American NFL Football (16 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
This is not good, they're giving him CPR on the field.

This is one hell of a dangerous sport.

- - - Updated - - -

Game still hasn't been officially cancelled. Guess too much money is on the line. Joke of a league and sport. Hope he’s ok.

Last edited:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
This is not good, they're giving him CPR on the field.

This is one hell of a dangerous sport.

- - - Updated - - -

Game still hasn't been officially cancelled. Guess too much money is on the line. Joke of a league and sport. Hope he’s ok.
We'll at least they cancelled the game. When Eriksen got a heart attack they continued the match.

Apr 12, 2004
I mean, we kind of are. We pretend to care about athletes' lives, but we don't at all.

When it happened, I knew EXACTLY what happened. They say this has never happened before, but I immediately recalled Foe, Eriksen, that guy in Brazil. In football that shit happens all the time, compared to.....other crazy injuries.

It's genuinely a swap of concussions and heart problems between the sports. That's all. If a player got CRUSHED on a corner, like the Saudi player who had his jaw jacked in the WC against Argentina, that's WILD to see in football. In the NFL, the guy might walk off the field, or he might be helped off, but he would walk off under his own power, I've seen that happen.

It all boils down to "normalcy" and "accepted risk."

Foe died. Players know footballers have enlarged hearts, it's a known health concern.

Concussions are common, we are used to them, it's not crazy to see it.

Football is a contact sport, contact injuries are normal. The NFL is a collision sport, collision injuries are normal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)