Juve to sacrifice Nedved? (2 Viewers)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Juve to sacrifice Nedved?
Thursday 12 February, 2004

Juventus may consider selling Pavel Nedved this summer as part of a rejuvenation programme.

The Golden Ball winner has numerous admirers throughout Europe and an enticing offer could see the Turin side sacrifice the 31-year-old.

Juve are expected to buy a number of new defenders in the summer and his sale, like that one of Zinedine Zidane in the past, could fund a number of major swoops.

Reports this week have claimed that the likes of Chelsea would be interested but Barcelona are being strongly associated on Thursday.

They are apparently ready to offer a player plus cash deal in return for the Czech international superstar.

It has been alleged that the Nou Camp side will offer money, acquired through the possible sale of Carlos Puyol, plus the services of attacking midfielder Javier Saviola.

The Argentine has been linked with the Turin giants in the past and he has the added incentive that he is close to acquiring an Italian passport.

Nedved had stated that his intention was to see out his career with Juventus before hanging up his boots.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/feb12d.html

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jul 28, 2002
no thanks, lets NOT sell neddy, unless its a Zidane esque super bid and neddy really wants to go.

We can sell others to get money, heck, we have the nike deal, the good operating profit and the general wealth juventus has...why do we need to sell stars when its clear half the team expired already??

Unless Fiat is pinching the cash :devil::fero:.................:D

Jul 28, 2002
Ahh so thats whats in lippi's cigars (cheroots or whateva)...explains his crazy decisions like not buying mexes or chivu and buying Baiocco :(

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
lets not sell Nedved and Buy Rosicky to play with him in mid
we sell Trez buy someone who is better and there are a lot better strikers and buy a defender

K10

Jul 12, 2002
I say: Please Nedved leave!! I am fed up with Juve already

I need to return to my Juve hating days. Life was much better then! :D

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
i wish they sell him at the end of the season, really, he is becoming old, we can buy d'alessandro as a replacement, let ur feelings stand aside, he will leave anyway, sooner or later..

with the money he produces we can rejuvenate our team..

Jul 28, 2002
............ hmm i liked the D'ale bit, but not sure on the neddy leaving bit, at least ur a realist.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Stupid move imo. Neddy should definitely stay, and if Barca really want to try to tempt Moggi they should offer cash plus Puyol, who would actually help our defence, rather than Saviola. We already have enough support strikers, but Puyol now would be a super signing. He's a brilliant defender, without a doubt one of the best in the world as far as I'm concerned.

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
I think we should give away Nedved for free and buy Roberto Baggio.

Up front we should sell Trez and buy Maurizio Ganz (or Hubner).

Then our midfield and attack will have the same average age as our defence!

Forget the Chelsea pensioners....that title could be Juve's!

(probably the most pointless post ever but hey)

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
Pure B.S. all speculation and totally not Juve's style in times like this...mid season fire sales are very much not Juve and neither is panic fire

Maybe to sacrifice a lamb is a better ritual...less trouble with the law than to sacrifice Nedved (murder, manslaughter, etc)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Like incubbo said.... stupid rumour... amnd if it is true...stupid idea.

He is one of the few world class plyers that we have. This ale could be done in case, and just in case we have a super player to replace him.
Like it or not, he is the gear in our team.

And jUventus,,, this is time to start investing in the dfeence and do som monetary sacrifices for the team.

Jul 12, 2002
I'd take it. If Barca can come up with the money, I'd take the cash and either Saviola or Puyol. I'd take straight cash form Chelsea too. Nedved's on his way down, and we desperately need transfer funds. Saviola would be a good adition to the squad, considering his versatility, and it would free us up to sell Miccoli, Di Vaio or both.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #17
    I agree. But IMO the one to be sold should be Diva, keep Mico with us. I've always been a big fan of Saviola.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by -Z- ] ++
    I agree. But IMO the one to be sold should be Diva, keep Mico with us. I've always been a big fan of Saviola.
    I agree. The thing is that Saviola and Miccoli are very similar players, it's just that Miccoli prefers the right while Saviola prefers the left. Seems to me that those two could form the wide parts of a very effective three-man attack.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #19
    Yeah, I see what you're getting at. Maybe we should drop Camo and play them two as left and right wide forward respectivly. We'd need a more attacking right back tho

I was thinking something along these lines:
    Code:
              Trezeguet
    Saviola               Miccoli

Rosicky

Maresca Tacchinardi

Zambrotta Tudor Legro Trabelsi

Buffon

Sep 28, 2002
    with this formation we'd be screwed. 4 attacking players, +maresca and zambrotta always going forward. too empty at the back. with this formation you need two world class CBs to cope with opponent's attacks. neither legro nor tudor is world class. that's one point. we'd need to DEFENSIVE midfielders. maresca is not very defensive, he likes to go forward. so no place for him as well. but the idea itself is very promising.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)