Nedved asks UEFA to dismiss yellow card (1 Viewer)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
NEDVED ASKS FOR CLEAN SHEET

The Czech Repulic have asked UEFA to dismiss the yellow card that Pavel Nedved received in the match against the Danes.

Nedved received the yellow card in the 61st minute of the quarter final against Denmark because he supposedly tackled Jesper Grønkjær. After studying the footage though, it's uncertain that was really the case and one could wonder if referee Valentin Ivanov was tricked by Grønkjær's drama play.

Officially speaking it's impossible to file such a request for a dismissal of a card but the Czechs "asked UEFA to have a look at the images and make a decision", Petr Fousek, president of the Czech FA told reporters earlier today.

Nedved fears a similar scenario as last season when he missed the CL final after a yellow in the semi's.

From Voetbal International

----------------------------

Well what a hypocrit. First he dives and gets Johnny Heitinga a red card that arguably lost the Dutch the match and now he's playing victim of a similar action?

I really liked Nedved but he's turning into a drama queen now! Be a man for god's sake! Did you hear the Dutch complain after that red card? No, cause that's football, that's life.

Baby.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Indeed. He's not banned from the final. Just be a good boy and don't get booked in the semifinal, where's the problem?

Jan 24, 2004
First, he didn't dive.
Second, IMO there wasn't any contact between Nedved Gronkjaer (btw...how to write the slashed "o" and the married "ae":D ??) and so this card was without any sense. Furthermore Gronkjaer grabbed in Nedved's hairs without recieving punishment.

But you can becalm. I don't think that the card will be enacted.
:)

OP
Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #4
    ++ [ originally posted by kurvengeflüster ] ++
    First, he didn't dive.
    There was barely any contact! It wasn't a not-bremse because then he would have went for the leggs or give a very obvious push I'm sure. I've seen Heitinga perform his emergency-brakes and that wasn't it!

But we had that discussion before - it's open to debate because cultures, and football cultures too, vary.

Second, IMO there wasn't any contact between Nedved Gronkjaer (btw...how to write the slashed "o" and the married "ae":D ??) and so this card was without any sense. Furthermore Gronkjaer grabbed in Nedved's hairs without recieving punishment.
    Oh I agree, that's not what bothers me.

But you can becalm. I don't think that the card will be enacted.
    And neither is that.

It's just that he has the nerve to ask when he's been known to dive himself (regardless of whether he dived against the Netherlands, he HAS done it on several other occasions). I mean, grow up!

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    Well at least against the netherlands there was contact.. minimal but can you really blame him for going down? remember how fast he was moving.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Clean the card!!

I want Nedved in the final to face Holland or portu al if they make it. I dont want to see the history repeating.

Jan 24, 2004
    this Nedved-dive-discussion sounds to me like: "OMG :eek: Did you see? Nedved did a dive!!!!"
    that is so banal nowadays

why don't we ask instead: "OMG :eek: Did you see? The ref has got a whistle!"

Sometimes player were punished because of TV-evidences (e.g. :totti: Foul--> not booked --> UEFA ban after the game). For me it's the other way around. (no foul --> booked --> ?)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    Whats done is done, and I do agree he's turning into a drama queen now (well he has always been but it hadnt bothered me before)

How does he has the balls to go and ask for something like that?!! does he think he has a preferred UEFA attention?

I dont think UEFA will revoke the card so he'll just have to behave very well if he doesnt want to miss another final

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    Nothing willl happen

UEFA will not review Pavel Nedved's booking against Denmark after Czech officials asked European football's governing body to do so.

No chance
    The Czech Republic felt Nedved's booking for felling Jesper Grønkjær in the 61st minute of Sunday's quarter-final was unjust and today invited UEFA to look into the incident. However, UEFA has confirmed that the request cannot be met, citing Article 44 paragraphs 3 and 4 of its disciplinary regulations.

Nedved bow
    Nedved, who missed the 2002/03 UEFA Champions League final through suspension, is therefore one of eleven players a booking away from missing a potential final appearance on 4 July. "I will not change my style or shirk from the fight," said Nedved, the European Footballer of the Year.

Players one booking away from suspension

Czech Republic: Marek Jankulovski, Pavel Nedved, Tomáš Ujfaluši.
    Greece: Georgios Karagounis, Theodoros Zagorakis.
    Netherlands: Frank de Boer, Roy Makaay, Andy van der Meyde.
    Portugal: Costinha, Deco, Ricardo Carvalho.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    That's exactly what I thought. To UEFA all decisions made by referees are final.

It's about time when a second referee is running around on the field, helping out the first one.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    That's the same ref who didn't see a penalty on Cassano. Incredible..he didn't not see it deliberately he really is blind.

Anyway it's arguable Nedved dived in the Heitinga-case. Have you ever been in the position Nedved was at that moment, Erik? I'm an attacking midfielder like Nedved and when you get in that position you just know someone is going to take you down. A thought that already makes you pretty unstable. So even the slightest contact could take you down when you're in that position. You want to avoid injuries and you'll go down easily.

What bothers me the most is that cards can be given using video evidence but cards can't be annuled. That is a very very strange system, don't you think? And yet no one seems to question whether this system is just or not.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    And OMG the last player you can call a drama queen is Nedved. Don't you remember how he played against Holland with that injured arm and ankle four years ago. The same ankle the Dutch were constantly kicking back then, I might add.

I'd like to see you guys in Nedved's role. Let's see just how many matches it will take for you to fall down at every occasion. NEDVED IS NOT A DRAMA QUEEN. Totti is.

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #14
    ++ [ originally posted by AndriesGobert ] ++
    Anyway it's arguable Nedved dived in the Heitinga-case. Have you ever been in the position Nedved was at that moment, Erik? I'm an attacking midfielder like Nedved and when you get in that position you just know someone is going to take you down. A thought that already makes you pretty unstable. So even the slightest contact could take you down when you're in that position. You want to avoid injuries and you'll go down easily.
    That's just a matter of mentality. I was a striker for years and I got pulled and pushed and kicked more than anyone else on the pitch but I never just went down; I always tried to go on and give that pass or score that goal.

A thought makes you unstable? Only if you let it.

What bothers me the most is that cards can be given using video evidence but cards can't be annuled. That is a very very strange system, don't you think? And yet no one seems to question whether this system is just or not.
    Hardly the point but it's paradoxal yes.

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #15
    ++ [ originally posted by AndriesGobert ] ++
    And OMG the last player you can call a drama queen is Nedved. Don't you remember how he played against Holland with that injured arm and ankle four years ago. The same ankle the Dutch were constantly kicking back then, I might add.

I'd like to see you guys in Nedved's role. Let's see just how many matches it will take for you to fall down at every occasion. NEDVED IS NOT A DRAMA QUEEN. Totti is.
    I said he's turning into a drama queen, which obviously implies I only recently think that so don't be pulling no history lessons on me mate ;)

Sep 14, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++

First he dives and gets Johnny Heitinga a red card that arguably lost the Dutch the match and now he's playing victim of a similar action?

......Did you hear the Dutch complain after that red card? No, cause that's football, that's life.
    Yeah but Heitinga doesn't risk missing the final. (Unless he get's sent off of course!)

But I can see why you and your fellow countrymen would be angry.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
    Apr 19, 2003
    Maybe the team can start without him...and if thing don't goes well against the Greeks he may enter...:confused:
    I just want him to win and play the final no matter what!i am afraid....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)