A Protest Letter to football365.com (2 Viewers)

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Just to touch on this man sheer lack of knowledge.

If he has bother to see Adriano's matches last season - the Brazilian couldnt find the net not because of his mental nor his lack of hunger (which could have affected his performance, I don't deny it but it isnt the main reason) but he just didnt move enough into the box.
There is only certain amount of goals you can score by bombing those 40 yard bomers outside the box. What he needs to do IMO, as much as changing his attitude problem (the matter I do not know cause I dont know him), is to try to get those simple goals, but putting himself in a better position to score which he is more than capable of doing because of his massive frame. Hold the ball inside the box and shoot! It won't look pretty and certainly not a joga bonita material but it is more effective.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
ye, i mean the english fans know nothing about italian football, they are all still hyping adriano, when we as italian fans know how overrated he is, and wot a true piece of trash he has become, even some inter fans i know have said how pleased they will be to see him leave.

you know wot used to bother me alot? when u asked an english fan who wud u rate as the best full back in the world, the majority said roberto carlos or ashley cole, wen asked on zambrotta, its sickening wen they reply as "who?"

white_rabbit

Apr 9, 2006
guys .... calm down

football365 are known for their agressive writting.
they are also known to be anti-chelsea too fotr example they call it chelski ( as a russian name for the team )

plus its well known that the english press are against the italian football. they are just taking advantage from the situation while their league is converted to a non english league ( egyptian, russian, two americans and the rest is yet to come )

dont judge the english football fans, all football fans want is the same ( their teams to win and to watch a good performance )

i just checked and the article was removed !!!

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #29
    white_rabbit said:
    guys .... calm down

football365 are known for their agressive writting.
    they are also known to be anti-chelsea too fotr example they call it chelski ( as a russian name for the team )

plus its well known that the english press are against the italian football. they are just taking advantage from the situation while their league is converted to a non english league ( egyptian, russian, two americans and the rest is yet to come )

dont judge the english football fans, all football fans want is the same ( their teams to win and to watch a good performance )

i just checked and the article was removed !!!
    No, it was not removed...

I'll send this letter on my own...

Jul 15, 2006
    ReBeL said:
    Here is a draft, guys....

Let's adjust it and send it together...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear sir,

We, Juventus fans in Juventuz.com forums, were among those who have read the latest article in your website titled "Ten Things We'll Like To See In Italian Football This Season", and we would like to reply on some issues in that article as it was said in the website that we can send you our feedback.

First, we're fans for the best club in Italian football history, and we were really shocked with what was written about our favorite team as being described as the "Match-fixing cheats".

If you think that Juventus history is all about some claimed scandals, then we think you should make a full overhaul for your background about the Italian football.

Ignoring 27 Scudetto titles, 9 Italian cups, 4 Italian Supercups, 2 Champions Leagues, 3 UEFA Cups, 2 European Supercups and 2 Intercontinental Cups, is not an easy thing to be done by a columnist if he thinks abit about his website's cridibility.

Actually, it's not the first time we were disgusted by some of the articles posted by the so called "Sheridan Bird" in your website, but we decided to move this time and say a word after the attack on the club of 150 million fans reached to describing it with rediculous generalizations.

Anyway, we just want to thank you for reading this reply as we're sure you're always keen to be better in analysing the sporting events in a more wider lens of objectivity.

It will be very nice to read from you soon...

Thanks very much...

Juventus Fans
    Bravo send it... to those retards

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    Badass Devil said:
    ye, i mean the english fans know nothing about italian football, they are all still hyping adriano, when we as italian fans know how overrated he is, and wot a true piece of trash he has become, even some inter fans i know have said how pleased they will be to see him leave.

you know wot used to bother me alot? when u asked an english fan who wud u rate as the best full back in the world, the majority said roberto carlos or ashley cole, wen asked on zambrotta, its sickening wen they reply as "who?"
    :rofl: :rofl: .

It seems to me from the media that English fans appreciate different type of player than Italia or Spain.
    I got an impression that English tend to like all action players who always get themselves involved in the play by tackling, build up, or shooting whereas the Latino people tend to prefer technically more gifted players with smart tactical awareness.

I know that different countries likes to play with different culture, but I truley belive at an international stage you can't win the match unless you can dictate the possession from the opposition. The reason why England can't win these tournament IMO is not because they can't score from those silly kicks 5 yards out but as a team they just cant keep the possession and do something with the ball. There is a clear lack of culture of sharing the ball and making clever give and goes, striker off the ball movement etc.

