Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (74 Viewers)

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Sarcasm?

- - - Updated - - -

I dont think that trophies will define Ronaldo being a success purchase. It will define him being a success at this club but I think the change in revenue will determine of the purchase was good or not. If our revenue grows drastically in the next 3 years and we can start buying at a top level and keeping our best players then its a success.
I agree with your point about getting CR7 and perception change about Juve that could last for years and also IMO improve serie's image/quality. Why than so much having the need to balance the books this season and getting rid of Higgy? Why also the need so bad to have Bonucci back if a CL title isn't a priority?

I only joined this forum before last season but from what I have observed, a CL title is a MUST HAVE trophy to finally fully satisfy the majority of posters here.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 19, 2007
Sarcasm?

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with your point about getting CR7 and perception change about Juve that could last for years and also IMO improve serie's image/quality. Why than so much having the need to balance the books this season and getting rid of Higgy? Why also the need so bad to have Bonucci back if a CL title isn't a priority?

I only joined this forum before last season but from what I have observed, a CL title is a MUST HAVE trophy to finally fully satisfy the majority of posters here.
The board has made it their known goal to bring a CL title to Juventus. Thats has been our goal for 5 years so its no surprise the fans get excited and want the same. Also we are Juventus so of course people want the highest prize in football. Why would we not?

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
The board has made it their known goal to bring a CL title to Juventus. Thats has been our goal for 5 years so its no surprise the fans get excited and want the same. Also we are Juventus so of course people want the highest prize in football. Why would we not?
So CR7's signing IMO could end up being classified into the success/failure category if no CL title obtained while he's on the pitch.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
When you sign the greatest player ever in Champions league history (still in his prime) and dont win a CL, then that definitely qualifies as failure.

I am confident we'll win a CL title while he's here though.

Apr 19, 2007
So CR7's signing IMO could end up being classified into the success/failure category if no CL title obtained while he's on the pitch.
It could be. But if it brings in a bunch of revenue which makes us a top 3 power for the next 5-10 years and gets us back to the elite level financially I still think its a success. Like I said earlier its a success as a player if he wins a CL but as a signing its not just about CL

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Well, the cat is out of the bag now.

People's (tuzzers) biggest complaint of AA and JE has been that the league and CI were always the main objectives and the CL was just a dream that getting to the QF/SF was the objective.

They both recognized this weekend that is no longer the case. Elkann said we have the "best player in the world in the best team in the world" so the CL is a priority and AA said the CL is the objective. Hopefully this satisfies everyone here except the few fringe outliers that still are still complaining about bonucci or that we didn't get another CM, etc etc.

The club has done well, let's face it collectively. Also, lets win the damn thing this year.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Agnelli: ‘Juventus will be number one’
By Football Italia staff
Agnelli-1709-microphone-epa_6.jpg
EPA.png

Juventus President Andrea Agnelli explains the signing of Cristiano Ronaldo was part of a strategy to become the “number one” biggest club in the world.
The Bianconeri completed the bombshell signing of the current Ballon d’Or over the summer, paying €100m to get him from Real Madrid.
With his salary the club is expected to invest around €340m total in the Portuguese, who scored his first two goals for Juve at the weekend.
The Financial Times carried out an investigation into the strategy behind the deal, and spoke to the President about signing CR7.
“It was the first time that the commercial side and the sporting side of Juventus came together in assessing the costs and benefits,” Agnelli explained.
“The opportunity of Ronaldo was thoroughly assessed  and it made sense, both on and off the pitch.
“We will plan, one after the other, the last remaining steps to become number one.
“We have to be in a position to be able to clinch the next Cristiano - but at the age of 25.”
Co-Chief Revenue Officer also explained that the arrival of Ronaldo is expected to bring in extra sponsorship, with the club also announcing they’re close to a record number of shirts sold.
See the latest Serie A predictio

- - - Updated - - -

“We have to be in a position to be able to clinch the next Cristiano - but at the age of 25.” :tup:

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
The signing of CR7 is beyond trophies. It’s a brand strengthening, revenue-driving tactic.

AA has a board at EXOR to report to with shareholders. That is where his responsibilities lie ultimately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Presidente is all about getting us up there with the best financially. props to him for finding ways to do so despite the disadvantegeus situation we find ourselves in

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
He supported Tebas on playing La Liga matches abroad in the US at the World football summit, said that we need to take the example of the NFL

Money money money. They are too corporate, at some points there needs to be some limits. Andrea has some good initiatives, but he also needs to take into account the soul of the game as well as fans

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
He supported Tebas on playing La Liga matches abroad in the US at the World football summit, said that we need to take the example of the NFL

Money money money. They are too corporate, at some points there needs to be some limits. Andrea has some good initiatives, but he also needs to take into account the soul of the game as well as fans
:agree: I love where he has taken us for the most part, but balance is always required.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Agnelli is smart, he knows our domestic/foreign fans ratio is amongst the lowest and doesn't risk much while advancing our club on global scale

Italians can't even fill the stadium against Napoli, fuck them. Bring Juve where it's appreciated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 68)