American College Football (4 Viewers)

Jul 10, 2006
Harbaugh showed us what to expect from Michigan

TCU underwhelmed and let us know that they won't be be partaking in the playoffs this year
Michigan's quarterback was garbage. But Utah is a good team so I wouldn't read too much into this game. Long road trip against a well coached team was always going to be difficult. Having a shit QB just insured the loss. Now, if they don't have anyone who can take that job from him by October then Michigan may be in store for some ugly losses to teams they would normally beat.

Is TCU really ranked #2?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Michigan's quarterback was garbage. But Utah is a good team so I wouldn't read too much into this game. Long road trip against a well coached team was always going to be difficult. Having a shit QB just insured the loss. Now, if they don't have anyone who can take that job from him by October then Michigan may be in store for some ugly losses to teams they would normally beat.

Is TCU really ranked #2?
Yep. While they aren't playing to their potential at the moment, I think they will be by the time conference play starts. Minnesota away is no easy out, they have a decent secondary and a solid o-line. Boykins is always a little inconsistent at the start of the season, but he gets better the more he plays. I think if they can avoid early upsets, they´ll be in the hunt come playoff time. That is unless my Mounties run the table.

- - - Updated - - -

And Michigan. They're going to suck this season. I think they will be good next year or the year after. But this is not their year.

Jul 10, 2006
Michigan will get better as Harbaugh gets his own guys in there and the players from the previous regime leave. At least i hope so because someone needs to counter tOSU in the shit conference. If Michigan State can stay strong and Michigan and Wisconsin can come on then OSU may not have a cake walk to the playoff every season.

They seemed destined to be their thjs year with their weak schedule. They should easily be 10-0 going into their final two games against MSU and UM.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Minnesota is a tough place to play so I think it's a solid win. Especially since it's so early in the season.

Baylor just ran SMU but it was definitely expected being that the school seems to have a particular affinity towards coaches who like to ruin the lives of student athletes.

Briles and Bliss are Baylor coaches through and through

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Michigan destroying Northwestern. Shocking to see #13 getting smashed 31-0. Perhaps Harbaugh really has set UM on the right path.

By the way. Anyone see the injury to Nick Chubb. Fucking awful.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Reports: Mark Richt Will Be Miami's Next Coach

According to numerous reports, former Georgia Bulldogs head coach Mark Richt will be the next coach of the Miami Hurricanes. The news was first reported by Canes Insight.

Richt spent 15 seasons at Florida State (and one at East Carolina), rising from a graduate assistant to offensive coordinator and Bobby Bowden’s right hand man. He left in 2001 to become Georgia’s head coach, and how well he did there depends upon what you think the expectations were. He won two SEC Championships, the last in 2005, and six SEC Eastern Division titles. His teams finished in the top 10 of the final AP poll six times.

But 10 years without an SEC title, and three years without winning the (much weaker) SEC Eastern division was deemed not good enough, and he was fired last weekend. The Bulldogs went 9-3 this season, and will be heading to a mid-tier bowl.

Coaching at Miami serves as a homecoming for Richt, who went to high school in Boca Raton and played quarterback (behind Jim Kelly) for Miami in the late 1970s. There is no reason he shouldn’t be successful. Miami hasn’t been particularly good since Larry Coker was the coach in the early 2000s, but South Florida remains one of the country’s high school football hot beds, and Miami still has some of the allure of one of college football’s great programs. There is also the benefit of playing in the ACC.

Source: http://deadspin.com/reports-mark-richt-will-be-miamis-next-coach-1745848444
Richt the bitch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)