Juventus seek first option on River Plate stars (1 Viewer)

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Juventus chief Roberto Bettega held talks with River Plate officials on Sunday.

The summit was centred on the future of striker Marcelo Salas, who is currently on-loan at the Argentine giants.

River want to keep the Chilean and are discussing a new fee for his stay.

Juve are prepared to allow Salas to spend next season on-loan at River for free, instead wanting first option on River's young duo Javier Mascherano and Maxi Lopez.

Those who play Championship Manager or Football Manager please confirm. How good are these young men?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
I don't have those games, but I can tell you that those two a great players, I like Macherano the most, exelent player, alredy playing in the national team, and Real Madrid want him very much...

OP
Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3
    ++ [ originally posted by Espectro ] ++
    I don't have those games, but I can tell you that those two a great players, I like Macherano the most, exelent player, alredy playing in the national team, and Real Madrid want him very much...
    Which means that having first option on the players would be excellent?

Espectro

The Grimreaper
    Jul 12, 2002
    Depends, Macherano its a great player, but he is a defensive midfielder, an area that we alredy have cover... and Maxi Lopez, well he is good, but I don't know if he could give the big jump...
    If you ask me, having a first option on Macherano its a good thing, the question would be, could we use him?

OP
    Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #5
    I sure hoe we can. Emerson needs support, and I am still not 100% convinced about either Blasi or Appiah.
    As for Maxi, I've seen clips of his games. The kid is good.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
    Oct 27, 2004
    the name Mascherano rings a bell. And Riverplate is a great team with great players, so having first options would be good IMO ;)

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
    Isn't Mascherano a DM? Do we really need one more of those?
    I heard Lopez is really good though, but I would rather have Mutu for free if possible.

And according to CM both of em have walked this earth for 20 years.

Geof

May 14, 2004
    Mascherano is great, I think Maxi Lopez is only a second choice forward.

about Mutu for free: until when is he suspended?

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
    I dont think we need another DM right now, we should seek for one who can replace Nedved

Maxi Lopez sounds tempting, he should be a good back-up

Alex

May 1, 2004
    both are good players with a lot of promise...
    masherano should only come if one or two of these players leave:
    tachi, blasi, appiah
    i believe masherano is better than all 3 as a DM and he can also hold the ball and pass well.
    can't say much about lopez-haven't seen much at all

erado

Nov 2, 2004
    Agreed with Alex, seen abit of Mascherano in Olympic04, he is pretty good and is consider a upgrade over tacchi, blasi and appiah... well, there isnt a big need in the DM department unless Tacchi left for Barca..

No offense, but why did Moggi always get us Uruguayans? Give us some samba football and Argentina talents..

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    Guys this team lacks some attacking verve. Our defensive outlook is beginning to get a little imbalanced, if these reports are true. Lets look out for the likes of Kaka and Ronaldinho if we're importing talent from South America.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    to me, tacchinardi is as good as gone and Appiah hasnt and most likely will not live up to what he did at bresica. Therefore, Macherano would be a great idea. Blasi and him give juve future in the DM for the next decade.

As for Lopez, dont know much about him...what position does he play?

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by chxta ] ++
    Juventus chief Roberto Bettega held talks with River Plate officials on Sunday.

The summit was centred on the future of striker Marcelo Salas, who is currently on-loan at the Argentine giants.

River want to keep the Chilean and are discussing a new fee for his stay.

Juve are prepared to allow Salas to spend next season on-loan at River for free, instead wanting first option on River's young duo Javier Mascherano and Maxi Lopez.

Those who play Championship Manager or Football Manager please confirm. How good are these young men?
    They can have salas for free:D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    The only defensive midfielder on our books superior to Mascherano is Emerson. He's a great young talent with a definite future in a top European club but we already have four DMs.

I haven't seen alot of Maxi Lopez but some time last season he was given a place in the first team because of an injury to Cavenaghi and he did not disappoint, I'm not sure we need him though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)