Nedved has unfinished business (1 Viewer)

Juve_7

Apr 5, 2004
A good remark from neved to the press, but i wonder if he is seriuose about it
"Juventus wing engine Pavel Nedved has continued his fight against transfer rumours, saying he doesn’t want to leave the Delle Alpi without raising Champions’ League silver.
"I still have two more years of contract with Juventus," said the European Footballer of the Year. "There is no need to talk to the directors about my future.”

”I want to win the Champions’ League here,” declared Nedved. “Last year's final still burns, especially to me, because I had to miss it due to suspension."

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
I am sure Nedved wants to stay. But I think that his possible transfer is beyond his control.

It is up to the management to decide whether 1. We keep him and 2. We sell him and use the cash to get someone else.

This year the club has a $22 million debt and we are out of the CL on an early stage (less money from UEFA), which complicates the transfer game.

Things should clear out fairly soon though.

OP
Juve_7

Juve_7

Apr 5, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3
    I really hope he stays though, i think that this guy's bad season was not solely his mistake as the hall team was having a bad form, and he will surely deliver when we are up and running again.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Juve_7 ] ++
    I really hope he stays though, i think that this guy's bad season was not solely his mistake as the hall team was having a bad form, and he will surely deliver when we are up and running again.
    I very much agree! Vast majority of our squad is like that- you point at anyone- he is playing much worse than last year.

But Moggi's perspective is different. He is thinking strategically. Nedved is a golden ball winner and, if he shines in Portugal this summer, this will increase his market price. Two summers ago Moggi bought Thuram, Nedved and Buffon on Zidane's money. I wouldn't be surprised if something like that happened this year as well.

OP
    Juve_7

Juve_7

Apr 5, 2004
  • Thread Starter #6
    I think that you are right ...if his price rises after Euro 04 this is what moggi will be doing .... the only thing we can hope for is him getting the right replacement ...like he did with Zidan -- Nedved

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by simpson-juvefan ] ++
    i think if we would get a good replacement and a lot of money why not selling him??
    That's the point- we don't know the details.
    I've told Moggi several times to discuss all his deals at juventuz forums before he does anything, but he declined :D

OP
    Juve_7

Juve_7

Apr 5, 2004
  • Thread Starter #9
    I would hate seeing him leave too ... did so much to Juve and a great player indeed.
    This Moggi is always like this never listens :D
    no but seriously who do you think can he get to replace him .....or will he be solving our problems in the backline on the expense of our Midfeild since we have Maresca as a growing force there ?

OP
    Juve_7

Juve_7

Apr 5, 2004
  • Thread Starter #12
    ++ [ originally posted by sIAMO nOI jUVE! ] ++
    I am glad he wants to stay and is eager to win the CL with us
    ya same here ... i mean on top of all the good football he gives us this guy is obviously as loyal as can be

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    i won't be so quick to say that...if chelsea or some other club make a good bid(in excess of 20m) then i don't see why we shouldn't sell him.

another thing we must all keep in mind is that selling neddy to chelsea will most probably open up rosicky for us:)

OP
    Juve_7

Juve_7

Apr 5, 2004
  • Thread Starter #15
    ++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
    i won't be so quick to say that...if chelsea or some other club make a good bid(in excess of 20m) then i don't see why we shouldn't sell him.

another thing we must all keep in mind is that selling neddy to chelsea will most probably open up rosicky for us:)
    as i said before I totally agree to selling ONLY if we get a proper replacement ...and rosicky sounds good to me

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++
    i'm very glad that nedved feels himself like bianconero...
    Yes, I also think that Nedved is very loyal, and unless he is TOLD to leave he would not do it. And many would do the same thing in his situation- he is not young to start everything anew, especially in another country.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Pendir ] ++

Yes, I also think that Nedved is very loyal, and unless he is TOLD to leave he would not do it. And many would do the same thing in his situation- he is not young to start everything anew, especially in another country.
    i think nedved is a very loved player.

he is loyal as you said,he has determination and passion,and smg also very important,he might be a star but he does't act like a superstar or what.
    he is very quite person and that's smg everyone sees

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Juve_7 ] ++
    I would hate seeing him leave too ... did so much to Juve and a great player indeed.
    This Moggi is always like this never listens :D
    no but seriously who do you think can he get to replace him .....or will he be solving our problems in the backline on the expense of our Midfeild since we have Maresca as a growing force there ?
    Well, we currently have Tacchinardi, Nedved, Maresca, Camoranesi and Appiah to play in the midfield. To me that would be enough (as long as Nedved is with us). I like Maresca, I hope he grows and continues to develop professionaly.

So if we buy let's say two young promising defenders (Mexes and Ferrari for example), that coupled with what we already have: Legrottaglie, Thuram, Birindelli, Tudor, Ferrara, Fresi, Pesotto would make a solid back side.

OP
    Juve_7

Juve_7

Apr 5, 2004
  • Thread Starter #20
    ++ [ originally posted by Pendir ] ++

Well, we currently have Tacchinardi, Nedved, Maresca, Camoranesi and Appiah to play in the midfield. To me that would be enough (as long as Nedved is with us). I like Maresca, I hope he grows and continues to develop professionaly.

So if we buy let's say two young promising defenders (Mexes and Ferrari for example), that coupled with what we already have: Legrottaglie, Thuram, Birindelli, Tudor, Ferrara, Fresi, Pesotto would make a solid back side.
    tottaly agree with you that if we solve our problems in the back line without the need to let him go we should never sell him ...... he has come a long way with Juve and deserves to win the CL with us

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)