Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (13 Viewers)

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Purely financially, a Super League makes sense for anyone but EPL clubs.

And once a Super League is create, EPL clubs will have no choice but to join it because it'll become more popular and generate more revenue than EPL.

It'll make it easier for us to bridge the financial gap.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and we can also then take Calciopoli to the civil courts.

"Juventus originally announced that they planned to appeal the punishment in the Italian civil courts, an action that would have brought further punishment to the clubs and the FIGC by FIFA, as FIFA has historically taken a dim view to government involvement in football administration. FIFA announced that it had the option to suspend the FIGC, thus barring all Italian clubs from international play, if Juventus went to court." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Italian_football_scandal

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
That's the magic in it, everyone has a chance to win and participate with the best. If you are a low level side in goddamn Montenegro, you can still dream of becoming a CL team battling it with the best because it is technically possible. Usually the richest tend to win, but we get magnificent examples from time to time like Porto and Ajax. With a super league it's just the rich and famous getting all the riches and fame, with no chance of other teams ever becoming anything other than those occasional "visiting stars", and even those will be the likes of Valencia or Napoli. If you are a Chievo or YB fan you might aswell kill yourself because the hope of ever seeing your team battling it out on the big stage is long gone. Those rich teams definitely don't want to look at your filthy peasant stadiums and ugly kits, disgusting!

Agnelli is looking at this purely with dollar signs in this eye, this has nothing to do with excitement or making the sport itself better. It's making the sport clearly worse and the excitement will fade off in a second. The magic of football has always been the chance of relegation and promotion, and if you take that away it takes a massive part of the excitement and essence of the game. Can't wait for the draft rounds and cheerleaders next.
Dont worry, Uefa will keep champions league Europa league teams. It will be fun. It’s not like anyone cared about small team especially UEFA, look at the money they throw for Champions League and Europa League. They give so little money to Europa League teams it makes teams go out of tournament on purpose.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Perhaps it's just me but I prefer eating quality over a buffet because buffets are trash.That's my analogy for the super league compared to the current setup.
Other analogy would be, that super league is a high quality restaurant with 15 top exquisite meals. So you go there every week and you can eat everytime one of those 15 meals. And the current setup is more like, you go out every week and you choose another restaurant, sometimes you're lucky and you end up in a high quality restaurant and the other week your choice is a flop and you have to eat some danish food for example.

What Elvin means is, that in first case you get bored by the top meals after 2 or 3 years, while in second case top meals remain a highlight, because they're more rare.

I personally prefer to go out, and choose another restaurant every week even though I end up with danish or latvian food somewhen, cuase it's exciting to eat unknown shit food sometimes.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Other analogy would be, that super league is a high quality restaurant with 15 top exquisite meals. So you go there every week and you can eat everytime one of those 15 meals. And the current setup is more like, you go out every week and you choose another restaurant, sometimes you're lucky and you end up in a high quality restaurant and the other week your choice is a flop and you have to eat some danish food for example.

What Elvin means is, that in first case you get bored by the top meals after 2 or 3 years, while in second case top meals remain a highlight, because they're more rare.

I personally prefer to go out, and choose another restaurant every week even though I end up with danish or latvian food somewhen, cuase it's exciting to eat unknown shit food sometimes.
I hate eating shit food

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
What fine dining restaurants do you eat at where the menu doesn't rotate?

I'd suggest you stop eating at poor people establishments
So will the teams rotate in Super League?

- - - Updated - - -

The so-called founders, who would include the seven clubs named above [AC Milan, Arsenal, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Juventus and Manchester United ] along with Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City and Paris St-Germain, would not face relegation and would be guaranteed membership for 20 years.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46078651

Meh, this will get boring somewhen.

I would miss games against hated Napoli, Fiorentina or de Turin derby.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)