Techno, Trance & House - Reborn (2 Viewers)

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
I'm too lazy to look for the old Techno, Trance & House thread, so ill just start a new one.

Lots of good compilations and albums are out. Here are the ones I've got and my number of stars for them.

Armin van Buuren - A State of Trance 2004 (2CD) **** MUST BUY! First disk kicks ass. So far, the best trance compilation of the year.

Markus Schulz - Coldharbour Sessions 2004 (2CD) **** Great compilation with some awsome tracks.

Trance Energy 2004 (2CD) ** Bad mixing, but great tracks put together sloppily.

Airwave - I Want to Believe (2CD) *** Lots of awsome tunes. Lady Blue :thumb: Awsome track.

Those are the latest albums that I've bought. If you want the tracklistings, just ask me.

I can't wait for Tiesto's second artist album to be released in mid-may. Its going to be awsome. I've already heard Love Comes Again, Adaigo for Strings, Nyana, Traffic and they're all AWSOME! Download some of the those singles and tell me what you think.

Tunes of the week:

Solid Globe - Sahara
Airwave - Lady Blue
Oceanlab - Satellite (Original Above And Beyond Remix)
Robert Nickson - Spiral

;) Those are all from Armin's ASOT 2004 :D Awsome album, get it NOW!

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    News Update with ATB. He has a new single. It is called Marrakech, and I have downloaded a number of remixes. I'm not sure if the single is officially released yet. His album will be released some time in May too.

OP

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    ++ [ originally posted by Dj Juve ] ++
    he....he came....

:broken:

now...he's.....gone :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:
    Gone?

His last album Nyana was amazing, and his recent singles are some of the best I've heard. Not to mention the amazing live-sets hes doing around the world. He went on a tour to South Africa, South America and so on just a couple of months ago. This guy is on fire, and either him or AvB will win the DJ Mag top DJ of the year.

OP

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #8
    If it could "Just Be" true, that the album was there yet....

Well, the waiting is coming to an end, almost. On the 18th of may, the album will be released in the netherlands and the rest of the world is soon to follow. In this special newsletter we will tell you all you want to know about "Just Be". Do you know which tracks will be on it and how long these tracks will be? Do you know whos vocals are featuring in every song? We will tell you and we'll try to describe every track on the album a bit for you, so you will be a bit more prepared for what to expect when the album actually arrives in your CD player or on your recordplayer. Now we can hear you think; recordplayer??? Yes, recordplayer, because some people may be so lucky to get their hands on the very limited edition vinyl album samplers which will be released too. These album samplers will have 8 out of the original 10 tracks that are on the CD album.

So, may we present to you, "Just Be"!!!

Have fun reading,
    Black Hole Crew

Tiësto "Just Be"

It’s evident that with each passing year Tiësto continues to hone not only his DJ skills but his production skills too, as is made obvious with Just Be, his first original artist album since "In My Memory". The album was recorded over the fall of 2003 in Holland.

01 - Forever Today (12:03)

This epic opening track sets the overall tone for the album with a dark orchestral and cinematic feel. Co-produced by Geert Huinink (Magik Journey)

02 - Love Comes Again (vocals by BT)(8:11)

This time Tiësto teams up with LA-based Brian Transeau, BT for those who know what he’s been up to. Unlike other collaborations with fellow-producers, BT does not push any buttons, but actually provides the vocals for this innovative production. Tiësto has turned the song into a perfect mix of dancefloor sounds and mesmerizing melodies.

03 - Traffic (5:27)

The first single released in Europe hit the UK Top 40 and went straight to #1 in Holland, keeping Justin Timberlake off the top spot. A live favorite, traffic has become a signature anthem for Tiësto in clubs worldwide.

04 - Sweet Misery (vocals by Joanne Lloyd) (7:35)

Tiësto took one foot off the dancefloor with this haunting, powerfull song (co-written by the Nashville songwriting team of Jo Lloyd and Dan Muckala) and turned it into a driving, filmic track.

05 - Nyana (6:46)

This song first appeared on the mix CD of the same title and reappears here in it’s original unmixed form for the first time.

