about The Sasser Worm.. (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Sasser worm suspect arrested
From correspondents in Hanover, Germany
May 8, 2004

A COMPUTER programmer suspected of creating the internet Sasser worm that infected millions of computers worldwide last week has been arrested in Rotenburg, northern Germany, a police spokesman said today.

The programmer, an 18-year-old male from the northern state of Lower Saxony, was detained yesterday, the spokesman said. No further details were provided.

The Sasser worm struck on May 1, and in less than a week may have affected as many as 18 million computers worldwide, forcing some businesses to shut temporarily in order to debug their systems and update anti-virus protection.

The worm attacks through a flaw in recent versions of Microsoft's Windows operating systems - Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP - and forces the computer to shut down, then reboots, then repeats the process several times. It apparently does no lasting harm.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003

i dont think i got the sasser thing. but i've got some other shity virus i guess.

couple a days ago i lost all my pics, word documents, and mP3's (except the ones with "wma" format:confused:). all the files are there but they're like 0Kb.

so what the hell could this thing be?

Reza

Jul 13, 2002
what was that damn sasser ,

i lost my files a week ago .
everything happend little by little ,
that rainy day ,i saw a blaster like message and there was a lsass.exe .
so like dummies i rename the file to see what happens ,next time i restart and there was black world ,then i deactivate osselector and for sure my partion tables are removed then i put my 2000 advanced server and try to fix mbr and replace all my mbrs with a raw mbr .
at the end i had a 9 mb hard disk in hand .. it was 40 g and full of mp3 juve photos ,u'r photos ,my photos pdf chm movie ....

i advise u to get the pathes as soon as possible.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
Sasser worm suspect arrested
From correspondents in Hanover, Germany
May 8, 2004

A COMPUTER programmer suspected of creating the internet Sasser worm that infected millions of computers worldwide last week has been arrested in Rotenburg, northern Germany, a police spokesman said today.

The programmer, an 18-year-old male from the northern state of Lower Saxony, was detained yesterday, the spokesman said. No further details were provided.

The Sasser worm struck on May 1, and in less than a week may have affected as many as 18 million computers worldwide, forcing some businesses to shut temporarily in order to debug their systems and update anti-virus protection.

The worm attacks through a flaw in recent versions of Microsoft's Windows operating systems - Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP - and forces the computer to shut down, then reboots, then repeats the process several times. It apparently does no lasting harm.

i read on the paper that they suspect the guy did not do it alone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)