Torres to Juve? (1 Viewer)

Juve100%

Feb 13, 2004
Torres says he'll go if it helps

by Nadia Carminati
Juventus are the latest club being linked with Atletico Madrid star Fernando Torres.
Atletico revealed last week to skysports.com that they have no intention of selling their much sought after star, after Premiership champions Manchester United were linked with the Spain international, as well as European kings Milan.

The 19-year-old is the club's prized-asset but with their precarious financial situation in mind, he has sparked fresh rumours by revealing he would be ready to move to help Atletico out.

"If it would help out the club, I'll leave," said the hit-man. "If it helped out the club financially then I will swap jerseys."

However, a self-confessed Atletico fan, Torres said he would not leave to join another Spanish club and voiced his preference for a move to Serie A.

"But I will not leave for a Spanish club," he added. "I would never face the team that I was born in while in the same league.

"I would be better off going to Italy to Milan or Juventus. They are ambitious and well organised clubs.

"But they will have to talk to Atletico because I won't do anything behind their back.

"Anyway, I'd like to spend my whole career in the red and white jersey."

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Juve100%

Juve100%

Feb 13, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2
    all this time i've been saying not to sell Trezeguet.

forget Ibro, Gilardino etc. lets get this man Torres, what a great player and at the young age of 19.

Moggi go and talk to atletico NOW, cause the players seems interested.

OP
    Juve100%

Juve100%

Feb 13, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4
    Torres drops Italian hint

Spanish starlet Fernando Torres says he would move to Serie A if he was forced to leave Atletico Madrid.

The 19-year-old is one of the hottest properties in European football which has seen him linked with a host of top clubs.

Although Atletico have stated on more than one occasion that the striker is not for sale, Torres has left the door open for his departure.

"I would leave here if it would help the club financially," said the youngster. "I would wear another shirt if that helped the club."

Juventus and Milan have been heavily associated with the player recently and a move abroad appeals to the international.

"I wouldn’t join another Spanish team," said the Atletico fan. "I would never be able to play against the team in which I was born.

"It would be a better option for me to move to Milan or Juventus in Italy. They are ambitious and also well organised clubs.

"However, they will have to talk to Atletico and not me if they are interested. If it was up to me then I would stay here for life."

OP
    Juve100%

Juve100%

Feb 13, 2004
  • Thread Starter #6
    if you never heard of Torres then i can safely say you've never followed or watch any spanish football.
    he's just one of the most sort out players in europe. Man Utd, Real Madrid, Inter, Chelsea, Milan, Juve have all been linked to this player. and any of those teams would be happy to have him.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Juve100% ] ++
    if you never heard of Torres then i can safely say you've never followed or watch any spanish football.
    he's just one of the most sort out players in europe. Man Utd, Real Madrid, Inter, Chelsea, Milan, Juve have all been linked to this player. and any of those teams would be happy to have him.

yes, that's true...i don't follow spanish football coz here is poor coverage of football matches :down:

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    That guy is great.

I am a little worried about people who play in Spain and then come to Italy. Rivaldo and Mendietta are on my mind.

But then you have Claudio Lopez though.

OP
    Juve100%

Juve100%

Feb 13, 2004
  • Thread Starter #11
    any player you buy is a risk, but what a player and only 19 years old, even if he dont have a great first or even 2nd season, he's young and time is on his side

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Torres is brilliant, but at this point in time I'd prefer Gilardino or Zlatan since Torres still has alot to learn and isn't fully developed yet. A better idea would be to buy him but to let him stay in Spain for another season or two.

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
    If we sell Trez, we should go for huge talent , and thats what Torres got. We dont need another DYO, so no Gila and no Zlatan please!!!

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
    Torres is brilliant, but at this point in time I'd prefer Gilardino or Zlatan since Torres still has alot to learn and isn't fully developed yet. A better idea would be to buy him but to let him stay in Spain for another season or two.
    Exactly the same way I was thinking about Kaká last year...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    But it's different for Kaka. He has great players like Rui Costa who can replace him, so in essence, there wasn't alot of pressure on Kaka, but if Torres comes he'll be expected to come up big, with only Di Vaio and Miccoli behind him. Having to lead our attack would be too big of a burden for a 19-year-old such as Torres imo.

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
    as I C it Torres would be much better than Zlatan...
    With torres the possibility that we get a player who scores important goals much greater and we have a player that has more dimension in their style (something also Zlatan has, I'm refering to 1D man Trez!)

At the same time I'm very found of Gilardino...

so dream would be:

Bye Trez and Di Vaio and hello Torres and Gilardino! :D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Yeah, that would be very good because with Gilardino joining, Torres wouldn't be under as much pressure as if he alone was to come.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)