only EPL should be against this because it'll weaken them which is one of the primary goals of this.

This will help us narrow the financial gap with the richer clubs and EPL faster.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Agnelli: "In a few months, the CFO Marco Re has completed the loan operation, the CRO Giorgio Ricci has closed the renewal with Adidas and other operations while the Chief Football Officer, Fabio Paratici, has acquired Aaron Ramsey on a free transfer."

:clap:

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Maybe this guy should take a long look in the mirror. The way I see it, our current state is due to the management. Their decisions this past summer can be summed in one word: disastrous.

I mean, we spent an absolutely absurd amount of money, yet ended up with a team that is actually worse than the one we had before. That's quite impressive.

But hey, marketing! :tuttosport:

Goodfella

Nov 11, 2012
While the club has left some of the old Italian culture/system behind and modernized itself compared to other Serie A teams, there still needs to be a revamp in order to have any legitimate chance in the Champions League.

But knowing reality we will most likely see the same thing over and over. If Allegri leaves then we will probably see Prandelli or some other Italian dinosaur take his place.

The last Italian team to win IT was Inter. With a Portuguese coach and virtually no Italian players.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
While the club has left some of the old Italian culture/system behind and modernized itself compared to other Serie A teams, there still needs to be a revamp in order to have any legitimate chance in the Champions League.

But knowing reality we will most likely see the same thing over and over. If Allegri leaves then we will probably see Prandelli or some other Italian dinosaur take his place.

The last Italian team to win IT was Inter. With a Portuguese coach and virtually no Italian players.
That's just your uninformed opinion and has no basis in fact

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
RIP Marella

- - - Updated - - -

But if we're honest, Inter would have to be there.

Which raises the question: pick your 20 for the Super League.

Mine would be like:

1. Juventus
2. Milan
3. Inter
4. Roma
5. Real
6. Barca
7. Atletico
8. Valencia
9. MU
10. Liverpool
11. Arsenal
12. Bayern
13. Dortmund
14. Porto
15. Benfica
16. Ajax
17. PSV
18. PSG
19. Marseille
20. New team every season.
No Man City?

Last edited:

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
English teams would refuse unless you let City,United,Chelsea,Liverpool and Arsenal.
Roma? seriously?

Juventus
Milan
Inter
Real
Barca
Atletico
United
Liverpool
Chelsea
City
Arsenal
Bayern
Dortmund
Porto
Ajax
PSG
Lyon
+wild cards meaning some south american team or someone from the unlisted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)