Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (70 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
But that is about the meaning, Champions League should be a league that only consist of Champions not runner up, 3rd places or even 4th places

Pure only champions, so it become elitist and to achieve that you can enter if you are the champions of domestic league.

The only problem is, #20 country Champions is not as best as runner up for top 5 country. But we can see that as incentives for small country to thrive their league with more tv money coming from this league.

812753b4a7c7900d7b9ec26440da5d7c.jpg

Sent from my RMX1921 using Tapatalk
I agree that that would be the best way to do it, even though we are too far gone from a championship like that.

I thought you meant that was Agnelli’s plan.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Ok just to clarify: when I said "AA deserves this", I didn't mean because he's a shitty person or a bad executive; but he deserves it for his bad phrasing.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
How does a competition's format affect your feelings toward Juve tho?
Pretty simple. If I don't care about the league itself, then how am I going to care about Juve playing in it?
If you lose interest in the entire format, surely that's the end of it?

- and there's agnelli's strategy which is clear since day 1: make juventus rejoin the european elite not only on the pitch, but also financially. since serie a is dogshit from so many aspects (stadiums, willingness to change, ownership structure, racism, conspiracy theories everywhere, criminal ultras, that's already a too long list) and it's unlikely that the situation would change in the foreseeable future, so it only makes sense for him to use his eca office to push his ideas. personally, i find the idea of an elite european league repulsive, i'm already more detached from jj that i ever was since i started rooting for the club, i hate modern plastic football with a passion, but i get agnelli's reasoning to push for the superleague. he's got no other choice basically, at least not one i'm aware of.
Hmm, I don't think we really disagree all that much.

As I probably already mentioned: I too understand why he's doing it, but I personally detest the idea of it. But that's entirely personal, as you'll see in my reply to Elvin: if I'm going to have to choose between watching a Superleague (regardless even of Juve being in it) or not watching high level football at all, then good riddance & I'll just stick to my local club.

From what I gather, we're not the only ones getting more & more detached from the club though. It looks like a lot of the traditional & local fans are losing interest.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Pretty simple. If I don't care about the league itself, then how am I going to care about Juve playing in it?
If you lose interest in the entire format, surely that's the end of it?

Hmm, I don't think we really disagree all that much.

As I probably already mentioned: I too understand why he's doing it, but I personally detest the idea of it. But that's entirely personal, as you'll see in my reply to Elvin: if I'm going to have to choose between watching a Superleague (regardless even of Juve being in it) or not watching high level football at all, then good riddance & I'll just stick to my local club.

From what I gather, we're not the only ones getting more & more detached from the club though. It looks like a lot of the traditional & local fans are losing interest.
On the contrary, I see more buzz about Juve than anytime before.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Did you care about Serie b? I couldnt care less for it, but still followed Juve, it was pretty exciting actually. When I think about, I had more fun then, than watching our game this season. :p For me the league we compete in is irrelevant but to each his own.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Did you care about Serie b? I didnt carw less for it, but still followed Juve, it was pretty exciting actually. When I think about, I had more fun then, than watching our game this season. :p For me the league we compete in is irrelevant but to each his own.
I know right, it's about the name, colors, and the feeling of sticking it to the haters. And we will always have haters!

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I know right, it's about the name, colors, and the feeling of sticking it to the haters. And we will always have haters!
Just hearing the name Juventus brings chills down my spine. :) A lot has happened over the 25 years, school, college, marriage, kid, but those 2 hours over the weekend when there is a game on, I will always try to find time.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
On the contrary, I see more buzz about Juve than anytime before.
Definitely on social media, the CR7 hype is strong.

Did you care about Serie b? I couldnt care less for it, but still followed Juve, it was pretty exciting actually. When I think about, I had more fun then, than watching our game this season. :p For me the league we compete in is irrelevant but to each his own.
Yes, I did. Very much. I even attended 2 games that season.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Super League would be so fucking boring

Aside from never winning anything and knockout football being 10x more exciting, if every game is a big game then eventually the big game feel dies.

Fuck that.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Juventus would benefit the most from it. No ifs or buts about it.

If you love Juve more than football (sounds weird I know), you'd be for the idea.
I don’t see how it’s possible to love a football club more than the club itself. If Juve were to get disbanded right now, we’d still watch football.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
Why not super league ...this is the only way we can compete financially with the big guns ....the only way ....

another note: watching the big clubs frequently is not boring ....because these matches will never be predictable ....

watching Barca, for example, creating a circus to beat Getafe like 5 - 1 ...is boring to me ...

the only side effect ... other leagues will die subsequently ... if EPL teams join the superleague ...

this will hurt the EPL market pool a lot .... why TV broadcasters will pay for City vs Vila for example big chunk of money then ...

Last ...Superleague will never happen .....Real , Barca and Juve all in love with the idea ...it's Perez idea before AA ....

but EPL power teams ..they will not accept such ....unless they feel the current EPL market pool is not good enough anymore for them ....

till that date ..we can really discuss such an idea ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 65)