Hubner, Maccarone, and possibly Baggio ???!!? (2 Viewers)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
If anyone has seen the football Italia website in the past day, it says that since Pippo, Vieri, and most likely Di Vaio are injured, that Trap may call Hubner, Maccarone, and yes, even Baggio into service.

I would love to see Roby out there again, even though I doubt that Trap will let that happen.

Hubner would be interesting to watch. Could he keep scoring on the International scene for our Azzurri ???

What do you guys think ???

Buy on AliExpress.com

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
What is the point of playing Baggio? I don't think he has much of a chance at Euro '04 or WC '06, so why not give someone else a shot and some expierence?

JuventusFan

Jul 12, 2002
I agree with you, Big Izz. Trap should use these matches to decide his Euro 2006 squad. Baggio and Hubner need a miracle to reach the squad. So this match should be used to test the new young player, like Maccarone for example.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
If I was a coach this is the squad I would call up :
Goalkeepers : Buffon,Toldo
Defenders : Oddo,Cannavaro,Nesta,Bonera,Iuliano,Coco,Zauri,Panucci
Midfielders : Gattuso,Brighi,Tommasi,Pirlo,Ambrosini,Di Biagio,Doni
Forwards : Totti,Del Piero,Montella,Maccarone,Marazzina

I would love to see Hubner or Baggio in the squadra,but I'm afraid that they're getting a bit too old.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
thats pretty good squad there :Thumb:

I don't claim to be an expert, I don't get to watch Italian football or anything so this squad is probably not perfect as regards current form, some of these might even be injured, but here goes

Buffon, Toldo, Abbiati

Nesta, Cannavaro, Iuliano, Bonera, Zauri, Coco, LB, RB

Doni, Di Biagio, Brighi, Tommasi,

Totti, DelPiero, Montella, Maccarone,

uggh this is so hard :stress: I give up

mate

Aug 28, 2002
This 2 matches are too important to try "new players" like Mac who never even experienced seie A. Totti will probably be out also. Baggio must be in!!! He is the best player of Italian soccer history why to do without him... he is 35 but still so good, if he won't arrive on shape till 2004 who cares? It will be such a great happyness to see him with "azzurri Jersey" again!

That's my team:
.....................................Buffon.........................................

.........................Nesta, Cannavaro, xxx.................................

Panucci....................................................................Coco

.....................Tommasi...........Pirlo............Gattuso..................

...........................................Baggio..........................................

.......................Del Piero........................Montella.........................

xxx: may be Materazzi who's not doing so bad but looks like he's out, so can be Juliano or... I don't know.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
mate you have 12 players :D
Ahahahaha you right! Maybe it will prevent us if the referre will play 4 the others... so is 12 vs 12!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

mate

Aug 28, 2002
................................Buffon.........................................

..........................Nesta, Cannavaro,.....................

Panucci...................................................................Coco

....................................Pirlo..........................................

................Tommasi.......................Gattuso..................

.....................................Baggio..........................................

...................Del Piero........................Montella.........................

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Damn it! According to Football Italia's website Totti won't be available for the Euro 2004 qualifiers either! No Totti,No Vieri,No Inzaghi!? With these players unavailable Del Piero will have to put in a heck of a performance. With Totti unavailable either Baggio or Hubner should be called up,but don't expect any of them to get the start. Doni/Pirlo will most likely play behind "The Little Airplane" and DP.

Buffon - Oddo,Cannavaro,Nesta,Coco - Brighi,Pirlo,Ambrosini - Doni - Montella,Del Piero

Toldo - Bonera,Iuliano,Materazzi,Zauri - Gattuso,Di Biagio,Tommasi - Baggio - Hubner,Marazzina

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Hot News :
I just heard that Inzaghi will play today against Torino. If he's fit to play today he should be fit enough for the NT's match. It's looking like we'll see a Pippo-Godot partnership.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Looks like Pippo will make it at least 4 one match, but no way 4 Totti, he will never risk himself, he has problems with the same knee he injured this summer....

DP's_Apprentice, do you like Doni??? He is sucks really how can you like him?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)