342nd board meeting LIVE! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Juve Board confirms Ranieri
Tuesday 12 May, 2009
The Juventus Board of Directors meeting concluded after 10 hours with Claudio Ranieri’s confirmation “until the end of the season, then we’ll see.”

Today’s get-together was to plan the club’s future and many expected the main topic of discussion to be Ranieri’s replacement.

“It was the normal length for these meetings,” said member of the Board Gian Paolo Montali. “There was a great deal to discuss, we are people who work hard and put in the passion.

“Ranieri has our total confidence. At this moment he will remain our Coach until the end of the season, then we’ll see.

“We have to end the campaign by playing the same way we did against Milan.”

It was hardly a glowing show of faith, as Juve are out of the running for all trophies and so it would be a radical move to change management now.

The only risk they run is losing third place to Fiorentina, which would mean entering the Champions League through the preliminary round.

Before the 10-hour meeting a group of fans gathered outside the club headquarters with banners urging the directors to “show us the money.”

It was reportedly set to conclude at 1.30pm UK time, but the directors finally left the building at 19.00.

Another of the issues discussed was the imminent transfer of Werder Bremen striker Diego.

Confusion surrounds the situation now, as Diego’s agent announced a contract “has been signed with Juventus,” whereas German newspaper Bild insists he will join Bayern Munich.

When asked about Diego, Board member Montali would only say “no comment.”

The Board released a statement confirming it had approved the figures for the third quarter of 2008-09, which went from January to March.

“Thanks to an increase in revenues amounting to €62.8 million (in comparison to the €54.4 million of last year), the third quarter closed with an increase of €7.1 million due mainly to the team’s return to playing in the Champions League.

”The cumulative net result as at 31 March 2009 is positive (€21.7 million as opposed to the negative balance of €0.5 million of 12 months ago).

“The fourth quarter of the financial year will be characterised by lower revenues due to a lower number of games to be played and the absence of any extraordinary events, the financial year is expected to close with a break-even result"

channel4.com

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
They have convinced themselves that the performance against milan was the best in the clubs history, it's almost as if they think we won the champions league. Milan were there for the taking during that game, if we played as well as these fools think then we would have beaten them comfortably

Apr 17, 2009
If I recall correctly, we slammed Milan 4-2 the first time we played them this season. Now were begging and holding on for draws against the same team which was down one man in the second game.

WHAT THE FUCK?!

This Ranieri(LOSER) Mentality is slowly working its way through everyone. I'd hate to see our position if we didn't have any of the old guard kicking shit when we settle for achievements and goals that are way beneath this club. This dumbass, fuck face of a manager thinks were doing so well when we still haven't won a game in a month and a half.

What a fucking loser. I hope he hasn't reproduced.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
If I recall correctly, we slammed Milan 4-2 the first time we played them this season. Now were begging and holding on for draws against the same team which was down one man in the second game.

WHAT THE FUCK?!

This Ranieri(LOSER) Mentality is slowly working its way through everyone. I'd hate to see our position if we didn't have any of the old guard kicking shit when we settle for achievements and goals that are way beneath this club. This dumbass, fuck face of a manager thinks were doing so well when we still haven't won a game in a month and a half.

What a fucking loser. I hope he hasn't reproduced.
:yawn:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
They are emphasizing the Milan game due to PR mainly, but what we had, we did will enough in that game, not bad at all, until the last 10-15 minutes which was just sad (typical lack of subs, dead tired players, no will to go for it etc). But overally it was a good game, and saying its a sign of improvement over our previous crap games is as expected. Buffon also highlighted this game as improvement, will you insult/mock him too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)