Alessio Romagnoli - CB - AC Milan (1 Viewer)

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
We have our starting CB replacements. You can't expect us to replace a guy that hardly plays for another MDL WC player. We have our starting CBs for a couple years now so this guy with an swap with Bernie is a no brainer. 26 year old Italian CB that isn't horrible isn't a bad piece of business.
I only count DeLigt is certain starting CB replacement. Demiral is a question mark.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I agree.

But... it's just that I think we won't have MDL for too much long. And if that happens this move is going to turn into a huge disaster because you can be sure he'd take that spot.

Also, he'd earn at least 5mln here. He will play quite often too, he won't sit on the bench whole season, you can bet on that.
I don't see any reason why him getting frequent playing time is a bad thing. Healthy rotation of our CBs is a great thing...especially when Demiral had a knee go crack and MDL had that shoulder surgery. All season we needed CBs and we ended up rotating with Danilo, etc. A healthy Romagnoli to rotate with is a nice luxury to have. To be a CB short or an injury stricken Chiellini to say is NOT a luxury.

Bernie is so poor I don't see how this isn't a win win for us.

- - - Updated - - -

Even if we pay him a bit more.

- - - Updated - - -

I only count DeLigt is certain starting CB replacement. Demiral is a question mark.
Then let Bonucci, Romagnoli & Demiral fight it out for the other starting spot.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I don't see any reason why him getting frequent playing time is a bad thing. Healthy rotation of our CBs is a great thing...especially when Demiral had a knee go crack and MDL had that shoulder surgery. All season we needed CBs and we ended up rotating with Danilo, etc. A healthy Romagnoli to rotate with is a nice luxury to have. To be a CB short or an injury stricken Chiellini to say is NOT a luxury.

Bernie is so poor I don't see how this isn't a win win for us.

- - - Updated - - -

Even if we pay him a bit more.

- - - Updated - - -

Then let Bonucci, Romagnoli & Demiral fight it out for the other starting spot.
I suppose I don't rate Romagnoli as high as you do.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I suppose I don't rate Romagnoli as high as you do.
I don't rate him that high either, but I do rate Bernie that poorly and I recognize the need to replace Chiellini asap and it seems like Paratici found a quick solution for that.

lol u are fast as fuck in this thread today

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
If he comes then Bonucci should go, plain and simple. Hopefully some rich club still wants. Keep Demiral unless some mad offer comes, and don't give Romagnoli 6M. Same salary as Berna and we good

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
What if we're selling Bonucci and this is his replacement? :shocked:
That would be perfect indeed, i mentioned already that I would do it instantly in that case. But who would take Bonucci even? barca, Madrid, pool, Manu, city, Chelsea, PSG, arsenal and Bayern can afford him and his salary, and I don't think many are interested. Unless we take someone off them in a book boosting move a la Pjanic

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
I'm really not sure how much he would improve. Maybe if we had a prime Chiellini, then he would have been a good compliment I guess. Besides if Bonucci wasn't still here, then I would've been okay with this move but Bonucci is on a contract until 2024 and probably still has maybe two seasons in him as a starter.
This is why I feel it is better to bet on a young-ish CB like Demiral. I know you guys want to can him asap but I still have hope that he'll come good.
This move would be kinda similar to how we degraded our midfield, replacing physically imposing players with comparitively soft and unathletic midfielders.

- - - Updated - - -

He will be behind Bonucci and De Ligt in the pecking order. But I guess he'll still start a lot of games. We could also potentially see the nightmarish CB partnership of Bonucci-Romagnoli in some games, god forbid not in big games.
I don't want to sell Demiral and do think he will come good. That's why I even suggest Liverpool as a destination for him, I think he will be a good defender. Simply that at this moment he isn't very good, as much as the forum likes to hate on Bonucci he is still a lot better than Demiral, obviously also De Ligt, and also Chiellini and Romagnoli. So we would be upgrading with a defender that is 26, while also allowing us to sell Demiral who can fetch more money than our other "surplus" players.

We need to sell all the deadwood (De Sciglio, Costa, Rugani, etc.) which won't bring much cash but will free wages, and we need to sell some first team players surely to have some money in the market. So some players will have to be sacrificed and among those I think Demiral fits the venn diagram of expensive in the market yet not fundamental to the performances. Dybala (who I am a fan of) I think can also be sacrificed sadly, or Ronaldo.

Bernardeschi has little reason to at Juve by now, and swapping him for a player that would upgrade us is good business.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)