Nedved doesn´t want to play against Italy in quarterfinal (An interview) (1 Viewer)

Honza_CZ

May 15, 2003
A try for translating...
An original article

Captain doesn´t meet Italian team in querterfinal

Pavel Nedved flopped on the grass and thanks to God. Next he hugged with his friend, keeper of czech team Mr. Poustka. They were on the verge of tears. Czech captain left the field as last man - exhausted, happy and touched. "We reached the win with heart" he said. His left knee is bandaged "It will be not a problem".

Q: Are you proud of your team?
A: I´m proud of everybody. I´m proud of football, which was played by both team. This is a reason for life. I´m happy I could be in.

Q: Did you play football in trance ever?
A: I did not live through so "pursuit" team such Holland. Turn a play from 0:2? It is a dream. Matches like this will be written in history.

Q: Score is 2:2. You are shooting and the ball hit a crossbar. How are you feeling few minutes before the end?
A: I *****ed for myself. Rosicky said me: "We could be there!" Still is not the end, it is still on the edge. I have big chance against Latvian too, my best shot was knocked by goalkeeper. And now worse lucky again. But I´m happy for my playmates, which scored. All of three earn it.

Q: It were nerver for last seconds of match. How about your experience?
A: I was little bit out... Coach started make substitutes - geting out defedners and putting there forwards. It was very hard. "Who will defend?" I said for myself. I staid as a shield and Rosa (Rosicky) behind me yet. Just unreal. Coach makes so brilliant move if we are trailing. I have to say: "he is a big coach".

Q: Coach hugged you after match, didn´t he?
A: All what he said me stays here (he tuched on his heart twice). It was one of most beatiful thing, which I heard in my life. I´m appreciative for it.

Q: Disclose, what about it...
A: I can´t. These words are only for me.

Q: You appeared to hold cry back.
A: Cry? Yes, almost yes. I knew it will be very hard go through from group like this. And after two matches? Almost impossible. But we made it yet! I felt strogly of it. It can be my last championchip. I´m glad to go through.

Q: Do you think the last championchip of Europe, don´t you?
A: Maybe last championchip at all. Two years for championchip of World? Let it go after Europe. Now I can go on a little bit.

Q: ... go on ... all the way to...?
A: I met the target. It is fantastic go through from group of death. All of next is for men, which arrived for cheer us.

Q: You can watch opponents. It will be one of three: Denmark, Italy, Sweden. Which of teams do you wish?
A: I hope not Italy. He showed on Friday they can play a great football. They were unlucky to drew Sweden. We´ll see, it´s hard to choice.

Q: So match against Italy later?
A: If could be it possible... But we have to show a similar match like against Holland in 1/4 final before it.

Q: Czech team has certain after two matches. One and only. Did you imagine it that?
A: It was only dream. I didn´t imagine this, absolutely not. We have been down twice, we spent twice force, it was dificult.

Q: You have been lost on Saturday. Why? You got two goals in 20 first minute.
A: There was lot of critique due first match against Latvia but look for qaunity of shots. A critique by journalists. Compare it with Germany team. They had no bigger chances. Maybe you could wait with critique.

Q: Did you remember for match four years ago? There you was "play of the match" in match against Holland too.
A: But we lost, so the award is more pretty for me now. But there is more preassure on me. I try accomodate with it, I try concentrate for football, I don´t want be angry of anything. But I didn´t work it once...

Q: Yes, you gesticulated for referee...
A: He wanted give me yellow card, bat it kept back in his pocket. And I excused him for next half of an hour.

Buy on AliExpress.com

arc

Mar 11, 2004
Q: You can watch opponents. It will be one of three: Denmark, Italy, Sweden. Whic of teams do you wish?
A: I hope not Italy. He showed on Friday they can play a great football. They were unlucky to lost against Sweden. We´ll see, it´s hard to choice.

we drew, not lost but thats not much different, is it? we r heading home

OP

Honza_CZ

May 15, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    ++ [ originally posted by archaon ] ++
    Q: You can watch opponents. It will be one of three: Denmark, Italy, Sweden. Whic of teams do you wish?
    A: I hope not Italy. He showed on Friday they can play a great football. They were unlucky to lost against Sweden. We´ll see, it´s hard to choice.

we drew, not lost but thats not much different, is it? we r heading home
    TNX, it was my mistake of course. I´ve repaired it.
    Honza

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)