Football Manager 5 (merge) (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
It's expected to be out by September. Now, what you need to know is that this isnt a a direct sequel to CM4, it's a brand new game done from scratch, because it's been done by a new development team. Earlier versions were done by SIgames and published by Eidos. They have now split and CM5 will be completely done by Eidos, while the former makers of CM, SIgames, will publish their game, Football Manager.

Here are the screenshots http://eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=54743

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4
    Where did I put it? :undecide:

@Arif: Well, basically it's the same game, but CM 04/04 has fixed a lot of the bugs that were present in the original CM4

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
    I would stick with Football Manager myself. Edios got the brand name, but the brains stayed behind to make Football Manager. Edios never had that much input into the CM series, they were more like a distributor. All the programming and database work were done by SI Games. I bet it will be the successful franchise out of the two (plus it will finally be released in the US as MLS Manager, in a completely unchanged form. Yay!)

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #7
    ++ [ originally posted by BigIzz ] ++
    I would stick with Football Manager myself. Edios got the brand name, but the brains stayed behind to make Football Manager. Edios never had that much input into the CM series, they were more like a distributor. All the programming and database work were done by SI Games. I bet it will be the successful franchise out of the two (plus it will finally be released in the US as MLS Manager, in a completely unchanged form. Yay!)
    Yeah, EIdos were only the publisher or something, all the work was done by SIgames. Still, a little competition is always good. I think I'll get both games.

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
    Jan 11, 2003
    Im affraid of i would find it a bit confusing that every skill has a rating from 1-100.

It will be to hard to memorize the improvements of every skill, when i have to remember a 2-digit number for every skill :confused:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I'm with Zambro, the game doesn't interest me as much as it used to... after 7 years of playing it, it's pretty much the same old, same old...

I'm looking forward to Winning Eleven 8 a lot more... speaking of which, I may just go and make a preview thread for it :)

River

Jun 15, 2004
    How can they have remade it so fast? It looks no different, I bet its just another money grabbing update. CM sucks now.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #18
    Yeah, but since none of the code from the past game was available to the developers they had to do it from scrach. Hence, it's a new game ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)