Italia vs Yugoslavia (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
It may be a bit early but it can't hurt to start the thread. Hopefully Italy can play better with Del Piero,Totti and Inzaghi (if they latter are 100%fit) on top form like they are now.

Likely lineup : Buffon - Panucci,Cannavaro,Nesta,Coco - Tommasi,Gattuso,Di Biagio - Totti - Inzaghi,Del Piero

Buy on AliExpress.com

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Italy will first play against Yugoslavia in the Stadio San Paolo in Italy on Saturday, before travelling to play in Cardiff against Wales (Wednesday) ..

Totti will miss both matches, and either Doni or Pirlo will take his place as Trequartista ..

Del Piero-Pippo are likely to play upfront ..

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    Totti is now officially unavailable so either Pirlo or Doni will play behind Pippo and DP,as DPF earlier said. I think that either Brighi or Fiore should be called up..and I also wonder when Cassano will get his chance in the senior team. Last but not least,what about MACCARONE!? Trap is a mad man,if he starts Tommasi,Gattuso and Di Biagio in midfield on Saturday,along with Panucci in defence,then that will confirm his retardedness.

hoshi

Sep 2, 2002
    pippo and ale together again *sighs happily*
    so long as we actually can get the ball to them things will be great *coughmidfieldcough*

Numero10

Aug 5, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by hoshi ] ++
    pippo and ale together again *sighs happily*
    so long as we actually can get the ball to them things will be great *coughmidfieldcough*
    Pirlo shouldn't have a problem getting the ball to them(provided he plays), as long as he gets the ball.

modan

Jul 13, 2002
    nah...trap is too defensive minded...gattuso, di biagio, tommassi, they are all def mids, only pirlo tries to go upfront...i mean, why can't he just put players like fiore and some other more offensive players, and i still object to him putting anyone else in the 'hole' but baggio...baggio deserves to play and even tho he's already over 30, his touches are still magical...

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #13
    ++ [ originally posted by modan ] ++
    nah...trap is too defensive minded...gattuso, di biagio, tommassi, they are all def mids, only pirlo tries to go upfront...i mean, why can't he just put players like fiore and some other more offensive players, and i still object to him putting anyone else in the 'hole' but baggio...baggio deserves to play and even tho he's already over 30, his touches are still magical...
    What makes you say that Baggio deserves to play? He's getting too old and only scores penos now. I think that we should utilize our young talent like Bonera,Moretti,Brighi,Ambrosini,Pirlo,Cassano and Maccarone instead of bringing players like Panucci,Di Biagio and Baggio back into the squad. The only way Italian football will get better in the future is if they play a more attacking and aggressive style of play like is played at Milan and concentrate on developing their young players.

Buffon - Bonera,Cannavaro,Nesta,Moretti - Gattuso,Pirlo,Brighi - Totti - Inzaghi,Del Piero

If you prefer to play more experienced players then you can draft in Panucci,Coco and Tommasi,but I don't know what good they will do.

Oh and btw guys,Italy have organised a friendly against Turkey. It is scheduled to play on November 30th but the location hasn't yet been selected,although Palermo is the big favourite.

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
    The Azzurri trained this morning at Coverciano but were without Filippo Inzaghi and Luigi Di Biagio.

Inzaghi joined the party just yesterday evening and although he missed this morning's session, he is expected to figure against Yugoslavia.

Di Biagio also has a slight knock but should be fit for selection.

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
    Francesco Coco has dropped out of the Italy squad and been replaced with Chievo defender Salvatore Lanna.

The Inter left-back limped off 33 minutes into today’s friendly test with the Under-19 team. He has been diagnosed with a minor thigh strain in addition to a recurring back problem and prescribed seven days of complete rest.

This rules him out of both Saturday’s Euro 2004 qualifier with Yugoslavia and the trip to Wales next Wednesday, so he has returned home.

Giovanni Trapattoni has called up Chievo's 26-year-old Lanna as back-up for the defence. It is his first international call.

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
    The Azzurri senior team have beaten the Under-19 international squad 4-1 in today’s test at the Coverciano training ground.

Six first team players were rested and the goals were scored by Alessandro Del Piero (penalty), Massimo Ambrosini, Cristiano Doni and Vincenzo Montella. The Roma man also missed a spot-kick in the second half.

Andrea Pirlo was fielded behind the front two, the position he held for many years with the successful Under-21 line-up, as a replacement for Totti.

After the break Atalanta’s Cristiano Doni took the Trequartista role, but the Milan midfielder remains the favourite to start against Yugoslavia.

Scorers : Ambrosini 15, Del Piero pen 28, Doni 70, Montella 74, Lodi 78 (U-19)

ITALY First half : Abbiati; Ferrari, Adani, Panucci; Oddo, Ambrosini, Di Biagio, Coco; Pirlo; Montella, Del Piero,

ITALY Second half : Abbiati; Adani, Ferrari, Cannavaro; Tommasi, Ambrosini, Gattuso, Zauri; Doni; Montella, Marazzina.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    I have the feeling that once again we will be outplayed, but come away with a 1-0 victory.

Doesnt every "average" team play us well ?????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)