The Finds of the Tournament (1 Viewer)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by blackmint ] ++
its finds not surprises.
Finds is a synonym for surprises in this context :rolleyes:.
But fine, I'll rephrase: I already found Rooney.
Ok?

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
Well Robben was a find for me at least, as I hadn't really seen him play before. Don't you think he played well? Or is he just not a find?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
And you know what? I'm sick and tired of having to defend myself constantly because everyone here thinks I'm wrong, just because they are so blatantly ignorant themselves.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
Giorgios Seitardis
Nuno Maniche
Milan Baros
Miguel
Ricardo Carvalho
Marek Heinz
Angelos Christeas

feel free to add more:)
Great list, Des :thumb:

Hmm, I thought Tomas Ujfalusi impressed and he was a find for me since I had seen very little of him prior to this tournament. Players like Maniche, Ronaldo, Robben, Baros and Rooney really came into their own, while Seitaridis and Miguel have proven themselves to be more than competent right backs. Oh, and although we already knew alot about Cassano and Ibrahimovic, I must say that they were quite impressive indeed.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by AndriesGobert ] ++
And you know what? I'm sick and tired of having to defend myself constantly because everyone here thinks I'm wrong, just because they are so blatantly ignorant themselves.
hey cool it dont act like you are all that. Surprises are things that are not expected to happen by defination. Like greece winning. Finds are players who shined at euro 2004, and made themselves transfer targets of big clubs. Such as wayne rooney, milan baros.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
Nuno Maniche
Ricardo Carvalho
Actually, those who paid attention to last season's CL probably recognized the talent here. (Though "Maniche" is just a nickname -- funny to see his real first name, "Nuno", here -- since it is usually either Gomes or Valente on the Portugal NT.)

Giorgios Seitardis
Milan Baros
Miguel
Marek Heinz
Angelos Christeas
Quite a few folks who warmed benches this past season. Even Dellas for his time at Roma for that matter, Karagounis at Inter, etc....

Other discoveries (at least for me) should include Ujfaluši.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)