Al Pacino or Robert De Niro? (1 Viewer)

Who's number 1??

• Al Pacino

• Robert De Niro

Results are only viewable after voting.

fgh5

Feb 22, 2007
I didn't see what you wrote but I agree with you about the Russian mafia.
Maybe it is because BOTH of you dont understand what are you talking about. I can open a secret for you: THERE IS NO RUSSIAN MAFIA, and it never was. It is a myth which fuckin americans produce. Of course there was a big criminal community of russian criminal in USA but they never called themselves "MAFIA". And they werent stupid btw...

Apr 12, 2004
Maybe it is because BOTH of you dont understand what are you talking about. I can open a secret for you: THERE IS NO RUSSIAN MAFIA, and it never was. It is a myth which fuckin americans produce. Of course there was a big criminal community of russian criminal in USA but they never called themselves "MAFIA". And they werent stupid btw...
Ummm....that's just dumb.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
My father looks like Robert DeNiro BTW :D

but I still love Pacino more.

Both are legendary, no doubt about that.

PS Menace is a "Johnny Depp whore" :D

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
de niro is a FAR better actor, pacino used to be good, but now just overacts so much I can barely stand to watch his films. always the same bloody scene with him. De Niro gets annoying, but at least he's more varied!

btw, anyone here seen Cape Fear?! incredible movie, creepy as anything I've ever seen.

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
PS anyone that puts Scarface on the same level as Goodfellas or the Godfather is an idiot. Pacino is decent in the film, and it DOES have strong points, but overall it's quite mediocre. sure it's portrayal might be accurate or blah blah blah, but the film has more weak points than strong points. The assassin at the end, with the sunglasses and the shotgun? dumbest thing I've ever seen!

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
PS anyone that puts Scarface on the same level as Goodfellas or the Godfather is an idiot. Pacino is decent in the film, and it DOES have strong points, but overall it's quite mediocre. sure it's portrayal might be accurate or blah blah blah, but the film has more weak points than strong points. The assassin at the end, with the sunglasses and the shotgun? dumbest thing I've ever seen!
My centiments exactly.

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
I love that film! what exactly are you asking though? the english title is "once upon a time in america", in Italian I think "C'era una volta in America"

@Gill_Juve glad we're agreed, and that there are some intelligent people around here :D

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
**Sigh**ok, here goes, for me al pacino is a fantastic actor. well, at least he WAS a fantastic actor. in the er=arly days he did some phenominal movies-the godfather,dog day afternoon,serpico to name just a few. however i feel his last TRULY great role was in donnie brasco. everything else since then has been sone in pantomime fashion. devils advocate?please he hammed up the screen so badly i very nearly shouted "he's behind you" at the screen. don't get me wrong his speech in any given sunday was rousing,spine-tingling and passionate, shame the rest of the film is mince!

sure de niro has been enjoying himself in comedies lately but his turn in the score (average script, great performances all round)typifies just how cool de niro is, he says more with just a look of the eye than pacino manages with an over-the-top-speech any day of the week.

you cannot compare scraface and the godfather to meet the fockers jackass, compare them with raging bull or taxi driver, oh and justa wee question-how many oscars did pacino get for the godfather?exactly, de niro did more in half a film to earn that oscar than pacino did in 3 films

nah pacino made a film with colin farrell:pumpkin:

again, watch raging bull, taxi driver,cape fear or if we are talking about performances tehn watch the deer hunter, long and slow but what a performance

:agree: well said man

elvin mate that was by far one of pacino's worst performances, he was so over the top that....well.....as i said above, i thought it was panto season

anyway i will add a poll, great thread

couldn't agree more!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)