If Lippi goes... (1 Viewer)

Square

Oct 6, 2002
would tachinardi still be guaranteed a place in the starting eleven?

last season he was really good. stopping passes and tackling well. even providing assists and good through balls, eg. against brescia where del piero scored that volley.

yet with appiah coming of age [he will, every player takes a season to settle at juve, such as thuram and nedved] and maresca who can both tackle well. is there such a need?

if lippi goes, will there be a need for a holding midfielder like tach who sits there in the middle?

this season hes been dissapointing and i think last season was a flash in the pan for him. which is dissapointing because ive waited years for him to come of age, back to when he as 21.

plus if he leaves/takes a back seat it will free a much needed role in the middle.

yet at the same time i cant imagine him leaving juve.

important to this is what deschamps plays with, as its most likely him afer lippi. what formation does he use?

Buy on AliExpress.com

desireless

Sep 16, 2003
I think Tachi will no longer be in Juve next season. If Lippi still in charge for 04-05, well most of the old players will be out. I am suspecting that Lippi wants to develop short passes and fast movements play like the end of last season and beginnning of this season. To do that he needs young players.

Imo, Tachi will be a good addition to Brescia, and most probably Lippi & Moggi will either bring Brighi back to Juve or Metuzalem. Well that is my hope..... :frown:

OP
Square

Square

Oct 6, 2002
  • Thread Starter #9
    same here. im actually hoping very much that tach leaves.

he adds little to the play and we can have a much better midfielder in there.

having a player like him there it restricts what you can do in a formation.

Sparty

Mar 17, 2004
    Why everybody wants Deschamps so badly...he does not have imo the experience necessary to lead Juve. Even Platini said so. Honestly for me a coach that deserves to coach Juve is Del Neri.
    Look at what he has done with Chievo. This year he had a really mediocre team and despite all he still managed to place them in the middle of the table with chances to get a spot in UEFA and to almost win at san siro against Milan something that Juve with all the players far superior to Chievo couldn't even do at home against them.

For me no doubt. If Lippi goes Del Neri is the right choice.

Sparty

Mar 17, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by desireless ] ++
    I think Tachi will no longer be in Juve next season. If Lippi still in charge for 04-05, well most of the old players will be out. I am suspecting that Lippi wants to develop short passes and fast movements play like the end of last season and beginnning of this season. To do that he needs young players.

Imo, Tachi will be a good addition to Brescia, and most probably Lippi & Moggi will either bring Brighi back to Juve or Metuzalem. Well that is my hope..... :frown:
    well if you look it that way then I can say that even Del Piero could go with Tacchinardi to Brescia.

Muha

The Head Physio
    Feb 25, 2004
    i think tachhi will stay in his place even if Lippi goes .... although appiah can take tachhi's role, but still, the left wing will be empty unless they bring someone who can take appiah's place (which was Davids' place ---i miss him---)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Tacchi should stay. He's better than any of our other defensive midfielders, and if there's a player that has grinta and that Juve spirit, Tacchi is that player imo.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    tacchinardi is also limited and doesnt offer what other DM do for other teams. Vieira, Emerson, Pirlo, Xavi for example...all players who do what tacchinardi does except they are better passes, they have better general skill and they offer more offensively.

right now, our midfield suffers because tacchinardi offers nothing more than defensiveness, while nedved isnt creative, and it only leaves us with a hot and cold camoranesi and maresca who does add something, but he still isnt the great at creating.

i think it all depends on formation next season. with players like Kapo joining and maybe even another creative midfielder, we may see a change of formation. i'm thinking the 4-4-2 may be in thought again.

i only see tacchinardi getting a game if juve plays with 3 at the back or in our current system where an anchor is needed.

i still believe that Maresca can play his role and would be better. all he needs is a chance to prove himself there.

unfortunately, if lippi stays, i dont see a transition occuring as such. he has his little bum boys at the club and he'll persist with them.

OP
    Square

Square

Oct 6, 2002
  • Thread Starter #20
    exactly. compare our holding midfielder with romas; emerson. he can pass and create plays. he can do through balls.

what about milans; pirlo.
    or arsenals; vieira.

i also think maresca can do that role, but he is much better in a more attacking position where he has more freedom.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)