"Alexander the Great" - Baz Luhrmann/Leonardo DiCaprio vs. Oliver Stone/Colin Farrell (1 Viewer)

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
There are two movies on "Alexander the Great" being planned right now, and it looks like both of them will be made.

The first one will be directed by Baz Luhrmann and will star Leonardo DiCaprio, co-starring Nicole Kidman. More info here.

The second one will be directed by Oliver Stone and will star Colin Farrell. More info here.

I'm personally looking forward to both of them. And although I love Baz's direction, the lead actor is quite a turn off for me :yuck: I'd probably opt for the other.

Does anyone have any thoughts on which one will be better, or even if both will be made?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
theres actually three versions of alexander on there way, the other being the Jalal Merhi project... which if its received well will be the first part in a trilogyabout alexanders life

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
wtf oh god is that totti graham? :eek:

anyway i'm a bit dissapointed..i love both director's work, but both lead actors are well, annoying IMHO.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
oppose to a lot of people's opinion, i think Leonardo Di Caprio is a good actor.. the roles that he plays are quite veried...something that i value very much in an actor..

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
I think Di Caprio is a good actor too.. I don't like him and I don't hate.. but I don't understand why people hate him so much..

OP
Sarah_old

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
  • Thread Starter #9
    ++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
    theres actually three versions of alexander on there way, the other being the Jalal Merhi project... which if its received well will be the first part in a trilogyabout alexanders life
    ahh...I haven't heard that one.

DiCaprio is a great actor , no doubt...but he just rubs me the wrong way which I can't really explain :undecide:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I hate it when Leo's voice breaks when he's crying/yelling, which he does in a few of his movies (Man in the Iron Mask, Romeo and Juliet). Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
    Not me, I loved him in Romeo and Juliet :)

I dont know, if I like the idea about Farrell or Di Caprio as Alexander.
    I cant stand Farrell, ouch, no other actor annoys me like that guy and he is elsewhere these days, it was boring and it's becong annoying.

And Di Caprio: he used to play in good movies, but not recently.
    And I dont know, if I can imagine him as Alexander.

I dont know why, but for me he has no enough mainhood for a great commander :D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Yeah, Romeo and Juliet was a great movie, but I really hate Leo's voice when he does the whole crying/breaking thing :yuck:

btw Sal, did you choose your avatar because Inzaghi drives an Alfa? I know cos he used to be my favourite player too :)

Aug 1, 2003
    well coincidence really. my family are great alfa fans - esp. my dad (mom claims that she never saw him cry as bad when his alfa crashed in a factory wall) .. so i guess it runs in the family. and there's the fact pippo drives it.

also, my mom's car's plat number is 9. and inzaghi is no. 9 :D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    also, my mom's car's plat number is 9. and inzaghi is no. 9 :D
    Wow, I had no idea there were so few cars in Malaysia. My number plate is six digits! :D

:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)