American NFL Football (36 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Why? You really think less people will drink coke?
Not at all. But I think the conversation about their brand got hijacked by the public. That's usually a bad thing for a corporation.

Not all publicity is good publicity. Especially when you're Coke and people already know what you are.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I find it funny that Colorado passed their marijuana law, Manning looked doped out of his mind at the SB, you've got the Broncos playing at "Mile High" stadium, the Denver bball team is called the Nuggets, etc.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Do you really want me to draw the connection there
Are you seriously telling me you're convinced they don't give a rat's ass about the US market because regardless of how much they screw up and the stiff Pepsi competition, they'd still have it all? Not to mention that the US is their biggest market and profit generator by far.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Yes, because there is no stiff competition from Pepsi on beverages I don't think you understand market saturation, and people boycotting coke would be like Arabs giving up computers because processor technology is Israeli, not gonna happen

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Yes, because there is no stiff competition from Pepsi on beverages I don't think you understand market saturation, and people boycotting coke would be like Arabs giving up computers because processor technology is Israeli, not gonna happen
I wasn't talking about Coke taking a hit from that ad, but rather in general about what said that they don't give a shit about the US market anymore. But never mind, this argument is going nowhere, but for the record a saturated market doesn't equate a monopoly where regardless of how shit you do you'd still have about the same market share.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
The Arab world did boycott Coke in the (late?) 80's and parts of the 90's though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)