Calcio Oscars Announced (1 Viewer)

Almajhool

Sep 8, 2002
The famed "Oscar del Calcio" were announced today for the previous season and David Trezeguet stole the headlines as he won the awards for Best Foreign Player and Best Overall Player. Chievo Verona's Luigi Del Neri won the Best Trainer award. Here is the complete list of awards:

Best Referee: Pierluigi Collina
Best Young Player: Matteo Brighi
Best Goalkeeper: Gianluigi Buffon
Best Defender: Alessandro Nesta
Best Manager: Luigi Del Neri
Best Italian Player: Cristian Vieri
Best Foreign Player: David Trezeguet
Fan's Favourite: Roberto Baggio
Best Overall Player: David Trezeguet

==============================================

Soccerage.com

great !!!! Trez. deserves his awards ....

============================================
anycomment guys on the nomination ..

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Almajhool

Almajhool

Sep 8, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    by Majed : I would only replace Nesta with Canavaro
    ok dude .. i'll contact them to do it :D:D:D

Baggio ... deserves more than this prize ..

damn trap .. Baggio should of played in WC

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    Juve And Collina Leave Calcio Oscars In Protest!

10/08/2002. Yesterday's "Calcio Oscars" ceremony should have been a big success for Juventus, as their French striker David Trezeguet received the awards for Best Foreign Player and Best Overall Player.

However, the Bianconeri board didn't celebrate their player. General manager Luciano Moggi and all of the Juve players who were with him, excepting precisely Trezeguet, left the theatre before the end, as they were offended by a joke by comedian Maurizio Crozza. The same happened for star referee Pierluigi Collina, the man who directed the 2002 World Cup final between Brazil and Germany.

In the middle of the ceremony, Crozza shouted: "Is there anyone from Juve in the audience, excepting the referees?". Following this joke, Moggi, the players and Collina stood up and left the ceremony with a very angry look.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok....

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I like the list,most of the players deserve their awards,but I would disagree with with Best Italian Player award. Sure,Vieri had a stunning campaign,but I would have selected either Del Piero or Di Vaio,Doni would have been in with a shout too.

As for the Fan's Favourite,Baggio is without a doubt a worthy winner,DP must've come second!:D

The joke from Crozza was quite harsh. I wonder,is he an Inter supporter?

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    he should have made fun of someone who deserves it, like sensi!!
    i dont see it as funny at all....i listen to a lot of jokes, but that one is offensive. (does not fit in ceremony where players are awarded for their acheivments. His "joke" in a way is like saying "u dont deserve it")

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)