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
    Badass Devil said:

exactly in school they are always like italy are shit. well who won the world cup, who has only won it once on their own soil. they are pathetic, every world cup they get their hopes up and they do shit and always try to blame someone. ignorant tit heads

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    on this other forum, there r several english fans who cant wait for adriano to join man utd :lol: i asked y, hes sh*t, and im getting lynched lol, i showed them stats of his scoring rate of the past couple of seasons scoring 13 goals last season in 30 games and 16 the season before, and the english rate him i quote "a world class proven goal scorer"

as for the wc, i went to school in an italy shirt and the ammount of stick i had for it, i had 1 gooner shouting cheat, i replied, well what about u overconfident overrated and overpaid c*nts, he was like rooney is gona lead us - like he was jesus or sumthing, i said, ha but uve been an embaressment so far, he replied at least we dont cheat, i replied at least i love my country that im supporting, sumthing that is for life, not 90 minutes, eventually he kept repeating himself, i just gave him 1.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #35
    Someone has reacted greatly to that article today...

Here is the reaction:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Defence Of Juventus...

Being a regular follower of Italian football, I have always perceived a hefty anti-Juventus bias in Sheridan Bird's regular 'Gazzetta' features, so it came as no surprise to see point number 10 of his 'Ten Things We'll Like To See In Italian Football This Season'. Perhaps these blinkers have kept him from seeing and/or reporting on the following facts:

- the referees accused of fixing Juventus matches were all absolved of any wrongdoing. The only referee banned (De Sanctis) was done so for a match that neither involved nor affected Juventus.

- There was no proof that Juventus fixed a single match, and the court of appeals president admitted as such publicly. The court nevertheless relegated Juventus to Serie B for 'fixing the whole 2004-05 season'. They have yet to explain how it is possible to fix a whole season without fixing a single match.

- Juve were revoked their 2005-06 title even if there never was even any suspicion of wrongdoing in that season. The interim president of the Italian federation Guido Rossi, who used to be a member of Inter Milan's board, assigned this title to...Inter Milan!!

The press and pundits who had built up the whole case were the same people who looked the other way when Inter were playing a player with a false Italian passport to bypass the limit on the number of foreign players (Alvaro Recoba), and when Roma's president sent Rolexes to all the referees for Christmas a few years back. Neither Inter nor Roma were ever penalised for these incidents.

They are the same people who are still looking the other way now that AC Milan are still in both Serie A and the Champions League after their club official was intercepted in a phone call to a linesman directly asking him to favour AC Milan. None of the Juventus officials' phone calls intercepted (on which the case against them was built) was even made to a referee or linesman.

Juventus being relegated to Serie B had been decreed and known even before the sham trial began - the judges were reappointed by the aforementioned Mr Rossi just before the trial, and to make sure that the accusations stuck, clubs were not allowed to either call witnesses OR bring any evidence for defence (with the excuse that there wasn't enough time - fair trial isn't it?). After three months of media frenzy fed by people of Sheridan Bird's ilk in the press, public opinion in bars up and down the country would never have accepted a judgement favourable to Juventus, so Juventus were sent down regardless of the evidence available.

So maybe Mr Bird should change his point 10 to 'Non-match-fixing cheats Juventus Football Club playing in Serie B for being accused of being match-fixing cheats, as a punishment for being too successful and not allowing AC Milan or Inter Milan to win anything.'

I know this is Italian football not the Premiership, so this has about as much chance of getting published as a pro-Chelsea letter on an Italian website, but just trying to educate a few people while venting some anger.

James (Juventus in case nobody noticed) Micallef, Amsterdam :tup:

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8744_1415066,00.html

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #37
    Try the link in the first post again...

I just tried it, and it's working...

gusmano

Mar 15, 2004
    It's not because we 're juve fans we have to respond to every critical note in the media. This guy may be anti-juve but what he wrote isn't completely incorrect. So live with it. Our old management did something illegal and for that we 've been punished. (please don't start by saying: "we're only accused of doing that ..." cause it's rubbish and you know it)
    We better focus on serie B and hope we'll be back in A a.s.a.p.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #40
    gusmano said:
    It's not because we 're juve fans we have to respond to every critical note in the media. This guy may be anti-juve but what he wrote isn't completely incorrect. So live with it. Our old management did something illegal and for that we 've been punished. (please don't start by saying: "we're only accused of doing that ..." cause it's rubbish and you know it)
    We better focus on serie B and hope we'll be back in A a.s.a.p.
    Well, if his words are not incorrect, why do you keep cheering for a cheater club???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)