Juve prepare Samuel swoop (1 Viewer)

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
Juventus are said to be eyeing up Walter Samuel and Fernando Cavenaghi to kick-start their new-look squad next season.

The defence has been the main weak point for the Bianconeri this year and reinforcements re needed for their ageing back line.

Although Parma youngsters Matteo Ferrari and Daniele Bonera are the main targets, it is now reported that a swoop is being prepared for Walter Adrian Samuel.

The 26-year-old Roma star has been very impressive since arriving from Argentina and could be sold off in order to help cut their debts.

Real Madrid were previously linked to the defender, but Juventus could leap in with a bid first.

It is believed that young talents such as Matteo Brighi, Manuele Blasi and Giuseppe Sculli – all owned by the Bianconeri but currently on loan to other clubs – could be used as part of the deal.

Meanwhile, the long-standing links between Juventus and Fernando Cavenaghi could be about to take an important step forward.

“If Juventus sigh Cavenaghi then it will certainly not be a mistake,” assures former Bianconeri star and South American talent scout Omar Sivori.

“He is still only 20 years old, but already scored 49 goals in 79 games with River Plate. I don’t think there’s another young striker like him in the world right now.”

A new forward is expected to arrive as a replacement for the Barcelona-bound David Trezeguet in the summer.

“If Trezeguet does leave,” continued Sivori, “then Cavenaghi would be an excellent substitute. He is physically strong and has an EC passport as his grandfather is Italian.”

now doesnt this news puts a big smile on your face :D ... hope it comes true

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
What the hell is going on? Walter Samuel? He would be a great signing, but do we want him? He is from the team I hate the most in Serie A, Roma. This is big news, if not just rumors. Where did you get this from?

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Ramin ] ++
Juventus are said to be eyeing up Walter Samuel and Fernando Cavenaghi to kick-start their new-look squad next season.

The defence has been the main weak point for the Bianconeri this year and reinforcements re needed for their ageing back line.

Although Parma youngsters Matteo Ferrari and Daniele Bonera are the main targets, it is now reported that a swoop is being prepared for Walter Adrian Samuel.

The 26-year-old Roma star has been very impressive since arriving from Argentina and could be sold off in order to help cut their debts.

Real Madrid were previously linked to the defender, but Juventus could leap in with a bid first.

It is believed that young talents such as Matteo Brighi, Manuele Blasi and Giuseppe Sculli – all owned by the Bianconeri but currently on loan to other clubs – could be used as part of the deal.

Meanwhile, the long-standing links between Juventus and Fernando Cavenaghi could be about to take an important step forward.

“If Juventus sigh Cavenaghi then it will certainly not be a mistake,” assures former Bianconeri star and South American talent scout Omar Sivori.

“He is still only 20 years old, but already scored 49 goals in 79 games with River Plate. I don’t think there’s another young striker like him in the world right now.”

A new forward is expected to arrive as a replacement for the Barcelona-bound David Trezeguet in the summer.

“If Trezeguet does leave,” continued Sivori, “then Cavenaghi would be an excellent substitute. He is physically strong and has an EC passport as his grandfather is Italian.”

now doesnt this news puts a big smile on your face :D ... hope it comes true
Certainly Roma need to sell players, but they won't. Juventus need to buy an experienced capable central defender, but we won't. Roma will never sell Samuel to Juventus, because of the bad blood between the two clubs. At least there is some encouraging news about Cavenaghi...

Len

Feb 13, 2004
But I'd love to see both of them at Juve though
Samuel is experienced and awesome in the Serie A, while Cavenaghi is soooo promising

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
samuel in for blasi, brighi and sculli is fine by me. samuel is what we need. a world class defender who is only 26 years of age. add to this ferrari and mexes, and i think we have a solid defence for many seasons to come.

cavenaghi would be great to get. cash plus salas would be perfect.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
samuel in for blasi, brighi and sculli is fine by me. samuel is what we need. a world class defender who is only 26 years of age. add to this ferrari and mexes, and i think we have a solid defence for many seasons to come.

cavenaghi would be great to get. cash plus salas would be perfect.
Great! Add to this Henry, Van der Vaart and Aimar, and we are Real Madrid!:D

It can't be Mexes + Ferrari + Samuel! Thats much too expensive! Not even Chelski could afford that!

Sep 1, 2002
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++

It can't be Mexes + Ferrari + Samuel! Thats much too expensive! Not even Chelski could afford that!
Don't be silly. Real Madrid are renowned for not having a defence.

Amiar is just what we need, most definately not both him and Van der Vaart.

Finacally it would be better as well. At least for me, as his name is cheaper to have out on one's shirt.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Chelsea could easily afford that, it would cost about €50m tops and they have a wealth of about €200bn or so!

As for those who've said "Samuel is great but we don't want him in Juve" I really am left speechless by comments to the extent that you'd reject the best centre back on the planet because he plays for Roma! :dazed:

Of course its unlikely to happen, Roma have to sell but the chances are an ambitious club will step in before Moggi gets anywhere close...thats the way it seems to be at the moment

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
As for those who've said "Samuel is great but we don't want him in Juve" I really am left speechless by comments to the extent that you'd reject the best centre back on the planet because he plays for Roma!
I agree! I don't care who he plays for now - what real difference does that make? :confused: If he's a great player then what else matters?

Shame I can't ever see it happening:frown:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++

rubbish!! ferrari and mexes are not going to cost an arm and leg. remember the market value is low these days. as for van der vaart or aimar, the key would be to sell trez and nedved. with that cash, we could buy all three defenders plus a playmaker and striker.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)