Old vs Young (1 Viewer)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Sure, but that's another arguement altogether. They're trying to put forward the idea that players like Beckham (who's 29) are already too old to star. Which is rubbish - how good was Zidane in Euro 2000 - at the same age as Beckham is now.

OP
MCPIERO

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
  • Thread Starter #8
    mikhail players like Beckham, Del Piero, Henry, Raul, Zidane household names none of them are in the final. They all failed to live up to their reps, even Zidane. Over here Becks is catchin heat because he is captain and he is a world class football player above anything but he failed and so did most other players who we expect more from. All the big nations big name players flopped but the youngsters shined. Its a good sign. Youngsters like Cassano, Rooney, C ronaldo all played like old heads. As a Juve fan im fed up of Piero. Hes still only 29 but Collinas got more fitness then him:D Its time for the youngsters because you cant deny talent at any age. DP in his early 20s was one of the greatest ever even Maradona liked him as a fav player he took over Baggio. At club level Miccoli wasnt given much faith by Lippi. If we aquire more talented youth and if they have the ability then they should play for Juve. Its down to the coach if hes got the balls.

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    Good analysis albeit the new kids on the block will now have a harder new season since they will be more targetted for close marking in case of strikers & midfielders while defenders will undoubtedly have their work cut out.
    All in all it's always exciting to see a new crop of players coming up. This really whets my appetite for next season.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    There isn't one player of the young team that looks like ever reaching the same level the players of the old team did. Rooney for Del Piero is ridicolous and Karagounis for Zidane...*sigh*
    If they had chosen Rosicky it would have been at least understandable.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    I meant the talent these two posses. Del Piero is way more talented than Rooney ever will be and thus Rooney won't reach the same level of play.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by AndriesGobert ] ++
    I meant the talent these two posses. Del Piero is way more talented than Rooney ever will be and thus Rooney won't reach the same level of play.
    i think you should stop judging players on how much talent you think they have but more on how much contribution they make to the team.... coz that is more relevant....

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++

i think you should stop judging players on how much talent you think they have but more on how much contribution they make to the team.... coz that is more relevant....
    Fine, Rooney won't ever make as much contribution to any team as Del Piero made to Juventus. I'm sure you're going to deny that, but that's your problem and not mine.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    i dun see how this will bring any good going to your screwed head, but in a span of say 15 years, i think Rooney will be a more important player to his club than Del Piero did to juventus..not in the economic icon bullshit kinda way , butin the contribution kinda way.... he is already a better player for England in one tournament than the whole of Del Piero tournament history with Italy...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)