Lippi ponders Juve exit (2 Viewers)

Juve100%

Feb 13, 2004
Lippi ponders Juve exit

Marcello Lippi insists that he will only consider his future with Juventus at the end of this season.

Speculation suggests that the tactician is on his way out but the Coach isn’t giving anything away.

"For now I’m thinking about ending this campaign," he said. "In June, I will meet with the club and we will decide what to do."

The former Napoli and Inter boss has been linked with the Italy job after the 2004 European Championships. And he’s keen on the idea.

"I would obviously like to take charge of the Azzurri at some point," he explained. "I don’t think there is any Coach that wouldn’t."

Lippi’s Juventus got back to winning ways on Sunday with a 3-1 win over Modena to go second in the Division.

"It is now our primary objective to end the season in second place," he added. "Even if we are keeping an eye on Milan too."

One of the architects behind the victory at the Delle Alpi was Enzo Maresca, who could be a real star of the next Juventus. "He is a player that will remain with us," concluded Lippi.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Juve100%

Juve100%

Feb 13, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3
    he's leaving, if he wasnt then he would just say so. i guess Deschamps has to come a year early

Len

Feb 13, 2004
    I dont really want him to leave...... but if its his choice, I wish him the best of luck with the Azzuri

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    this doesn't change anything.

lippi has already said,for the past 2 years,that he would like to coach the azzuri.

it doesn't make things better or worse.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Plus it would be really weird for an outside like Kapo who knows nothing about internal Juve politics to be the messenger to this piece of juicy news.

Sep 1, 2002
    Deschamps; well I can't think of another option really. Maybe he could bring Morientes to partner Trez: for sure he will not get rid of Trez.
    A gaelic fondue could be in the making: start with your base of Trezegol and the ever reliable spice Thuram, throw in a little Mexes and a little Kapo (ok but you know what I mean) add a dollop of Diop, and a little je ne sais quoi: voila! The beautiful game.

The new star to follow in the footsteps of Platini and Zizou would of course help.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    I prefer Rosicky instead of Diop and I still prefer DP to Morientes altough I wouldn`t mind to see Henry instead of DP

OP
    Juve100%

Juve100%

Feb 13, 2004
  • Thread Starter #12
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    Plus it would be really weird for an outside like Kapo who knows nothing about internal Juve politics to be the messenger to this piece of juicy news.
    the reason kapo know's a little about it is cause he is good friends with Deschamps, and im sure Deschamps knows more then what he's saying at the mo.

Lippi to National or even Chelsea
    Deschamps to Juve
    im pretty sure this will happen

julio1011

Mar 3, 2004
    and if trapatoni leaves azzurri and lippi takes over then there will be no more stupid starting 11, like trap choosing inzaghi or cassano instead of delpiero HAHAHA trapatoni is mad!
    Who decides the captaincy??????????
    if it's lippi then dp might be captain.

----------anyway this is IF LIPPI LEAVES JUVE.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by julio1011 ] ++
    if lippi leaves juve he'll go to the azzurri and win the WORLD CUP.
    Deschamps' Monaco is tied for top in France.
    Well then if Desche and Kapo are friends and DD told him that, I doubt Kapo would leak it to the press like that.

julio1011

Mar 3, 2004
    CHANNEL 4:
    Chelsea assess Italian duo Monday 29 March, 2004

Fabio Capello and Marcello Lippi are set to be targeted by Chelsea after Sven Goran Eriksson snubbed the English outfit.

The Swede, hotly tipped to take over from Claudio Ranieri next season, committed his future to the England national side by extending his contract until 2008.

That will seemingly now force the Stamford Bridge outfit to look elsewhere with Capello (pictured) and Lippi possible options.

Capello is tied to Roma until 2005 but the club’s uncertain future may see him quit the capital outfit.

The former Milan and Real Madrid boss has expressed an interest in moving abroad in the future and Chelsea would be a good solution.

Yet Juventus’ Lippi is also being associated as speculation regarding his future continues to fill newspapers.

The tactician, whose Turin deal expires in 2005, is being hotly tipped to leave Juventus after a disappointing campaign.

Many believe that he will replace Italy boss Giovanni Trapattoni after Euro 2004 but Abramovich’s millions could tempt him to England.

If Lippi does move to London, then he may also take Czech ace Pavel Nedved with him to the Premiership.

Abramovich’s millions could tempt him
    and this will have dollar signs on moggi's eyes too :greedy:

he may also take Czech ace Pavel Nedved with him to the Premiership.
    no! pavel will stay here in turin!!!!!!!!

Jul 12, 2002
    I don't think that Deschamps would come to Juve if Lippi left. DD still has time left on his contract, and he's not that experienced. I think it will be Del Neri.

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++
    I don't think that Deschamps would come to Juve if Lippi left. DD still has time left on his contract, and he's not that experienced. I think it will be Del Neri.
    come to think of it,why not mancini. he's not so happy in rome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)