Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (38 Viewers)

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Any attempts by UEFA to stop the formation of a super ligue would border antitrust activity which I assume wouldn't fly in the EU

Euros please lend your thoughts

quick edit - both antitrust and anticompetitive practices by UEFA
Good point . This reeks of antitrust activity.
If they do that i expect the EU to intervene .

Also does that spell doom and gloom fail to realise that we were never close to bridging the revenue gap with Real who has almost twice said revenue . As always every year we start with -300 to -400 million less funds that the biggest earners.
The super league would at least make us come closer to those clubs.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
All the clubs in this proposed league are allegedly going to receive $350M. Personally, I think it’s a stupid idea, but can’t say I don’t enjoy watching UEFA shaking. They have no leverage, and they know it. Imagine CL, etc without Real, Barca, Liverpool, etc players lmao no chance.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Any attempts by UEFA to stop the formation of a super ligue would border antitrust activity which I assume wouldn't fly in the EU

Euros please lend your thoughts

quick edit - both antitrust and anticompetitive practices by UEFA
Would it?

UEFA cannot stop, or attempt to stop, the superleague directly, but they also don't have to change their rules to include players/clubs from their superleague. They are a basically an NGO in the end, and can set their own rules for their own competitions within the law.

Just as playing in the CL requires clubs to have achieved some result in their respective domestic competition, they could also require that national teams in UEFA competitions be composed from players that play in their domestic competitions for example.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)