Van Der Vaart to Juve? (1 Viewer)

Juve100%

Feb 13, 2004
Juve eye van der Vaart swoop

by Paul Higham
Juventus are lining up a summer switch for Dutch maestro Rafael van der Vaart as a possible replacement for Pavel Nedved.
The Turin giants are bracing themselves for the possible departure of the Czech Republic star, who has been one of their best players throughout a disappointing season.

Should Nedved leave, Marcelo Lippi would opt for a swoop for Ajax's young star van der Vaart.

The 21-year-old is one of the hottest properties around Europe and is not expected to remain at the Amsterdam ArenA beyond the season.

"If after this season, the right offer was made to the club, then I would look at it," said van der Vaart.

"In the past, it has happened a lot with the young champions, from the immense Johan Cruyff to my friend van der Meyde.

"I will build up my experience by having a career at a large foreign club."

Van der Vaart's contract expires in 2006 but he has a clause which says he can leave this season if Ajax agree on a fee for him.

He has previously stated that he would love a move to Spain, where his mother was born, and especially Barcelona.

Juve would provide another option for him should an offer come in and he would then have to decide if he fancies plying his trade in Serie A.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Aug 1, 2003
I dunno if he can 'replace' Nedved. He's a good player and all but he wasn't the person I had in mind to replace Nedved. But he's still a good player. PLEASE let him come to Juve.

OP
Juve100%

Juve100%

Feb 13, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4
    well Moggi said today that Nedved and Trezeguet will not be sold, so if thats true then i dont see Juve getting Van Der Vaart

Gogeta

Jan 20, 2004
    Naa I'm only joking you can't leave a talent like that on the bench prime example is kaka look at him now he IMO is the driving force for milan and he is young and very talented. So in all truth a move to milan wouldn't be the best for Van der vaart

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    As with any news item, a source would be much welcome. I'd be absolutely bloody stoked if we got Van der Vaart

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Ignore my previous post: I mixed up planetfootball with tribalfootball... I just checked out the SkySports site and it looks pretty creditable. Getting VDV would be brilliant, but if he heads to Spain I'd be willing to settle for Fiore, Diego or Rosicky.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    Again a stupid rumour! It would be nice to have Van der Vaart at Juve, but he will go to Britain! ManU or Chelski will get him, and we won't spend big on a 21 year old player, who IMO is not a Serie A footballer!

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
    VDV is class a would looooove to see him in b/w, and since this year ajax wasnt so good in CL I think he is not so trendy player as he was a year ago. I think he wont join Chelsky cause too many good players are there and he dont want to end up sitting on the bench+ imo some players found Chelsky too unpredictable cause the style of the one man leadership. Btw I would choose Wesley Sneijder, a real fast and tricky winger with good crossing and huge shot. Imo we need a reliable winger it would help our creative play a lot. (I know it makes me an object of laugh but I think VD Meyde would do a great job for us, he was class in ajax, he started well in Milan, but than Inter virus infected him as it happened to a lot of players before)

julio1011

Mar 3, 2004
    he CANNOT replace nedved......if i had to choose vander vaart or nedved I CHOOSE NEDVED!
    however if juve could buy him to play alongside pavel then we are ON!

Soccerage: VAN DER VAART FANCIES SERIE A MOVE
    03/26/2004 Ajax winger Rafael van der Vaart says a move to Serie A appeals.

"If after the European championships my club decides to sell me, then I will accept it," he said.

"As in the past, I will try to succeed like the champions here before, such as Johan Cruyff and my good friend Andy van der Meyde.

"I will try to build a career at a great foreign club and I'm confident I could be successful in Serie A."

OP
    Juve100%

Juve100%

Feb 13, 2004
  • Thread Starter #18
    how much of that is true, soccerage!!!

well i would like to see him play alongside Nedved, and maybe a year or two after that he'll take over Nedveds place

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Van der Vart Fancies Serie A MOve:

03/26/2004. Ajax winger Rafael van der Vaart says a move to Serie A appeals.

"If after the European championships my club decides to sell me, then I will accept it," he said.

"As in the past, I will try to succeed like the champions here before, such as Johan Cruyff and my good friend Andy van der Meyde.

"I will try to build a career at a great foreign club and I'm confident I could be successful in Serie A."
    SA Italy

Soccerage.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lippi would be crazy if he doesnt do a bit for him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)