Moreno ban (2 Viewers)

hoshi

Sep 2, 2002
I found this at theworldgame.com.au

Byron Moreno, the referee in charge of Italy's controversial defeat to South Korea at the World Cup, will challenge the 20-match ban he was given following an Ecuadorian league match.

Moreno took charge of the Campeonato Serie A match between Deportiva Universitaria and Barcelona on Sunday.

He infuriated Barcelona, who led the match 3-2 after 90 minutes, by adding 12 minutes stoppage time during which Deportiva recovered to win 4-3.

Barcelona accused Moreno of trying to curry favour with the electorate of Quito, the capital city where Deportiva are based and where he is running for office later this year.

But Moreno has rejected the accusation, saying his performance was down to "human error".

The Ecuadorian football federation (FEF) found Moreno guilty of "distorting" his match report as he argued why he played so much extra time.

The 20-game suspension is the minimum length of sentence, and the FEF are continuing their investigation which may result in a longer ban, or even with Moreno being struck off the referees list.

FEF Disciplinary Commission president Alex de la Torre said: "He included false facts in his report. He said Deportiva's goals were scored in the 88th and 90th minute, when they happened in the 99th and 101st minute.

"He may receive a bigger suspension if we find any more irregularities."

Moreno protests his innocence, and says he will contest the ban.

He told the television network Gamavision: "I will appeal against the sanction which is unjust because my conscience is clear."

Barcelona president Leonardo Bohrer said he was satisfied with this first decision, but wants Moreno banned for life.

"You can see on television how he forced the assistant referee to put down his flag, he adds 12 minutes, and he disallows one goal. It's very clear," he said.

In June, Moreno was accused of being "pressured" into making sure co-hosts Korea beat Italy in the second phase by Italian soccer chief Franco Carraro.

The Azzurri were beaten 2-1 and had what looked a perfectly good goal disallowed for offside.

Carraro, who later retracted the allegation, also argued Moreno harshly sent off Francesco Totti for diving in golden goal extra time.

Updated: Thu, Sep 12, 2002 10:26:51 AM AEDT

Interesting, no?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Reza

Jul 13, 2002
ah shit ,i don't want to look at his doll face .

could u plz pick up that shit photo?:fero::fero::fero:

Reza

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by hoshi ] ++

"He may receive a bigger suspension if we find any more irregularities."

Moreno protests his innocence, and says he will contest the ban.

He told the television network Gamavision: "I will appeal against the sanction which is unjust because my conscience is clear."

Barcelona president Leonardo Bohrer said he was satisfied with this first decision, but wants Moreno banned for life.

"You can see on television how he forced the assistant referee to put down his flag, he adds 12 minutes, and he disallows one goal. It's very clear," he said.

time.

Updated: Thu, Sep 12, 2002 10:26:51 AM AEDT

Interesting, no?

abviously your brain is full of empty.you jerk,,,:fero:

OP
hoshi

hoshi

Sep 2, 2002
  • Thread Starter #8
    yeah, i think sadly he will :(

sorry for posting the photo... i plead temporary insanity

OP
    hoshi

hoshi

Sep 2, 2002
  • Thread Starter #10
    a lot of supporters of Deportiva live in the Quito electorate, and will probably vote for him because he favoured them

sort of like how Hitler used the olympics

Sep 3, 2002
    I hate that guy. What an ass. It takes FIFA long enough to realise he's incompetent. Obviously because they don't wanna acknowledge that they made a mistake. Even if they do choose one ref from different countries, there's gotta be plenty better than him. And I mean PLENTY.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    I'm glad FIFA will look into this, but it's too late and even if they ban him forever that won't help Italy a tiny bit! :down:

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by ErikP ] ++
    I'm just hoping no European team will ever run into him in the future!!
    cept maybe Real in the CL finals against Spartak Moscow(and Moreno has a crush on Titov...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)