juventus spies at marseille to observe drogba (1 Viewer)

allrounder

Jan 3, 2003
for the next season juventus are following didier drogba, 26 years bomber of olympique marseille. the ivorian, who scored one of two goals who secured a win at lyon, will be observed on thursday against inter in uefa cup. the french side "gotten" ( -}get in participe) an offer from giancarlo corradini, membre of lippis technical team. drogba is bound until 2008, but he could be released to save the economic problems of the club....

Buy on AliExpress.com

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
channel4

The latest speculation suggests David Trezeguet is unhappy with Juve’s offer of £2.2m a season - that has alerted the interested Barcelona.

If he does leave then his place may be taken by Marseille striker Didier Drogba. Juve scouts will assess his performance against Inter in the UEFA Cup this week.

Jul 28, 2002
drogba is a very good player imo, considerably more mobile than trez, but also better aerial ability, one area i believe he may lack when compared to trez is general finishing tecnique...he has been known to miss a few sitters.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
I don't see anything fancy in Drogba. I think he's heavily overrated. In this year's CL campaign he scored in the first couple of games and then didn't show much.

Jul 28, 2002
if u watch him u see he has considerabel on the ball skill, but also great pace....a risky buy , but could turn out to be a world class player.

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
Only thing worries me is his first touch which seems to lack a bit, and that can easily turn out to be a crucial weakness as he will have no space in serie-a.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
I think he is very good ,always moving ,good both in head and feet ,he will be a very good replacement ,plus i think we can get him in low price.

Mar 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Togon ] ++
Only thing worries me is his first touch which seems to lack a bit, and that can easily turn out to be a crucial weakness as he will have no space in serie-a.
First touch is not what we lack of.....we need opposite....a player who can keep the ball...go for the cross sometime....do anything else than first touch.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++
First touch is not what we lack of.....we need opposite....a player who can keep the ball...go for the cross sometime....do anything else than first touch.
No mate, I think you've got it wrong. When he says that Drogba has a poor first touch, he means that when he first contacts the ball it gets away from him a bit, he does not control the ball well the first time he touches it. That means that he's not going to be able to keep the ball because the defenders will step up and take it every time.

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

No mate, I think you've got it wrong. When he says that Drogba has a poor first touch, he means that when he first contacts the ball it gets away from him a bit, he does not control the ball well the first time he touches it. That means that he's not going to be able to keep the ball because the defenders will step up and take it every time.
Thx for the explanation, thats exactly what I mean.

haveto ask you again, is that ajax's Sneijder in your avatar? I rate him very-very high.

Jul 12, 2002
Thx for the explanation, thats exactly what I mean.

haveto ask you again, is that ajax's Sneijder in your avatar? I rate him very-very high.
Yes, it is Sneijder. And I also rate him highly. I just can't imagine why Koemen doesn't play him in midfield with VDV and Pienaar.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Because he's overrated ;).

The real reason is because Koeman thinks Sneijder can't play with VDV, according to Koeman they pass too much too each other.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++
Because he's overrated ;).

The real reason is because Koeman thinks Sneijder can't play with VDV, according to Koeman they pass too much too each other.
Yeah, I know...I don't like that excuse because I like to see them passing to each other, but hopefully Sneijder will do well when VDV leaves this summer.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++
And why is that a bad thing!? Sure, if they only saw each other on the pitch and tried ridiculous passes to each other, it'd be annoying, but if they can keep possession, having two players who link up great together is a huge blessing

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Sneijder is a DMF/CMF and RMF with the neceassary skills to be an omf.

-Graham, they constantyly try to find each other. I'm not a huge fan of both VDV and Sneijder but i can't deny their skills. It's just a waste to just field one of the two. Although this has been improved for some time now, they're playing together regularly. It's not a big issue anymore.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Excellent point! I agree...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)