juve attendences (home and away) (1 Viewer)

neath_lad

Jun 25, 2004
for a club like juve, the attendences are terrible, only something like 20K season tickets seats sold. how can a club like us have such bad attendences, when the other major teams are much bigger all the time. our only big attendences are when we play teams like milan.

i know it gots something to do with the running track and the location of the ground outside turin. even napoli had an attendance of 60.000 for a seria C1 game, for a club like juve we sud easily match that every week.

its so disappointing when you watch juve and its so empty. its so good when deli alpi is full (or almost full) most teams would be terrified going there.
what suggestions do you have for juve to change it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Almajhool

Sep 8, 2002
it's a discrase for the city and its people .. having a champion team like juve, you would expect a big support from ppl there ..

however, i think it all comes back to the fact .. PPl support turino ;)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
It's a shame for a people of Turin. Having a team like Juve in the city and not going to watch it's game, it's really shame.

After all, it's a good idea to reduce the seats at the stadium.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
It's a massive shame indeed. How a world renowned club like Juventus can't even fill its stadium is pathetic.

MeRs0

Jun 26, 2004
i must say i admire the team thou
beeing this big and good but only playing for 20 000 average pr game. its very nicely done i think, props to juve players n staff for that.

to the ppl of turin...nah, i dont even wanna say nothin to them.

Lars

Sep 25, 2004
Well they're talking about reorganizing the stadium (removing the running track and reducing the seats to 35.000) -

but then again, they've talked about that for 10 years...

Case

Sep 13, 2004
First of all, you should understand that Torino is a unique city and there are many many factors that can explain why the bad attendences at Delle Alpi. As for myself, I see these three:

1.) Piemonte -> Torino -> Fiat -> chain production mentality

It may not be exactly so (since I'm from Slovenia and don't have first-hand experience), but from what I'm told, the people of Piemonte and Torino aren't exactly known for being 'hot', if you get the meaning. It's not like Roma or Napoli, where there's really that good-old mediterranean passional folk. Reason over passion, indifference over (football) anger. Of course, all that generally speaking. Also, Torino has a way smaller population than Roma or even Milano.

2.) Torino (club) downfall

In Roma and Milano you have two top teams (or near-top teams :)) which compete on every front, all year long. Torino is constantly jumping between Serie A and Serie B and so the competition (which brings interest, which brings people) with Juve isn't all it could be.

3.) Delle Alpi sucks

Well, thank God they're making a new one, a soccer stadium, with less seats but better infrastructure. I really hope the "Juve World" concept kicks in, but I have my doubts -> check point 1.)
--------

Build a Juventus stadium a couple hundred kilometeres south of Torino and see what happens. Sold out tickets. Build one in South Italy and see what happens. Killing over tickets. Ok, I'm exaggerating, but you get the point. :)

juventus2

Jul 6, 2004
+ Juventus reasons to stay in Torino:

+ (to stay)

We stay conected to the Agnelli's,that could prove useful for us.

If we leave we would be the most hated club in Torino

Some of the local sponsors from the rich north could leave us (Fiat,Ferrari..........)

History of the club

A new stadium and an aggresive marketing campaign coul move the fans back to the stadium.

Most of the fans in Torino are still juve fans, mostly imigrants from the south,that's a fact and they watch Juve on the tv every weak.and we get most od our money from the Tv rights

- ( to leave)

Most fans of Juventus in Italy are from the south,so if we would move there we could fill up a stadium with maybe 70000-85000 fans every match.

We would be even more popular in the south.

-----------------------

I think we would be better off in Torino

Amr

Dec 25, 2003
Napoli (Serie C!!) got in 1 or 2 matches Attnedance bigger then our WHOLE 4 matches in the Serie A

WHAT A SHAME!!!

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Juventus2, you present a very convincing case... for LEAVING!

1. Why would we lose contact with the Agnelli's if we left? They'd come too ;)

2. We already ARE the most hated team in Torino!

3. Fiat is going downhill anyways, they're in financial probs last time I heard

4. Even with the new stadium we're only getting 40k in each week tops

5. I don't think your point about most people in Turin supporting Juve can possibly be correct.

and of course 6 - if we moved to Palermo we could fill chock a block a huge stadium each week - just look how vocal the palermo fans were last week!! 70,000 of them each week would be very intimidating and fetch huge amunts of money

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)