“Qualification is everything” (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baggy20M

Aug 15, 2006
“There is always a risk with any game. Martina have nothing to lose whereas for us, qualification is everything. We need to be responsible and play with the right attitude, take the right psychological approach. They will be going out there to win, so should we”. Didier Deschamps is taking no chances with tomorrow’s Tim Cup tie in Bari; victory in Italy’s knock-out competition would ensure qualification for Europe next season: “Obviously I’m well aware that the cup is a potential route to Europe, but our priority this year is the championship. That said, we are very much focused on winning”. And the line-up? “With the exception of Buffon the World Cup finalists will not be called for tomorrow; naturally it takes less time for a goalkeeper to get back to fitness than it does for an outfield player. Nevertheless, with the fixture list we have over the coming weeks, everyone will be ready for the start of the championship”.
Deschamps can rely on the support of the Agnelli family: “They have been close to me from the start, and it was wonderful to see them at Villar Perosa on Wednesday, it sent out the important message to the fans and the team that they are right behind us”. Deschamps is also looking to strengthen the squad before the start of the season: “We are looking for at least one central defender to sure things up at the back. I don’t just want an ‘extra’ player, I want someone who really adds something to the team, someone who gives us guarantees in defence. That could be an Italian or otherwise" Among those players is David Trezeguet: “He is staying, 100%”.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)