Surprise!!!!!!! 2-2 (2 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I wonder when the Italian soccer community is gonna stop blaming others for their own mistakes. It's disgusting and it never ends. First it was the ref in 2002, now it's a fixed match. If you saw any of the game that was played between Sweden and Denmark, you would know full well that both teams played to win.

Gimme a f. break already!

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Agree Marts.

Besides, the humour, the irony, the joy and the pain, all in the time span of 10 seconds... you cant not appriciate it, football at its best :D
I laughed my arse of when it finished 2-2 :D

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
I wonder when the Italian soccer community is gonna stop blaming others for their own mistakes. It's disgusting and it never ends. First it was the ref in 2002, now it's a fixed match. If you saw any of the game that was played between Sweden and Denmark, you would know full well that both teams played to win.

Gimme a f. break already!
I agree.. IMO, a nation like italy should have 3 wins out of 3. But it still hurts. ouch. :down:

But nevermind, I never ever blame others for our failure, only ourselves.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
When it comes to italians, there is always someone else to blame, but never they.
Totti: new shoes are too heavy
Panucci: socks are wrong
Someone else (dont remember who though): it's too hot over here.
And now: the match was fixed.

When are they going to start blaming themselves?
To win, you must play well from beginning of tournament and not looking for excuse.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
Agree Marts.

Besides, the humour, the irony, the joy and the pain, all in the time span of 10 seconds... you cant not appriciate it, football at its best :D
I laughed my arse of when it finished 2-2 :D
Me too :D

Denmark and Sweden played much better in Euro, so they deserved to qualify. I'm glad of it.
I got really pissed off on Italians, not only media but players, reading all those interviews lately.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Also, I dont think they would risk fixing the match, especially now that all eyes were on them.

IMO the fault is all theirs... Totti's for spitting, Trap's for not brining Gilardino, etc...

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Btw I read in a match report that once again Del Piero missed a bunch of good chances to score. Oh how much better it would have been to follow my advice and drop him from the squad. Then he would be missed in this abysmal Euro story, rather than badgered.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
Also, I dont think they would risk fixing the match, especially now that all eyes were on them.

IMO the fault is all theirs... Totti's for spitting, Trap's for not brining Gilardino, etc...
Yeah, Trap's an idiot.

BUT, its easy to not give 100% in a match, which the Danes were nothing close to when defending their lead.

River

Jun 15, 2004
Im glad Italy are out.

Such a fantastic squad. But we had 45minutes of good football. That game against Bulgaria was a joke. Italy never looked like scoring.
Watching Italy this tournament has been an anticlimax every time.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Btw I read in a match report that once again Del Piero missed a bunch of good chances to score. Oh how much better it would have been to follow my advice and drop him from the squad. Then he would be missed in this abysmal Euro story, rather than badgered.
Footbal Italia's match report says he missed an open goal from 6 yards.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I'll tell you what, even if it were fixed (which I think is a totally insane claim to be making), I don't see the outcry anyway. So they played to a draw, but Italy have themselves to thank. They couldn't beat Denmark and they couldn't beat Sweden. ONE victory in those two matches would have been enough.

And either way, like 2-2 is such an unbelievable score, it happens all the time FFS!

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
I'll tell you what, even if it were fixed (which I think is a totally insane claim to be making), I don't see the outcry anyway. So they played to a draw, but Italy have themselves to thank. They couldn't beat Denmark and they couldn't beat Sweden. ONE victory in those two matches would have been enough.

And either way, like 2-2 is such an unbelievable score, it happens all the time FFS!
Plus this victory is against Bulgary.
Bulgary is way different level than Italy.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Even Before the match... i really doubted about a conspiracy....

Now im still thinking about it.. ut i doubt so..

All the blame fallon the italians ofr not collecting the points when they needed. Sad history.
But iMO the real mastemind behind this failure is Trapattoni.

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
I saw all the matches in the group besides Italy-Bulgaria which I listened to and you can't say the proper result wasn't achieved. Sweden and Denmark were simply the two best teams in the group, even moreso when you consider the significant talent advantage Italy is thought to have.

Italy blew it entierly on their own accord. Even if the match was fixed, they could only manage one goal in 180 minutes against Sweden and Denmark. They don't deserve to advance.

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
early during the first half he had a chance, but he had to take a step back
before shooting, hence it didn't turn out better than that. He got the ball a bit off guard since Fiore tried an acrobatic number to score and teh rebound found it self near DP!

Still during the first half, the ball was deflected towards him and he took
a shot that hit a bulgarian player.

2nd half not any clear chances!

don't know who wrote the matchrapport... someone that is either not keen
on DP or is not aware of the player names and made it easy by addressin
all of the chances to DP! ;)

Corradi had one chance, and also he had to take a step back before heading the ball so he never got power behind it...

And once again the ref robbed Gli Azzurri from a penalty!!! ;) :groan:

Vieri had his great shares of missing the target but compared to Super Corradi he was there to head it towards the goal!

Cassano had also his shares of bad attempts!!!

making things short! no-one did really well!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)