Official juve sign Di Vaio (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Official: Juve capture Di Vaio Saturday 31 August, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus have officially signed Marco Di Vaio for £18m plus half of Matteo Brighi's contract.

The Bianconeri made their need for a fifth forward clear after Marcello Lippi confirmed, “We’ll definitely do something on the transfer market as we need another striker.”

Although Chievo’s Massimo Marazzina had been suggested, Di Vaio was always the first choice for Lippi.

“I have Parma on my mind,” said the former Salernitana man last week, “but I realise in football anything can happen.”

“I only hope that if a move does go through it is to the advantage of both the club and myself.”

The Italian international had also been linked with Inter, but the key to the affair was midfielder Matteo Brighi.

Parma director of sport Arrigo Sacchi is a fan of the Under-21 star who made his senior Azzurri debut against Slovenia last week.

Brighi is now co-owned by the Tardini side as part of the move for Di Vaio. Brighi also spent last season at Bologna.

To fill in for this devastating blow to their squad, Parma are rushing to complete their own swoop for Verona hitman Adrian Mutu.

All the moves must be signed, sealed and delivered before the transfer deadline this evening.

Football Italia

Buy on AliExpress.com

Spartacus

Jul 13, 2002
This belongs in the transfer market and there is already a thread about it. Did you just wake up Denco? :D

J/K

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)