06 - UR (6:01)

One of the album’s down tempo moments, perfect for after hours chill-out sessions. Features Matt Hales (a.k.a. Aqualung), an up and coming singer-songwriter from the UK who came to Tiësto’s attention with his hit-single, strange and beautiful.

07 - Walking On Clouds (7:29)

Longtime collaborator Kirsty Hawkshaw (Opus 3) appears once again with Tiësto as she delivers the soaring top line over a track co-written and co-produced by Josh Gabriel (Motorcycle and Gabriel & Dresden)

08 - A Tear In The Open (9:24)

Tiësto visits gaelic grounds with this haunting epic tune, which lyrics reflect a love long lost. A true track which recalls the golden era of trance.

09 - Just Be (8:46)

The title track embodies many of the hallmarks of this album. A classic dance floor anthem true to Tiësto’s club roots featuring a strong melody and haunting vocals form co-writer Kirsty Hawkshaw.

10 - Adagio for Strings (7:23)

Tiësto reinterpretation of Barber’s Adagio for Strings. A powerful close to the album and a highlight of the Tiësto live set around the world, Adagio was originally produced as an introduction for Tiësto In Concert.

Limited Vinyl Album Sampler

These are the tracks on the limited vinyl album sampler:

A. Forever Today
    B. Love Comes Again (vocals by BT)
    C. Traffic
    D. Nyana
    E. Walking On Clouds
    F. A Tear In The Open
    G. Just Be
    H. Adagio for Strings

All tracks on this very limited vinyl sampler are the long "uncut" versions of the tracks on the original album. All four vinyls of this sampler are in different colours.

Have you checked our Tiësto Online Merchandise Shop yet ?

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    Cheers persianmafia, I'll be buying that one :excited: particularly wanna finally get my hands on 'traffic' and hear his mix of barbers adagio for strings!

OP

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #11
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    Cheers persianmafia, I'll be buying that one :excited: particularly wanna finally get my hands on 'traffic' and hear his mix of barbers adagio for strings!
    I've heard some unreleased versions of his adagio for strings and its :thumb: Best remix of that classic song that I've heard. Cant wait for the actual release ;)

Rumour has it, that he might be releasing In Search of Sunrise 4, but nothing is official.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by PersianMafia ] ++
    I'm too lazy to look for the old Techno, Trance & House thread, so ill just start a new one.

Lots of good compilations and albums are out. Here are the ones I've got and my number of stars for them.

Armin van Buuren - A State of Trance 2004 (2CD) **** MUST BUY! First disk kicks ass. So far, the best trance compilation of the year.

Markus Schulz - Coldharbour Sessions 2004 (2CD) **** Great compilation with some awsome tracks.

Trance Energy 2004 (2CD) ** Bad mixing, but great tracks put together sloppily.

Airwave - I Want to Believe (2CD) *** Lots of awsome tunes. Lady Blue :thumb: Awsome track.

Those are the latest albums that I've bought. If you want the tracklistings, just ask me.

I can't wait for Tiesto's second artist album to be released in mid-may. Its going to be awsome. I've already heard Love Comes Again, Adaigo for Strings, Nyana, Traffic and they're all AWSOME! Download some of the those singles and tell me what you think.

Tunes of the week:

Solid Globe - Sahara
    Airwave - Lady Blue
    Oceanlab - Satellite (Original Above And Beyond Remix)
    Robert Nickson - Spiral

;) Those are all from Armin's ASOT 2004 :D Awsome album, get it NOW!
    Hey bro, if you could rank the tunes from "Trance Energy 2004" so that I knew which ones to download (very slow connection over here)

01. svenson - sunlight theory
    02. dj cor fijneman feat. anita kelsey - healing
    03. delerium - truly (signum rmx)
    04. andain - beautiful things
    05. three drives - signs from the universe
    06. bas van veen - total recall
    07. scott bond vs. solar stone - naked angel (mark norman remix)
    08. michael woods - solex (close to the edge)
    09. oceanlab - satellite
    10. blank & jones feat. robert smith - a forrest (ron van den beuken remix)
    11. nu nrg - connective
    12. g&m project - sunday afternoon (m.o.r.p.h. remix)
    13. airscape - sosei (johan gielen remix)
    14. mark norman - rush
    15. jowan - front loaded
    16. slash - hypnotize (dave 202 & phil green mix)

