Gilardino Going Nowhere.... (1 Viewer)

JUVESUPPORTER

Aug 25, 2003
Parma boss Cesare Prandelli is confident that he will still have Alberto Gilardino at his disposal next term.

The Under-21 international has been linked with a number of clubs but the Coach is confident that the striker is going nowhere.

"I think he will remain where he is," stated Prandelli. "He has great potential and I believe it will be best for him to take things slowly.

"He needs to take one step at a time because when you get to the top there is the possibility that you may slip."

The former Piacenza hitman has been heavily linked with Juventus. Yet he too seems to have his eyes on a Parma stay.

"I want to thank Prandelli for the faith that he has shown in me this season," said the Azzurrini star.

"I am more than happy at Parma. I would love to remain at this club but we’ll just have to wait and see."

The Tardini outfit could be forced to sell given their financial problems after the collapse of major backers Parmalat.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Letting him stay at Parma for one more season is probably better for him and therefore better for us anyways...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
bah...parma don't have the money to keep anyone at the club.all juve has to do is step in with a bid and he's ours.
True. They need money badly.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
well, if he doesnt join, then i believe that Cavenaghi will. we have many strikers linked to us right now. we have been linked to gilardino, zlatan, cavenaghi, vieri and even morientes recently.

moggi wants to keep di vaio so i'm guessing he'll buy a young star as his understudy.

i really dont want vieri...i think his body is coming to an end now.

Len

Feb 13, 2004
It can't be confirmed.....
Even though he doesn't leave, we still have other alternatives such as Zlatan, Corradi, Cavenaghi........

arc

Mar 11, 2004
i prefer

1. cavenaghi (as long as the bid includes salas)
2. zlatan
3. morientes
4. gilardino (why not, if the bid isnt much)
5. vieri (he is good, but i dont like him at all)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I agree with your list, but I'd put Gilardino on the same level with Zlatan. I have my reservations about Morientes. Call me a xenophobe, but like many Serie A fans, I don't trust Spaniards

Jul 12, 2002
The media would have you believe that Ferrari is all but ours...However, I think that it'll be more difficult than that.

Mar 14, 2004
Hey.....I just remembered yesterday..........we all praise Gila cuz he is proven...he scores in Parma and all that......but DYO scored much more in Parma.....and much more impessive goals he scored but he sucks now........where are guaranties that same thing wont happen with Gila?

Jul 28, 2002
imo dyo, to get him playing well is very simple.....he appears to be a confidence player, if lippi or didier make him number 1 striker, and support him constantly, we will get the old dyo....like the amazing one at parma...but being trez's and dp's understudy probably pisses him off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)