USA Summer Tour Announced! NO Juve :( (3 Viewers)

ADP Timers

Feb 4, 2004
Once again, the USAtour is back here in teh states, this time, however, without Juventus. Im sad, as I thought I would get a chance to capitalize and see them for sure this summer, now Ill just have to wait till Italy in 2006.

Good read.....

Europe's big guns set to tour USA

NEW YORK, March 18 (Reuters) - Manchester United will be joined on their pre-season tour of the United States by six other European clubs, organisers said on Thursday.

Premiership rivals Chelsea and Liverpool, Scottish club Celtic, Italian Serie A sides AC Milan and AS Roma and German giants Bayern Munich make up the Champions World series.

United, who four months ago committed to return to the U.S. following a successful tour last July and August, will play three matches in north America this July.

They meet Bayern in Chicago on July 25, Celtic in Philadelphia on July 28 and current European Cup holders Milan at Giants Stadium, New Jersey, on July 31.

Chelsea play three matches in total, against Celtic in Seattle, Roma in Pittsburgh and Milan in Philadelphia.

Liverpool will meet Celtic in East Hartford, Connecticut, while Roma also face Liverpool at Giants stadium and Celtic in Toronto, Canada.

Seven venues will be used in all, with capacities ranging from 40,000 at Rentschler Field, East Hartford to 80,242 at Giants stadium.

The matches will be broadcast live across the US and Manchester United chief executive David Gill said: 'The club takes the tournament seriously.

'It is the chance for the players to impress the manager. If you have some new players in the squad it is their first chance to come into the team.

'It is very important and the start we had to the season was our best ever and I think that is no surprise given the quality of the games that we played in America and the seriousness with which the players took the matches.'

Gill added: 'All the grounds we played at were magnificent stadia, the fans really got involved with it and knew their football.

'It struck me how big the sport is becoming and it is growing particularly well.'

Umberto Gandini, organising director of AC Milan reflected: 'The US audience is very attractive for us and it is a very important trip one in terms of playing Manchester United and Chelsea for our Champions League preparation.'

ChampionsWorld chief executive officer Charlie Stillitano added: 'We are excited to bring the ChampionsWorld Series here for a second year and to add new participants.'

Saturday, July 24
Chelsea v Celtic
Seahawks Stadium, Seattle

Sunday, July 25
Manchester United v Bayern Munich
Soldier Field, Chicago

Monday, July 26
Liverpool v Celtic
Rentschler Field, East Hartford

Wednesday, July 28
Manchester United v Celtic
Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia

Thursday, July 29
AS Roma v Chelsea
Heinz Field, Pittsburgh

Saturday, July 31
Manchester United v AC Milan
Giants Stadium, East Rutherford

Saturday, July 31
Celtic v AS Roma
SkyDome, Toronto

Monday, August 2
Chelsea v AC Milan
Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia

Tuesday, August 3
AS Roma v Liverpool
Giants Stadium, East Rutherford

Buy on AliExpress.com

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Thanks for the info...

i'm not too sad... maybe this'll help juve. The players seem very tired at this point...also, maybe last year's summer tour gave juve a false indication of how good they were.

Anyhow, all hope isn't lost ADP Timers.

I know it's a long shot, but if we happen to beat Lazio in the 2nd leg of the Coppa and win overall, then there's a huge chance you'll see Juve play the supercoppa italiana, again, in the USA this summer vs. the serie A champs (Milan most likely).

If so, I'll surely make it. I was at Giant's stadium last summer and it was awesome.. :thumb:

OP
ADP Timers

ADP Timers

Feb 4, 2004
  • Thread Starter #5
    I didnt know where it belonged, move it I guess.
    Sucks that most of the games are on the East Coast. Cali gets nothing....:( GAY

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Oh my God, I can't believe this. I missed the opportunity to see them last year. This f***ing sucks. Why don't they just come back. Now I am stuck watching the boring Roma game.

Forza Juve in America

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)