01. conjure one - center of the sun (junkie xl remix)
    02. jaydee - plastic dreams
    03. mike heart - sex machine
    04. dj jose - hecitate (mac zimms remix)
    05. niels de vries - ladies & gentleman : "we've got 'em"
    06. dirt devils - music is life
    07. lost brothers - cry little sister
    08. jules & raoul - progress
    09. mike robbins - are you a freak
    10. artic quest - raygun
    11. ferry corsten - right of way
    12. joop - sonsuz
    13. woody van eyden - unfinished symphony (fanuki remix)
    14. rank1 - symsonic (dumonde mix)
    15. marcel woods - time`s running out (no-tech-no-trance mix)

Where do you buy these compilations? Ever used euromusicworld.com? If you download them, which resource do you use?

I find this an EXCELLENT thread. It would be great if you guys could update on the new good tracks...

Stephañho!

Aug 1, 2002
    Best trance tunes of the moment IMO:

Trancescape - Producelast
    Ron Van Den Beuken - Overdrive
    Airwave - My Lady Blue
    LMC vs U2 - Take Me To The Clouds Above

An older house track which I adore: Armand Van Helden - Entra En Mi Casa

OP

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #16
    ++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++

Hey bro, if you could rank the tunes from "Trance Energy 2004" so that I knew which ones to download (very slow connection over here)

Where do you buy these compilations? Ever used euromusicworld.com? If you download them, which resource do you use?

I find this an EXCELLENT thread. It would be great if you guys could update on the new good tracks...
    I buy a lot of my albums, and the ones that I download, well its not appropiate to state the source here. Send me a PM or something and I'll give you some pointers ;)

About the tracks on that CD, its 2 am here and i gotta wake up for soccer tomorrow, but Ill give you ratings on those songs soon. It really depends on what kind of trance you like. Tell me a couple of songs you like and Ill give you some similar genre track names.

OP

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #18
    C'mon people! Keep this thread alive! ;)

Tune of the Week: Matt Darey - Nocturnal Delight (Original Mix)

Great song, reminds me of the Robert Miles classics of the 90s.

OP

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #20
    My Review of Tiesto's new artist album. Track by track review:

01 - Forever Today - 4 Stars - A great opener with a nice orchestral introduction. The end of the song is amazing and is trance at its finest. The track is a little lengthy, so its gets a little boring after a few listens, but awsome production work by Tiesto.

02 - Love Comes Again (vocals by BT) - 3.5 Stars - One of the most anticipated songs of the album. Its a great vocal track and is already a huge hit and played by DJs worldwide. A little too monotoned for me, but great track.

03 - Traffic - 4 Stars - Great track. Get it if you dont have it. This track shows Tiesto's true hard style trance. Catchy yet simple melody.

04 - Sweet Misery (vocals by Joanne Lloyd) - 5 Stars - Amazing vocal/chill track. Awsome bassline with nice effects and great vocals. Get it if your a vocal fan. My favourite together with Nyana. many might disagree about my 5 stars, but I love this track!

05 - Nyana - 5 Stars - Great trance track. A little old for the Tiesto fans, but good thing he finallly released it. One of my fav tracks, hence 5 star.

06 - UR - 3 star - Weakest tarck on the album. More rock/popish, but good to know that Tiesto is exploring different genres. Dont get me wrong, its a great track, but kinda random considering this is a mostly trance album.

07 - Walking On Clouds - 4.5 Stars - Awsome vocal track with a very nice bassline.

08 - A Tear In The Open - 4 Stars - A nice classic trance track with a very classic sounding opening vocals.

09 - Just Be - 3.5 Stars - Good track, but a little too poppy/cheese trance.

10 - Adagio for Strings - 5 Stars - AMAZING!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)