Marcelo Zalayeta (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
He deserves an own thread, he played well on saturday, and shows that he can replace Trez!. He is very underrated imo, and i have no dubts about him anymore. He is simply a perfect 4th striker to have in the squad.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alex

May 1, 2004
The best charater in the squad. A real example to others who are battling for their place in staring 11.
We are very fortunate to have him... never complains, so far has been extremely reliable and has proven more capable than i and many others here thought.

With Capello by his side and more chances to play he will became a great squad player

OP

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4
    I have the feeling that someone will never appreciate Zalayeta in the squad, no matter how he performs, hope he continues to score, he is certainly capable of it.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    yeah... we always critizise him eventhough we always see to lil of him to be honest... hope he can perform soo well that he can make Capello embaress to play Del Piero insted of him

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
    May 25, 2004
    Now that he scores once and twice he'll be confident on him self and as a joker in the team he'll try to improve and show fabio that he's worth !!

go zala !!! We need U !!

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Ahmed ] ++
    OH NO :scared:

Here comes the day when I see a thread starting just tp praise Zala :wallbang:

Sorry to say this, but you are a moron. Zalayeta has always been a good 5th striker, and now is proving that he is a great back-up for Trezeguet. As someone said, we're lucky to have a player like Zalayeta in the squad.

Manuel

Aug 8, 2003
    I always liked Zalayeta, he has been 4th or 5th striker for us for quite some time now and he never complains. And when he is given a chance he always gives it all. He might not have the skill and talent to ever become a first choice player, but as long as we have him on the bench, I'll feel safe when one of our strikers gets injured.
    Forza Zalayeta.

OP

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
  • Thread Starter #9
    yeah, actually Zalayeta has been with Juve since 1997, he's been loaned out some times though.

Aug 26, 2003
    i am so happy to have Zalayeta! and now he seems also to do very well, i hope he keeps on scoring!! he is also a striker which you can give the ball and he dribbles past a player, with good technik, like once against Messina!!!

Zalayeta to take his Chance

Marcelo Zalayeta insists he can replace injured Juventus striker David Trezeguet.

The Uruguayan marksman is standing in for Trezeguet who will be out for the next four months after undergoing shoulder surgery.

Zalayeta scored against Messina in a 2-1 win for Juve to keep them at the top of Serie A, and he says that he will take his chance of replacing Trezeguet.

"In this period I have a big chance and I have to take advantage of it," said Zalayeta.

"My job will be playing in a good way and scoring."

Zalayeta is playing for a longer stay in Turin, and knows that he will have ample opportunity to impress Fabio Capello with Trezeguet's long-term injury.

Jun 7, 2003
    I like Zala. And i'm happy that he plays in Juve. He is really cool, he never critised the coaches that he didn't play. But on Saturday he missed two great chances and that shows that he is just a substitute and not a class player that could replace Trezeguet. He needs too many chances and i have only saw head goals of him in the past. (Only against Barca i saw him shoot a goal with foot)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    I appreciate Zala. Not only is he capable, he never complains as well. He can perform when needed. And he has already scored 2 goals in the last 2 Serie A games!

Frankly speaking I'm relieved to have Zala as a 4th choice striker. If the main strikers r injured, we can depend on him to score. And he proved himself that he can do it. So Zala ur the man!

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    I've been a fan of Zala for a long time, and I'm one of the rare people here that have defeneded him. Sure, he's not good enough for a first team striker, nor talented enough to be a world beater, but he has character. He never complains, waits for his chance and alway gives 100% on the field, no matter where he's being played.

He's been with us since 1997, spent a few years on loan at Sevilla and then he was released by them. We brought him back when Salas got injured. Since he didnt have a club he was training with the Uruguay NT at the time.

la_dynamite86

Sep 24, 2004
    I don't know why there's always such a discussion about Zalayeta... He's a talented player, that's what I noticed while watching him playing. Every player has his ups and downs, so it's not a tragedy if Zalayeta doesn't play very well sometimes...if it's not every match...And this time, it was one of his good days, so we should hope that it will continune like that.

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    I've been a fan of Zala for a long time, and I'm one of the rare people here that have defeneded him.
    r u sure?? I rememmber very well that i had an argument with u about zalayeta long time ago.I even compared his form with divaio I guess that was more than 1 year ago (I have good memory :D)
    I always said that he is a great player as a backup.never complains and does the job great.but let's not exagerate and not make him god.some people said he should have a rating of 9 :D in another thread.
    Welldone PANTERA :strong:

44BigBert

Aug 20, 2004
    i don't like zala very much......but i appreciate him that he showed up and done a good job when we need him.
    he understand his role in the team and play hard in every minute on the field so far.
    he got a big improvement from last season.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)