Chiellini already gone ! (2 Viewers)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
The arrival of Fabio Cannavaro has pushed Juve defender Giorgio Chiellini towards the Viola in an official co-ownership deal.

The Under-21 international had only just arrived from Livorno this summer, but was unlikely to earn first team football with Inter star Cannavaro on his way to Turin.

This morning Fiorentina officially bought out half of Chiellini’s contract and he will spend this season at the Stadio Artemio Franchi.

It is a return to Tuscany for the player, who spent last year helping Livorno to promotion from Serie B.

Chiellini was a Roma youth product, but meets up with fellow ex-Juve man Enzo Maresca in the Viola camp.

He will go straight to Florence from Greece, where he earned a Bronze medal in the Olympic games with Claudio Gentile's Azzurrini squad
Seriously! What the ****?! What do we gain from this... ?!

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++
Seriously! What the ****?! What do we gain from this... ?!
that's a perfectly valid question, to which I hold no answer :groan:

but i've got another question... why is Cannavaro pushing Chiellini out of the squad!? Why not one of our other crap defenders?!

I'm gonna be laughing bitterly when Fiorentina beat us this season :rolleyes:

OP
Dominic

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
  • Thread Starter #5
    ++ [ originally posted by juventus2 ] ++
    We will buy him back along with Maresca when they are good enough
    Chiellini we might get back, but Maresca we will lose permanently after the upcoming season.

Chiellini would've been a learning back-up to Zambrotta! Pessotto doesn't have it anymore.
    We have even less width in the squad now.

We lost Chiellini now anyway
    why didn't we trade him for Janku when we had the chance ?!

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    this is also propably means that we are getting JAnkulovski which if happens, we would not need Chellini anymore with ZAmbrotta, Pesotto, and Birindelli can also play in that position...

44BigBert

Aug 20, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

that's a perfectly valid question, to which I hold no answer :groan:

but i've got another question... why is Cannavaro pushing Chiellini out of the squad!? Why not one of our other crap defenders?!

I'm gonna be laughing bitterly when Fiorentina beat us this season :rolleyes:
    i am totally agree with it.

this deal is probably more stupid than the maresca's one.

if Chiellini plays well in florence, juve will certainly need to pay more to get him back, so if juve really wants him in turin, they won't sell away half of his ownership. i believe juve won't buy him back no matter how his performence this season.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    Firstly, this deal suggests that Canna for Carrini is almost finalised pending on few minor detail and in this sesne I am very happy. However, selling half of Chiellini's to Viola is very bad idea IMO. Firstly, why not give half of his contract to Udinese and lower Jankulovski's price if we are really after him? Unless Fiorentina offered more than Udinese's valuation, I would find this deal very perlplexing. As far as I know, Pessetto lost his leg a long time ago, a la Conte. Secondly, what has Iluliano, Montero, Tudor, Pessetto has done to deserve a place in our team? Gray is absolutely spot on, we need to get rid of our bunch of dinosaurs than up and coming youngster. I like Capello as a coach but this deal further re-inforces my prejudice against him as a coach who doesnt trust on young players. He hasnt got a great track record of developing players and this deal is definetely taking a step back after a greap leap forward I thought we made by believing in the likes of Olivera and Blasi.
    Hell, I want to know if Fiorentina is interested in taking our old-guards. I am sure Moggi would be generous to them.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
    this is also propably means that we are getting JAnkulovski which if happens, we would not need Chellini anymore with ZAmbrotta, Pesotto, and Birindelli can also play in that position...
    exactly... And besides, Fiorentina's new contract with Maresca takes over Juve's previous contract, so we still own a half of him, or at least that's what I've understood before...

I'm confident that we will buy Maresca and Chiellini back if they'll ever be good enough...

Aug 26, 2003
    ok great that we almost have Cannavaro! but i don't like the idea of losing Chiellini! why not loaing him out?

but i think there must be a reason why we bought him away from Roma, so he must be a player for the future!! maybe we will see another player (Bonera, Jank)?

but when he would sit on the bench, i like it more when he gets exp. at Florence!!

i also don't understand why we don't try to sell players like Iuliano, or why don't they retire??

OP
    Dominic

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
  • Thread Starter #11
    Well the newest rumour is that Moggi will offer Udinese 4 0r 5 million Euros + Iuliano and/or Kapo for Jankulovski.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Kapo and Chiellini are a very bad bargain if we lose them, and as Hun-hide said, Capello does not trust youngsters adn does not work good on them either

If these are what Capelo wants then it is no good.....

Anyway, it is good that Cannavaro is soon with his old team-mates

Aug 26, 2003
    did't chiellini said that he wants to get loaned out?? ok i know it is not loaning, but we still co-own him, and i think we would not spend that much money for him if we don't want to use him in future, oterwise we could have sold him!!

Jul 28, 2002
    the only reason we would get rid of our left back, is if we are getting another.....hopefully jank, but we had better not loose kapo.

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    It seems that pessoto , birindilli , juliano , tach are stuck forever with juve why should we keep them , by the way where did conti go???

mjomran

Aug 19, 2004
    Hi all,

I do not think that it is a disaster to loss Chiellini, since we really need an experienced CB and Cannavaro fits perfectly. Now IMO our defence is almost perfect.

The only department that I think need enforcement is the attack. If we can bring S. Inzaghi it will be perfect!

A small point here, I think we should respect Montero, Juliano, Pesotto, etc. since for the last 8+ years they were the most important reasons for our success.

Regards

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Another silly move on Moggi's part imo. I guess he wants Chiellini to play regularly this season, which is fine, but why not loan him? That way we know that we can have him back if he performs, but now that Fiorentina own 50% of him if he does well they'll want a good set of cash for their half.

Real nice, Moggi :rolleyes:

Jul 28, 2002
    it could be a set job, ie a pre agreed fee.

Hopefully chilini and enzo do well, never thought, id hope for the viola to do well??....i wonde rwhat the fans think of having two juve youngsters??

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
    :wallbang:if Chiellini wasn't in the plan.....why would we even bother to buy his share from Roma?

waste of money:groan:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)