who thinks we shud use 5-3-2? (2 Viewers)

Mikey-DelPiero

Apr 4, 2004
as our defence is becoming more and more...well,crap! lol i think we need more support eg 5-3-2. we need o buy another strong defender that is good under presure and has experiance,not necessarily like a 30 yr old but just some1 that can manage a tackle and not hack eg montero but who here agrees with me that we need to sack lippi,sell trezeguet and buy a strong defender for a 5-3-2 formation?:cheesy:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jul 28, 2002
never really liked the strict 5-3-2 but maybe a 3-2-3-2

---------------------Gigi----------------------------------

-------Ferrara-----Monty--Legro---------------------

Thuram----------------------------------Zambo-------

--------------enzo---Tac--Neddy-----------------

------------------------------Dp----------------------

-----------trez-------------------------------------------

But we have no right winger....lilian is a stop gap....dont say camo cos he cant defend.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I don't think we'd score enough goals. We can't rely too much on Thuram and Zambro to gallop down the wings creating our attacks, so our attacks would probably become predictable, since we'd play largely down the middle of the park.

Mar 14, 2004
That is an old system that croatia used to get to 3. place in WC in France 98. Gotta have tremendeously creative midfield,special full-backs that can run all day and that shooting is no problem for them......that are the things we lack so forget it

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
i'm all for the 3-2-3-2 as long as the 3 advanced mids are given alot of width.

5-3-2 seems a little extreme for me.

Jul 28, 2002
4-4-2

-----------------------Gigi-----------------------------------

Thruam---Lego------Monty-------Rambo----------

------------Enzo----Tac--------Appiah-------------

----------------------Neddy-------------------------

--------------------------------Miccoli---------------

-------------DYO-----------------------------------

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
too defensive for my tastes....if we can't keep a clean sheet we might as well adopt the 'you score 9 i'll score 10' mentality.;)

so not lippi:D

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Well technically speaking yesterday we started out with a 5-3-2 formation so that didn't really work, did it ?

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Our defense is crappy anyways, I see no point in 5-3-2.

I know this is off-topic, but In UEFA Fantasy Football I've always played a 4-4-2. Two matchdays ago I've switched to 3-5-2 and let me tell you, I have drastically increased my rankings :)

Jul 12, 2002
I think that a 5-3-2, if executed the right way would work wonders with this squad. By giving the central defenders another layer of protection, with a sweeper behind them, it will take pressure off of them and Buffon. All of our attacking play already comes from Zambrotta, so he'll still be good going down the left, and I think that Birindelli should be played on the right, because he can cross and he's fast-ish. With a decently attacking midfield, like: Appiah, Camo, Nedved, we'd have some power going forward.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
it doesnt matter when none of your defenders are good anymore. we might as well not have a defence and try and outscore the opposition.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)